[Resurrected] Sitili Tupouniua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

47MVEagle

Bencher
It could also be because they have decided to move Radley to 2nd row & already have Crichton, Wong, Nat Butcher, Egan Butcher as other options. I agree tho Id definitely be concerned about his injuries too. if they really want to move on a back rower hopefully manly enquires about Wong, lots of potential in him
Remember they were chasing Fifita though, so their glut of backrowers would also have been an issue had they signed him.

manly al

First Grader
Remember they were chasing Fifita though, so their glut of backrowers would also have been an issue had they signed him.
Think that that coincided with the Roosters trying to off load Crichton but that position has considerably changed after missing out on Fifita .
Tupouniua was or seemed to be going quite well 2 or 3 years ago but whether injury or general form issues , does not seem to have the same impact for some time now .
Not that i follow the Roosters to any real extent .
A couple of other handy back rowers there and should at least be looked at and if on the market

ManlyGM

Rookie
Michael Chammas on 100% Footy saying Manly, Dolphins and Dogs have all expressed an interest in Tupouniua. Although he's contracted for another 3 years, the Roosters apparently gave him permission to look around due to cap issues, but conditionally on them re-signing Angus Crichton.
"There's no offer on the table from the Bulldogs - the Dolphins and Manly are interested in Sitili Tupouniua, they have expressed interest but that all hinges on what happens around Angus Crichton."

So reckon Sitili would be a good buy, even though injuries are concerning. The second row depth behind Haumole and Burbo is pretty poor so Sitili probably walks straight into our side.

Don’t see that pathway for him in a Bulldogs side that has Kikau, Preston, Salmon. Dolphins make sense with Aitken off and Kaufusi and Bromwich aging. Not really sure about other potential second rowers that could be available but would be all for Manly signing Sitili.

Last edited:

bob dylan

First Grader
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I can name 10 Roosters forwards i'd much rather have.

Creighton, Collins, JWH, Watson, Leniu, Whyte, May, Radley, Egan Butcher and Nat Butcher.

He seems to have lost his mojo.

Does Manly want to buy the 11th or 12th best Roosters forward?

If we dont I guess we buy another Tiger. Seyfarth?

My opinion, for what its worth, save the money and go after a better player.

Scorpio

Armchair Expert
Just resign Samuela. He is only on $500k a year.
He was signed at the Tigers for $500k a year for 4 years after 5 NRL games. Latu likewise but after 0 games and still hasn't debuted.

Worth asking... how much do you think his manager would ask for now? I would think that quoted value will be upgraded too.

ALinda

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
A newspaper excerpt posted on FB:
"Manly has emerged as a strong contender for Roosters back-rower Sitili Tupouniua who has been given permission to talk with rival clubs despite three years left on his deal.
It is understood the Sea Eagles have met with the 27-year-old who is expected to leave the Roosters at the end of the season.
Canterbury and the Dolphins are the other clubs in the mix. Despite reports this week that Tupouniua had already agreed to join the Bulldogs it is understood that a deal is far from done.
The Bulldogs are still well in the hunt to land Tupouniua although the Sea Eagles are also circling.
The Roosters log-jam of forwards means that Tupouniua has been reluctantly squeezed out of the club. Manly have some cash available given their decision to cut ties with Josh Schuster."

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18