SIRO TO 5/8?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

kombi 66

With stocks low at the moment and wanting to keep the right balance on the bench, how about siro to 5/8?
A big body with plenty of skill together with a good short kicking game I'm sure he will excel in the role. In comes waddell to the start keeping croker on the bench to rotate with levi.
Bench: croker, boyle, keppie and jack
no room for paseka

With stocks low at the moment and wanting to keep the right balance on the bench, how about siro to 5/8?
A big body with plenty of skill together with a good short kicking game I'm sure he will excel in the role. In comes waddell to the start keeping croker on the bench to rotate with levi.
no room for paseka
There is an old saying In coaching:

don’t weaken one position to strengthen another

no room for paseka

He used to play there, didn't he. I remember the first season or two at Manly his second row transition was a 'work in progress'. I think, by now, he is firmly in that second rowers channel.

If we had no one...no one else I'd throw him in there, but I think there's a few 5/8 types in the wings.

Didn't T-rex have a game there? Have him run out and scare the sharks 5/8...haha

Sirro is playing his role to perfection and there are better options to organise, forget any ball playing for Sirro, at his best tucking the ball under the wing and running hard and straight....also knows his place so well defensively....would completely change the structures in both attack and defence and have the cover to keep him in his best position - 2nd row.

He used to play there, didn't he. I remember the first season or two at Manly his second row transition was a 'work in progress'. I think, by now, he is firmly in that second rowers channel.

No, he has played there as cover in his tigers games and may have in juniors but has always been a backrower in first grade

EDIT

Actually I looked into it and I am a little off base. Of his first 18 first grade games (2012-13) with the Tigers, 16 of them were named in the 6 or 7 (funnily enough) jersey.

Of his remaining 94 first grade games, 3 more have been at 5/8. 2 for the tigers in 2014 and 1 for us last season

Last edited:
**** biscuits. I just mentioned this in another post and scrolled down and DOH

Its own thread. Anyway

Sorry @kombi 66 , you are indeed an ideas individual

No.
I have seen nothing from Siro in 3 years to indicate he is a playmaker.
He has been a strength for us this year in his correct position, don't meddle with that.

Sirro is an excellent athlete and handles different roles well. But he's not a distributing player, and that's what you need to ignite your backline. Notice when Turbo left Manly couldn't score another try. He and DCE are our only sparking players, who create. The defence of this side is excellent, and Sirro has shown such brilliance in that regard I would move him to lock. But you need a game player at 5/8 and no one in this present side fits that role. We need Schuster

Siro has been a deadset gun second rower. I would prefer to see him stay there and have Croker6 and Cust14. I personally believe 6 is the less of the 3 injury concerns (as much as I love Walks, Croker has proven he's good to go).

I’m telling you Matt Burton from the Panthers is worth a sniff. Had been playing good footy. He’s obviously rooted one of Nathans tik-tok girls. Didn’t get a second of game time on the weekend. I don’t know how long he’s contracted for, because that has become meaningless.
Only 20 yrs old.
Here‘s a bit of biography on the lad.

Hailing from Dubbo, Burton enjoyed a spectacular 2019 season after starting the year in the Panthers Jersey Flegg squad. He made his senior debut in the Canterbury Cup, later followed by a memorable NRL debut alongside Stephen Crichton and Spencer Leniu in a 26-20 upset win against Cronulla Sharks. Burton also received a late call-up for NSW in the U20s State of Origin and scored two tries in a man-of-the-match performance

Last edited:
I'm a fan... Sirro has good hands and remember him putting a couple of grubbers in that set up tries (one while at speed) in the last year or so...
If croker goes to 6 then Levi plays 90 or we end up playing someone out of position... may as well be Sirro who is in form and has experience at 6... certainly a lot more than Walkz had (I hear you @BOZO)

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8