Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Siro has played lock for us before I'm sure. It was a couple of years back now
He came into the Tigers system as a ball playing lock, but mostly played second row and five eight. I'm not sure how many games he has played for us at lock. Clearly he can cover that spot. Can he play any quality time for us in the prop rotation over the next few weeks? Because that's what we are going to need. Losing Keppie for three weeks at this stage of the season is far from ideal. Completely understandable though. But he needs to be replaced and Sironens experience could come in handy off the bench in the next few rounds. Particularly against the Storm and the Eels.

Can Sironen be repurposed as a middle forward? (Assuming he is fit to play of course) Looking at our current situation with Keppie being unavailable for three weeks, could Sironen step in as a middle forward and cover for Jake? If so perhaps Lawton could take Walkers utility position at 14, provide cover for the centres, halves, lock and second rows? These are all questions. I am not advocating for this to occur BUT I think a bench of Lawton, Sironen, De Luis, Sipley looks stronger then Walker, Lawton, De Luis, Sipley.
Walker actually provides a lot of value off the bench. He's only had like one bad game since coming back from injury and that was playing at 6 against raiders which he shouldn't have in the first place. But he's actually been a quality 14, can't take it away from him. Brings a spark in attack, a lot to work on with his defence but expected when he is defending in the middle for the first time in his career. He will improve. And once he comes on Jake shifts to the prop rotation, so carrying just one prop in Sipley on the bench works out for us. Lawton is obvious the other bench spot and I wouldn't mind Siro as the last man on the bench. Ease him and try play him as a lock in the last 15-20 mins. But once Aloiai is back from suspension I would slot him in place of Siro.

IF Davey is actually let go as has been suggested on here then I would offer Siro a contract on a largely reduced contract. I still haven't heard any more about Davey leaving other than some random guy on Twitter though.

I thought Davey was contracted for next year. If so why would we let him go?
He's a bargain basement depth forward who was showing great signs before his injury, and also a 'grown-up' to keep the squad culture realistic.
Really thought those early games in a Manly side going very ordinary, Davey was a standout and played with plenty of intensity in that short time he made the paddock....could tell he was really ripping in to show he was worthy of the opportunity Manly gave him.

I don't mind Siro but at a minimum contract, and as a backup. He can't start before those in the current 13.

Well I think our edge forwards are pretty clear moving forward, Lawton has also proved he can cover this role for us and do a better than decent job off it if needed, so for me it’s pretty clear if Sirro wants to hang around and be part of our squad he has to look at transitioning to a role in the middle and that’s the big question does he want to play for us and is he happy to do whats best for the team or whatever Des wants him to do?

Here‘s one, if Sirro is willing and happy to move into the middle, (his big enough, defensively good enough, would add good mobility and leg speed up front and could benefit from playing less minutes as part of the rotation) so how about this question, who would you see as a better option Woods or Sirro as an extra middle, it’s a no brainer for me, I’d like to see Sirro get a run in our FR rotation over the next few weeks (especially if his ready to return as its being said) while Keppie’s away and see how it goes, I don’t believe we need Woods, nor will he bring something ahead of Sirro to our game.

Sirro on the other hand is part of our squad, has a game already in place with Chez, knows our system and has plenty to play for (with regard to his own future) I think it’s pretty obvious he can’t slot back into his old role, if he transitions into the middle he could prove very handy in our tilt at the tittle this year. We have the opportunity to find out over the next few weeks, I hope thats how it plays out, it would be 100% better for us than bringing in woods, even without woods as part of the thought process if Sirro successfully plays that role, it will be a massive positive for us.

I might have to rephrase my post. Can Sironen be repurposed as an effective middle forward, with the ability/motor to play both at prop and lock if required?

Been advocating trialling him as a prop since the rise and rise of Guacamole and Schuster on the edges ... he is big enough, a good defender and very mobile with skills .. the upside if successful would be big.

IF Davey is actually let go as has been suggested on here then I would offer Siro a contract on a largely reduced contract. I still haven't heard any more about Davey leaving other than some random guy on Twitter though.
From the little I saw of Davey before his injury I'd be very disappointed if the club released him, he plays with heart and doesn't mind getting his hands dirty, there's others I'd move on before him

I'd keep Davey on the cheap as a depth player, sure. But he's not going to be in our top 17. Olakau'atu has taken that spot. And Burbo will get the other second row position when Schuster moves into the halves.

Walker adds far more impact off the bench than Davey would, which in this iteration of the game is really useful.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8