Sideline Eye / Ryan / Corso Pete

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hi guys - Well I think we saw today how things can get way out of control. LoL.
I wanted to just clarify a few things that have happenned since the heated begginnings of yesterday morning.
Sideline has apologised to me, and I have accepted that apology. In hindsight, I should not have also submitted his Private Message on an open forum, but as we have both discussed, it was a heat of the moment type of thing (from both of us) - and was predmoninantly in response to myself being threatenned. We have now settled everything like adults.
I must apologise to a few of you - there will be no fisticuffs @ Brookvale oval next year, so those of you who put money on the stoush, will need to contact your bookie for a refund.

That then brings me to some thread deletions on this site by myself.

Whilst it is admiral that Corso stuck up for his long time friend Sideline, I was dissapointed to see that specific comments were made about a persons professional career path, and perception was that the threads involved were both slanderous to the person in name, and their employer - espescially when the person involved was secondary to the intial problem.

Whilst idle threats and name calling can be moderated and overcome easily by us all as adults (like Sideline & I), slander toward anyone can result in legal action. I'm not saying this about me specifically before anyone jumps to any conclusions...but is a general warning to all. Whilst you might think your coming across one way, PERCEPTION is that you are coming across another. Care needs to be taken in this area.

It has been bought to my attention by Corso Pete, that my team posts are frustrating to some, and my comments are annoying. I ride the highs and the lows of The Sea Eagles path, and wear my heart on my sleeve. That's the way I am as a person. As I don't want to offend these people, I will steer clear for a while to let them calm down.

I have had a discussion with the owner of this site, and whilst I have been give right of way to ban if I seriously feel warranted, I thouroughly don't work like that, and think this is a much better way to ask somebody if they would mind not continuing their line of subject in the future, and that we appreciate their feedback.

I will answer any feedback today, but will predominantly steer clear.

I hope it wasn't my cause that anyone be banned from the official site. A little more flexible moderation may have deflamed the situation to where it is now. But I guess it's fire away with the bannings now, don't ask questions ever with some sites.

in the midst of that debabcle yesterday ,the piece that impressed me the most was some guy named lotti (serial poster on mse),was doubting your patronage to the club & team ,all this by a guy who openly admits to being a faithful storm supporter aswell as manly.
i dont post here very often ,but religously read the posts here twice daily for the last year or so.i love the fact that the majority of posters here say what they feel & what they believe.i read mse & cant believe the one eyed biased opinions from adults who supposebly follow our beloved maroon & whites.the way this guy -lotti (serial idiot)goes on about manly & league player of the century monaghan is a joke.if they are fans ,u would think they would know about the game of league,let alone just watch the game .i dont want to bag monaghan too much,but they honestly believe he is a top class player- so keep up the good work boys ,ive retired from the other site now- the forum here is always more open minded & a better read by far. im not saying theres no bs here ,but definately not as much as some ....keep it coming..

Glad it has been all cleared up, good to hear
nature of the beast are these forums, you can never agree with everyone and somebody will allways object to a post,

& Robbiea Lotti is a female as well, (1st class fruitloop)

That then brings me to some thread deletions on this site by myself.

Whilst it is admiral that Corso stuck up for his long time friend Sideline, I was dissapointed to see that specific comments were made about a persons professional career path, and perception was that the threads involved were both slanderous to the person in name, and their employer - espescially when the person involved was secondary to the intial problem.

Whilst idle threats and name calling can be moderated and overcome easily by us all as adults (like Sideline & I), slander toward anyone can result in legal action. I'm not saying this about me specifically before anyone jumps to any conclusions...but is a general warning to all. Whilst you might think your coming across one way, PERCEPTION is that you are coming across another. Care needs to be taken in this area.

It has been bought to my attention by Corso Pete, that my team posts are frustrating to some, and my comments are annoying. I ride the highs and the lows of The Sea Eagles path, and wear my heart on my sleeve. That's the way I am as a person. As I don't want to offend these people, I will steer clear for a while to let them calm down.

