Smith Caught - New Grub Act

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Surprised at Ikin's stance.

Not sure if he was attempting to launch a debate but he totally missed Kent's point, as did Buzz :cool:

All they need to do is watch a regular 90s game then watch one from 2019.

The aggression is not the Issue, which Ikin dismissed with now 'appealing to polite society' :fubar:

Rugby league has tackles and Scumo wrestling has 3 grown men writhing on 1 and twisting his joints and skeleton into dangerous positions :swear:

In the 90s if your teammate had his ear ripped, the forwards sorted out the grub ASAP :wait:

Now any justice is dependent on a Referee's willingness to penalize and an MRC willingness to charge the grub :confused:

images

Last edited:
I dunno how, over the past week Kent, who I can take or leave depending on his tangent, hasn't reached over and backhanded Ikin.
I've felt like it.
This smug, insincere, over played devil's advocate defence of the very thing that can damage the games image far more than a punch up between 2 blokes could ever do needs to be pulled up.
If the league thinks that this rubbish is the thing that will attract kids to be allowed to play the game then we might as well fold up the tent.
That pimps like buddy holly can defend this sh*t is only overshadowed by the NRL and media stooges exulting and lauding the grub who is smith.
If it wasn't for Manly I would walk from this game.
Over it...

I was with Kent on this one on 360, Melbourne have come up with the wrestle, the canon ball, the chicken wing, crusher etc. Absolute grubs, ruining the game. How can Ikin and Buzz be defending this crap
Im not sure if Ikin is taking the p*ss. Buzz chops and changes.
I don't think he can remember what side he's on...

I couldn’t watch it. Knew it would just piss me off even more. Just reading the comments on here about the show has me reaching for the vals.

Well we had Krillich call out their BS and now its all over the media.

The fact that smith got penalised for "being all over the face" tells me that the refs are now well aware the media is watching, and are starting to police it.

Could not have come at a better time heading into finals. If I was Des, I make it a hot topic leading into next weeks game.

Now if the NRL could grow a pair and call Melbourne on thier BS, that would be great.

I dunno how, over the past week Kent, who I can take or leave depending on his tangent, hasn't reached over and backhanded Ikin.
I've felt like it.
This smug, insincere, over played devil's advocate defence of the very thing that can damage the games image far more than a punch up between 2 blokes could ever do needs to be pulled up.
If the league thinks that this rubbish is the thing that will attract kids to be allowed to play the game then we might as well fold up the tent.
That pimps like buddy holly can defend this sh*t is only overshadowed by the NRL and media stooges exulting and lauding the grub who is smith.
If it wasn't for Manly I would walk from this game.
Over it...
And I would be right behind you HE.

As usual the waters are muddied by idiots (did anyone see Finch the other night going off?) saying 'everyone wrestles'.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!

No one is debating that other teams don't wrestle. Kent is debating players and teams deliberately going out to injure and harm players.

But no.....that rubbish from Buzz last night about us employing a wrestling coach in 96. So what? He seemed to be implying because Melbourne didn't start the fire....they aren't culpable for anything?

Ikin came across as an absolute stooge last night, his defence of Smith was bordering on sub-normal!

Ikin needs his tv show to feature ‘lively debate’ so someone has to take the other side, otherwise it would not be a controversy merely (another) league scandal and his bosses would be greatly displeased.
As for Finch, his role is to giggle, leer and burp, it was an embarrassment seeing him trying to argue a point as a loyal ex-Storm stooge.

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7