Smith Caught - New Grub Act

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Never understood why the ref calls held 5 times, and then Scam hangs on for 3 more seconds and uses his elbow on the tackled players neck to stand up and the ref is all "nothing to see here".

It's a joke.

Th pandomine and theatre of the pocket ref running in and melodramatically bending over and pointing at them is also a thing of beauty ... useless and ignored .... but I guess it makes them feel important ....

Can any of you MMA and cage fighting fans tell me the rules regarding "pressure points" in these sports ..... suggestions that Scam has been feeling around with his thumb in suspicious areas is a concern .... I thought even the no holds barred world thinks that shiite is too dangerous ... ??

Another grub act by one of biggest grubs to play the game.
Just another day at the office for a sCam and Bellyache run side. Always looking for ways to slow the play the ball down. Whether it be bending an arm or leg or applying pressure on a body part to cause discomfort. They are the kings of dog acts and it's a joke sCam comes out so squeaky clean.
In my opinion Alex McKinnon was a victim of one these win at all costs tactics these grubs came up with.
It’s no coincidence the only player paralysed in the modern era has come from a team playing against Melb.

I was with Kent on this one on 360, Melbourne have come up with the wrestle, the canon ball, the chicken wing, crusher etc. Absolute grubs, ruining the game. How can Ikin and Buzz be defending this crap
Agree. And how was Cronk denying it all! Yes they didn’t train those moves as stated by Kent as the names used were all given by the media, so of course Cronk said they never trained them. Kent needed to be more specific and go him around what those moves actually were and how they looked.

Can any of you MMA and cage fighting fans tell me the rules regarding "pressure points" in these sports ..... suggestions that Scam has been feeling around with his thumb in suspicious areas is a concern .... I thought even the no holds barred world thinks that shiite is too dangerous ... ??
There are many outlawed moves in BJJ MMA etc, and if its a no-no in professional combat sport, then it will be a good self defense technique on the street.

As usual the waters are muddied by idiots (did anyone see Finch the other night going off?) saying 'everyone wrestles'.

YOU ARE MISSING THE POINT!

No one is debating that other teams don't wrestle. Kent is debating players and teams deliberately going out to injure and harm players.

But no.....that rubbish from Buzz last night about us employing a wrestling coach in 96. So what? He seemed to be implying because Melbourne didn't start the fire....they aren't culpable for anything?

Ikin came across as an absolute stooge last night, his defence of Smith was bordering on sub-normal!
And Kent defended us on that one. Couldn’t believe it

You learn different ways to do blood chokes and **** around the neck but generally when you are just trying to reef off someone’s head it’s a crank and it means your technique is ****ed so you resorted to just muscling. In BJJ it’s technique before everything. Just muscling your way to submissions is low level ****. Chicken wings are more wrestling, like a whizzer and wrestling is lame. It’s like the crappy part of BJJ.

The bigger issue with the comparisons to BJJ and so on is that BJJ is a one on one match where you can tap out when you get get caught and can’t escape and your opponent will respect that and immediately release. What the storm do is have a couple of guys pin someone down and usually a third grub cranks the neck or whatever which is the lowest form of scum.

BJJ has relevance to league for a tackler in maintaining top control of a tackled opponent and spinning yourself back to marker while pressuring them downwards but a lot of the other **** is just basic grubbery under the guise of martial arts.

Remember BJJ is called the gentle art. Having said that I broke my hand twice before I quit but that was angry newbies both times which are regarded as the most dangerous people in any academy.

The issue here twofold; you have a ref correctly penalizing Smith for hands in the face and Smith incessantly questioning him minutes afterwards. Regardless of the fact the footage proves that Smith was twisting the ear at least, the ref was tolerating that sort of active undermining. That has to be a warning or a binning.

Secondly, Melbourne were under scrutiny for wrestling tactics the whole week, with them emphatically denying any wrongdoing like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, than having their captain caught twisting the ears of opponents.

I hope the NRL reconsiders the leeway they give the Storm after this, as negative media attention is about the only thing they care about.

