Sironen

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well if that's the case he won't play this season. I wonder if Manly will resign him?
Mate, at his best, he is barnstorming.

A random person on Twitter told me (and was.oretry.certain) we'd signed Davey for two years (with the second year at the club's option), and we wouldn't be taking that option up.

I said that was so harsh, but if true, Siro could be a certainty, I'll try and find the tweet and post it

Screenshot_20210716-231743.png

Mate, at his best, he is barnstorming.

A random person on Twitter told me (and was.oretry.certain) we'd signed Davey for two years (with the second year at the club's option), and we wouldn't be taking that option up.

I said that was so harsh, but if true, Siro could be a certainty, I'll try and find the tweet and post it
Wow. I can't believe that! I can only assume it is a personal choice by Davey. The club would be mad not to keep him if he wants to stay.

Really?

Wasnt Sironen due back in round 12?

He was named in the reserves one week and then didnt get cut 24hrs out.. and then didnt play. I have no mail but just a bad feeling he’s had a blue over not getting his starting spot back and has been shafter

Tbh i’d find it stupid to resign him but can see him having a much better role than de luis.

Really?

Wasnt Sironen due back in round 12?

He was named in the reserves one week and then didnt get cut 24hrs out.. and then didnt play. I have no mail but just a bad feeling he’s had a blue over not getting his starting spot back and has been shafter

Tbh i’d find it stupid to resign him but can see him having a much better role than de luis.

Or maybe it's as simple as the fact that he's had chronic injuries his entire career (even before first grade) and just picked up more of them during recovery.

In any case... If (and this is not a reference to anyone in particular) a player has minor issues that the coach sees as warranting a stand-down, I would much prefer the club and player deal with it in-house and add a few weeks to their injury layoff, instead of having dirty laundry aired in public for disection by the NRL media.

Can Sironen be repurposed as a middle forward? (Assuming he is fit to play of course) Looking at our current situation with Keppie being unavailable for three weeks, could Sironen step in as a middle forward and cover for Jake? If so perhaps Lawton could take Walkers utility position at 14, provide cover for the centres, halves, lock and second rows? These are all questions. I am not advocating for this to occur BUT I think a bench of Lawton, Sironen, De Luis, Sipley looks stronger then Walker, Lawton, De Luis, Sipley.

Can Sironen be repurposed as a middle forward? (Assuming he is fit to play of course) Looking at our current situation with Keppie being unavailable for three weeks, could Sironen step in as a middle forward and cover for Jake? If so perhaps Lawton could take Walkers utility position at 14, provide cover for the centres, halves, lock and second rows? These are all questions. I am not advocating for this to occur BUT I think a bench of Lawton, Sironen, De Luis, Sipley looks stronger then Walker, Lawton, De Luis, Sipley.
If he’s fit I think the only spot for Siro is somewhere in the middle. Mole and Schu need to play 80 on the edges.

Des plays Gosiewski in the middle and often played Waddell there last year so no reason why he wouldn't play Siro there.

Siro has played lock for us before I'm sure. It was a couple of years back now

Not sure why there's so much Davey chat in a Sironen thread, but I'm not that sad to see him go. He's a depth forward at best now. Who in our current best 17 would you swap him for?

Staff online

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6