Silvertails Go To Hell List ..

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
You must really love digging holes for yourself.

Firstly my whole argument from the previous debate to now has been all about depression not being an illness and is wrongly classified that “in my opinion”.

When I have used the word “illness” in my comments it is in reference to many people and the medical fraternity lazily defining it as such.

If you go back to the previous discussion on this topic I gave a link that agrees with my view that depression is not an illness, depression should only come under the banner of “Mental Health”.

And no I’m not a Scientologist as was mentioned in the past debate but they do have it right in this instance.

Next on my hit list is Chiropractors but that is for another day.

You must really love digging holes for yourself.

Firstly my whole argument from the previous debate to now has been all about depression not being an illness and is wrongly classified that “in my opinion”.

When I have used the word “illness” in my comments it is in reference to many people and the medical fraternity lazily defining it as such.

If you go back to the previous discussion on this topic I gave a link that agrees with my view that depression is not an illness, depression should only come under the banner of “Mental Health”.

And no I’m not a Scientologist as was mentioned in the past debate but they do have it right in this instance.

Next on my hit list is Chiropractors but that is for another day.

I think the problem here is that there are several types of depression. There is the depression people experience because of external factors such as what seem insurmountable problem issues in their life. Then there is what is sometimes called clinical depression which is a mental disorder that has no relationship with external causes. These people suffer depression usually because of chemical imbalance issues such as lack of natural endorphin production. For these people there is no external cause, it is just an imbalance in the chemical actions in their brain. A similar thing happens to heroin addicts who suddenly stop using. They often find it hard not to resume using, not only because of the craving, but also heroin use causes one's natural endorphin production to shut down. When they stop using, it takes the body a long time to reboot endorphin production and therefore they often remain in a depressed state and therefore vulnerable to relapsing into further drug abuse. Depression has many faces.

Last edited:
I have fair few contenders on my list, but had this from today -
A telstra overseas call on my work phone that tells me the phones and internet are about to blow up and I need to change to their service - NOW....
I kind of hear the Mission Impossible music and expect the phone to explode at the end of the call....

Last edited:
I have fair few contenders on my list, but had this from today -
A telstra overseas call on my work phone that tells me the phones and internet are about to blow up and I need to change to their service - NOW....
I kind of hear the Mission Impossible music and expect the phone to explode at the end of the call....

Be patient ... given the relative economies .... it will only be about 10 years until India is out sourcing their call centres to Australia ... and we will have our revenge !!

I think the problem here is that there are several types of depression. There is the depression people experience because of external factors such as what seem insurmountable problem issues in their life. Then there is what is sometimes called clinical depression which is a mental disorder that has no relationship with external causes. These people suffer depression usually because of chemical imbalance issues such as lack of natural endorphin production. For these people there is no external cause, it is just an imbalance in the chemical actions in their brain. A similar thing happens to heroin addicts who suddenly stop using. They often find it hard not to resume using, not only because of the craving, but also heroin use causes one's natural endorphin production to shut down. When they stop using, it takes the body a long time to reboot endorphin production and therefore they often remain in a depressed state and therefore vulnerable to relapsing into further drug abuse. Depression has many faces.

Chemical imbalance is an over simplification that only benefits the drug companies, i recall reading some online research papers showing people with a chemical imbalance not suffering depression.

I would say that all emotions from love to hate to pain to happiness requires an imbalance otherwise humans would perpetually be stuck in idle mode without feelings.

Last edited:
That escalated quickly ... we are all going to hell .... what have sports nuts ever done to Jesus ..

64665080_2283249735092654_5444676560206430208_n.jpg

@globaleagle ... can you explain God's use of the commas ...

Chemical imbala

Chemical imbalance is an over simplification that only benefits the drug companies, i recall reading some online research papers showing people with a chemical imbalance not suffering depression.

I would say that all emotions from love to hate to pain to happiness requires an imbalance otherwise humans would perpetually be stuck in idle mode without feelings.

Mate I worked with people with the condition. It is real and if you speak with doctors and mental health teams they will confirm it for you.

That escalated quickly ... we are all going to hell .... what have sports nuts ever done to Jesus ..

Repent woodsie its the only way ;)

Id like to add scammers to the list these parasites scam so many people its ridiculous. Iv been getting voice calls from the "ATO" for months now.. there is a warrant for your arrest.... press 1 now etc etc etc scumbags

I think you mean apostrophes.
I guess they don't believe in evolution and correct grammar! Or maybe they didn't want to be seen as sophisticated swine by using it correctly.

Last edited:
Can someone explain High Fullutent ?? Is that something that happens when you go camping and there's 6 of you in a 4 man tent ??

