Sitili Tupouniua

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why? Because if they did that the "other" non-NRL registered payments would become obvious and there would be a REAL scandal to have to deal with.

Example: TPA total for the Roosters top 30 is revealed to be only 1M but their roster is valued at 5M over the cap.
The NRL know that some clubs are rorting the system and don't want it revealed.
Exactly. And that the NRL will be ripped apart for playing its part too

Why? Because if they did that the "other" non-NRL registered payments would become obvious and there would be a REAL scandal to have to deal with.

Example: TPA total for the Roosters top 30 is revealed to be only 1M but their roster is valued at 5M over the cap.
The NRL know that some clubs are rorting the system and don't want it revealed.

You do realise that you are accusing both the NRL and people within that organisation of illegal and systemic corruption ... there is an old adage .. if 2 people know a secret it is not a secret .. how many people do you believe at the NRL are keeping quiet ? and are they all luckily Easts fans ?

I heard we are looking at him (although he is contracted to Roosters next year) he would be a weapon buy. I reckon he will be the best prop in the game next year, he is fit, mobile, runs hard and exciting to watch. If Roosters want someone in return then let them have them.
We were looking at Hetherington and now Tupouniua so at least we are looking at the right players. With the addition of Saab, Foran, Davey, Garner and if we could somehow jag Tupouniua then all of a sudden we look like a serious side, especially if Fainu is allowed to play.
This guy is a 2nd rower isnt he? Big yes please from me over Garner anyday. In saying that he wont leave the rorters no way

I think it's time to move Taupau to second-row. He is getting older and becoming more of a leader. He has lost some oomph in his hitups but is still very valuable and has a strong presence. We need to be able to have him on the field for most if not all of the game and I can picture him running some strong lines like he has been developing this season. Him next to DCE or Foran can work as he will lure in defenders and open up space for either Suli or Walker (very important) and have Foran/DCE pick the defence apart

Our forward stocks have steadily improved and grown, this could work now unlike in 2016 when we had to rely almost soley on taupau in the middle.

8. Jake Trbojevic
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Martin Taupau
12. Curtis Sironen/Tupouinua (highly unlikely)
13. Joshua Schuster
Bench: Guac (prop), Davey, Keppie, Garner
Marty has lost some oomph????? Ok I must be watching another player coz to me he’s still got plenty of oomph!!! Bends the line most times, has an offload & averages over 120 run meters for the 50-60 minutes he’s on the field! Not sure what you expect from him????

Marty has lost some oomph????? Ok I must be watching another player coz to me he’s still got plenty of oomph!!! Bends the line most times, has an offload & averages over 120 run meters for the 50-60 minutes he’s on the field! Not sure what you expect from him????

He was outstanding this year, and one of the most damaging props in the game.

By oomph I mean flair in a way. If he gets to do less carrying of the team in 2021 (and by moving him to second row it's a chance to balance the squad and ensure this happens) then he can be used to not only make metres like he has been, but to also punch holes in the defensive line and break it apart. He has played bloody well but has been absorbed by the opposition defence due to the limiting role he is playing and especially the lack of support he has had from less involved players (and especially a lack of backline help such as Garrick). He made the metres, but we didn't have the punch on our edges to make them worth it. I think it is his turn.

Marty and AFB weren't helped out by their backline or backrow so 90% of their game was them working it out of our end. This wasn't a critique on Taupau, he's got to be my favourite forward by far. I think we need him on the field for longer but in a less punching bag role where he can inject himself in bursts and save up energy to go again rather than be let down by others around him and have to carry the team on his shoulders.

This isn't about metres, it's about impact. I'd rather Keppie or Paseka make the metres, lets see Taupau land the blows now, he's carried this forward pack for so long that he not only needs a break from the deadlifting out of our end but he needs a chance to shine again. 2nd Row, 80 minutes a game, let him play a less intensive but more potent role, he will always be a beast.

Last edited by a moderator:
Woodrow is the CEO director and founding member! He is also the only member.... though it seems you could make the cut. Whoever you are
The numbnut coalition. Fighting the good fight for numbnuts everywhere since the term numbnut was introduced. It’s fair to say anyone who’s been posting around here for any period could be considered a member of the numbnut coalition. So perhaps I do make the cut.

You do realise that you are accusing both the NRL and people within that organisation of illegal and systemic corruption ... there is an old adage .. if 2 people know a secret it is not a secret .. how many people do you believe at the NRL are keeping quiet ? and are they all luckily Easts fans ?
It's not only "Easts" that are doing it, it is several clubs. In saying that, we would probably be doing it too...if we had the resources.

The numbnut coalition. Fighting the good fight for numbnuts everywhere since the term numbnut was introduced. It’s fair to say anyone who’s been posting around here for any period could be considered a member of the numbnut coalition. So perhaps I do make the cut.
I'll have to take your word for it ;)

I'll never get the obsession on this forum on moving players out of position

Let move Turbo to centre
Marty to and edge
Tunoupinua to the middle (if signed obvs)
Parker to an edge
Taufua to an edge
Harper to hooker
DCE to hooker
Walker to hooker or Fullback
B Turbo to the wing

No don't get me wrong, at times it has merit (Cust or Foran to hooker) but if the coaches on this Forum had their way the team would look like this

1.Sironen
2.DCE
3 Jake
4.garrick
5.Cust
6 Harper
7.Oluka'atu
8.Foran
9.Tapau
10.Parker
11.Walker
12.Paseka
13.Funa

I'll never get the obsession on this forum on moving players out of position

Let move Turbo to centre
Marty to and edge
Tunoupinua to the middle (if signed obvs)
Parker to an edge
Taufua to an edge
Harper to hooker
DCE to hooker
Walker to hooker or Fullback
B Turbo to the wing

No don't get me wrong, at times it has merit (Cust or Foran to hooker) but if the coaches on this Forum had their way the team would look like this

1.Sironen
2.DCE
3 Jake
4.garrick
5.Cust
6 Harper
7.Oluka'atu
8.Foran
9.Tapau
10.Parker
11.Walker
12.Paseka