The issue here twofold; you have a ref correctly penalizing Smith for hands in the face and Smith incessantly questioning him minutes afterwards. Regardless of the fact the footage proves that Smith was twisting the ear at least, the ref was tolerating that sort of active undermining. That has to be a warning or a binning.

Secondly, Melbourne were under scrutiny for wrestling tactics the whole week, with them emphatically denying any wrongdoing like butter wouldn't melt in their mouths, than having their captain caught twisting the ears of opponents.

I hope the NRL reconsiders the leeway they give the Storm after this, as negative media attention is about the only thing they care about.

I've actually seen Melbourne fans on social media trying to defend what he did by saying he actually had the jumper and not the ears.

Yeah, that's why the Canberra player immediately got up and shoved sCam onto his backside and then felt for his ears.....because he only had hold of the jumper @:rolleyes:

I've actually seen Melbourne fans on social media trying to defend what he did by saying he actually had the jumper and not the ears.

Yeah, that's why the Canberra player immediately got up and shoved sCam onto his backside and then felt for his ears.....because he only had hold of the jumper @:rolleyes:

You can actually see the ear being crushed between his index and middle fingers in the photos.

David Gallop was right about Storm fans

It’s no coincidence the only player paralysed in the modern era has come from a team playing against Melb.
That was the year the NRL made a point of a tackle being called held straight away if a players feet left the ground.
I remember pointing out to my old man when watching a scum game early that year that it looked like they were deliberately lifting players in the air in 3 man tackles to get that easy held call.
Great plan. Lift him up (straight up, not horizontal) in a 3 player tackle so the player feels vulnerable (less chance of offload), get the easy held call, then slowly and awkwardly lower him back to the ground in a tangle of players for a slow play the ball. Happened enough for it to look deliberate at the time.

My wife’s cousin trains at the
You learn different ways to do blood chokes and **** around the neck but generally when you are just trying to reef off someone’s head it’s a crank and it means your technique is ****ed so you resorted to just muscling. In BJJ it’s technique before everything. Just muscling your way to submissions is low level ****. Chicken wings are more wrestling, like a whizzer and wrestling is lame. It’s like the crappy part of BJJ.

The bigger issue with the comparisons to BJJ and so on is that BJJ is a one on one match where you can tap out when you get get caught and can’t escape and your opponent will respect that and immediately release. What the storm do is have a couple of guys pin someone down and usually a third grub cranks the neck or whatever which is the lowest form of scum.

BJJ has relevance to league for a tackler in maintaining top control of a tackled opponent and spinning yourself back to marker while pressuring them downwards but a lot of the other **** is just basic grubbery under the guise of martial arts.

Remember BJJ is called the gentle art. Having said that I broke my hand twice before I quit but that was angry newbies both times which are regarded as the most dangerous people in any academy.
My wife’s cousin trains at the Gracie university in California three times a year and is in the process of getting a new self defence program implemented into the NSW police force. A couple of the Gracie boys are coming to his wedding next year as well, and he basically lives and breathes BJJ. He pretty much said exactly what you posted in a conversation the other night.

Players like Blocker, Spud, Igor, Lurch, Rambo.....Smith would have been carried off horizontally with a Zambuk walking alongside.
Hopefully one day a time machine will allow Cameron Smith to be transported back to circa 1965-74 and a melange of Matches of the Day at the SCG.

Cam will be the human football and players like Kevin Ryan, John Sattler, Billy Smith, Paul Sait, Gary Stevens, Terry Randall, John O’Neill, Fred Jones, Arthur Beetson, Jim Morgan, Bill Hamilton, Bob Moses, Cliff Watson, Ron Turner, Tommy Bishop, John Maguire, Bill Noonan, Ron Coote, Bob McCarthy, Bob O’Reilly, Tommy Raudonikus, Mal Reilly, George Piggins and Allan Thomson will take it in turns to sort him out.

At the end of it, Cam will either be a blubbering mess or a mess of blubber.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8