High Fullutent?
Posted on December 14, 2009 by LK

After a five minute search where I attempted to learn the true meaning of “High Fullutent,” I ultimately and finally found the actual meaning documented at Answers.com:

Highfalutin is one word, not two, and means “pompous or pretentious.” [Origin unknown.]

E.g. “Someone seriously needs to get those highfalutin bastards out of office.”

(REGIONAL NOTE: H.L. Mencken, in his famous book The American Language, mentions highfalutin as an example of the many native U.S. words coined during the 19th-century period of vigorous growth. Although highfalutin is characteristic of American folk speech, it is not a true regionalism because it has always occurred in all regions of the country, with its use and popularity spurred by its appearance in print. The origin of highfalutin, like that of many folk expressions, is obscure. It has been suggested that the second element, -falutin, comes from the verb flute-hence high-fluting, a comical indictment of people who think too highly of themselves.)

High Fullutent?
Posted on December 14, 2009 by LK

After a five minute search where I attempted to learn the true meaning of “High Fullutent,” I ultimately and finally found the actual meaning documented at Answers.com:

Highfalutin is one word, not two, and means “pompous or pretentious.” [Origin unknown.]

E.g. “Someone seriously needs to get those highfalutin bastards out of office.”

(REGIONAL NOTE: H.L. Mencken, in his famous book The American Language, mentions highfalutin as an example of the many native U.S. words coined during the 19th-century period of vigorous growth. Although highfalutin is characteristic of American folk speech, it is not a true regionalism because it has always occurred in all regions of the country, with its use and popularity spurred by its appearance in print. The origin of highfalutin, like that of many folk expressions, is obscure. It has been suggested that the second element, -falutin, comes from the verb flute-hence high-fluting, a comical indictment of people who think too highly of themselves.)

Actually Woodsie are you sure they didn't mean high effluent? Kind of a Tall Poopy

Last edited:
Mate I worked with people with the condition. It is real and if you speak with doctors and mental health teams they will confirm it for you.
There will be no cure because depression doesn't exist, being heavily/deeply depressed does though.

Wish all this wasted money researching depression would be directed towards Cancer, that would make the world a much happier place than drugging people up on depression.

There will be no cure because depression doesn't exist, being heavily/deeply depressed does though.

Wish all this wasted money researching depression would be directed towards Cancer, that would make the world a much happier place than drugging people up on depression.

Okay ... I will do some research on the internet and get back to you with my informed opinion ... I may be a while ... I will research vaccinations while I'm there ....

Though the issue relating to clinical or serious depression is still widely an unknown, as are most psychiatric disorders, certain substances do assist many, but not all.. For example no one really knows why Lithium tempers psychotic, manic and depressive disorders. But it does. People with serious depressive disorders often have ill functioning neurotransmitters and their linking with neurocircuits in the brain that effect mood stability. Certain medications relieve this problem but don't solve the inherent causes. And the causal effect is unknown. Some are suggested biological, others hormonal. And then of course there is the bi-polar or manic-depressive element

I'm no doctor but I have been involved with people with a serious depressive disorder which seems to have no relationship with external issues. And it is well known that people with such disorders have a far higher rate of suicide than those with normal states of happiness and occasional depression. And as mentioned heavy heroin use can also cause serious depression for those seeking to abstain. Have known too many who committed suicide in that state.

https://www.healthline.com/health/chemical-imbalance-in-the-brain#causes

Though the issue relating to clinical or serious depression is still widely an unknown, as are most psychiatric disorders, certain substances do assist many, but not all.. For example no one really knows why Lithium tempers psychotic, manic and depressive disorders. But it does. People with serious depressive disorders often have ill functioning neurotransmitters and their linking with neurocircuits in the brain that effect mood stability. Certain medications relieve this problem but don't solve the inherent causes. And the causal effect is unknown. Some are suggested biological, others hormonal. And then of course there is the bi-polar or manic-depressive element

I'm no doctor but I have been involved with people with a serious depressive disorder which seems to have no relationship with external issues. And it is well known that people with such disorders have a far higher rate of suicide than those with normal states of happiness and occasional depression. And as mentioned heavy heroin use can also cause serious depression for those seeking to abstain. Have known too many who committed suicide in that state.

https://www.healthline.com/health/chemical-imbalance-in-the-brain#causes
Funny how the more we know about depression, the more educated the general public is about it and the so called signs the rates of depression keep going up.(wasted time and money in the wrong areas)

Just the natural variations of human behaviour and character, bipolar don't believe in that either.

What next, sex addiction, gambling addiction, suffer from shyness and an introvert, being an extrovert will all be seen as opportunities for drug companies to profiteer from.

Keyboard Technical Coach types need to pop a few pills also it seems in the future, finally i can see the day where i no longer see grid lines and chess pieces ruining my game day experience, stop viewing off the ball play and movement and stick with the action, i think you might be onto something here.

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6