Slander?, tell me you are not serious Ryan, I have been professionally involved in libel & slander issues with the commercial radio industry. There was not a part of my post that even got near slanderous, I would suggest that you read the law in relation to libel before you make such outrageous comments.

By your definition I may have made a slanderous comment and to other readers of this topic who where unable to read the deleted thread may assume that I have committed an offence against the law. Should I now feel that you have slandered me.? I took every care in my wording of the post, I do not treat such things lightly.

I would expect you to make a retraction that my post was NOT slanderous against you and that you, as a moderator deleted it for other commercial reasons.

As for as your YART's, do not stop them on my behalf. I am sure there are many people interested in the possible forward pack for the trial against the Comets next year or the possible team once Jamie Lyon's & Terry Hill Hill's children are old enough to play for Manly, it just doesn't interest me, I am happy for others to while away their time reading that nonsense.

It seems that you don't like the truth in getting in the way of a good story, or at least you only tell the parts of it that you would like. My original reply said, "I agree with some of Sideline's comments and I disagree with others". Could you please point out to me exactly where I came to his support, I was fair & even minded in my comments, both to yourself and Sideline.

If I ever hear the word nepotism used on this site again in relation to other Manly sites, I will vomit. By all means support each other, thats what friends are for, but remember that your actions within this topic (and the ones you deleted) absolutley reek of nepostism.

Corso,

I will explain it like this

(it is defamation and not slander anyway)

But if a potentially damaging comment is made about a persons, character, career and personage that can be reasonably linked to a real person then that person has been defamed.

Your post could have potentially steered customers away from ryan and his company, that makes it borderline defamation, specifically as you named his employer in relation to it.

Ryan isn't saying you did defame him, but he had the right to delete your post because it was very very close to the line!

Why take up the fight further?

good man!

now why hasnt everyone else

ha ha just kidding

Lets test the courage of one's convictions shall we. A true test in support of Corso's argument if he is willing to back his own words:-

Corso Pete, care to divulge the name of the accountancy practice you work for, or any other employer?

Or don't you think it amicable to place your place of work on the internet?

This will be interesting. The silence will be golden. Or what will be his argument as to why he WON'T actually put himself in a position he puts others in?

haha, I thought that Ryan may have said so on MSE when discussing the membership Direct debit idea.

I could be wrong though.

It is amazing how Pete always bobs up when there is some controversey!! Welcome back anyway Pete - hope Jan fills the Xmas stockign with a 2006 jersey

How did Corso know were you worked Ryan?

Very easy, Ryan has stated this himself when discussing his employers sponsorship arrangements with Manly. He chose to make this public, not me. He chose to reveal a private message not me.

As for me identifying my employer, you naivety continues to astound. You may wish to reveal your employer, but I like any half intelligent person would not do so. Why is the same challenge not issued to Matebele, Daniel, Byso, Wheel etc etc. But then again they are all moderatoers and subject to different rules to us mere interlopers. You see Ryan, as I mentioned before this site is rife with nepotism and you are just reinforcing this view.

ps: I am not an accountant, if you are going to make assumptions about my profession at least try to get them right. I would be happy to tell you, as I have others in this forum in private message but I am afraid your conduct with private message is reprehensible and I will not share any information of this type with you (or any others now here, due to moderatoers also monitoring the so called private message facility)

Pete....

We dont monitor it we have the ability to and have to incase things are doen or said through there. We often recieve complaints about others conduct in PM.

If you think we are the only site to do it, then you are about to learn a massive lesson.

90% of the sites that have PM can monitor them. LU does it, i know this for a fact. I am sure others like Rleague do too.
Why would we leave any part of our site that involves communication unchecked.

I think you are misunderstanding the name "private message" it doesnt mean it is viewable by admins, it means it is a message that you dont want every other poster seeing. If you think we should not have the ability to check them, well that is just crazy. Would you leave any part of your business unchecked?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4