Should DCE retire from Origin after Game 3?

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Reserve Grader
As a huge DCE fan (and a Queenslander), I have enjoyed seeing him succeed at Origin. He is a champion.

But after 22 games (by Origin game 3), it's time to for DCE to put his entire focus on Manly.

It's now a decade since our last GF. We can no longer afford to limp by each season without our best players all year.

DCE needs to win another comp to stamp himself as one of the game's great halfbacks (his first came as a rookie in a star-studded team).

Either way, I'll always support DCE. But it's time for Manly to come first.

I dont think there is any 'should' to it.

That said I am very interested to see if he will do it, timing is probably right with the baton to pass to Dearden.

I'd like to see it happen personally but it's DCEs call

I am not DCE's biggest fan but outside of the Origin affected weekends he has hardly ever missed a game for us, and will almost certainly back up this weekend. He has also done well to now be leading a successful QLD side after essentially being blacklisted all those years ago and deserves to be in that position, if we can't cover him for 2 games a season then that's on us

If you want to talk about someone who shouldn't be playing Origin, that should be Turbo but unfortunately to our detriment that isn't going to happen

I agree @Jakey789 it feels like DCEs only been the incumbent QLD halfback & captain for 5 minutes because of being blacklisted & not being part of the Melbourne 3 & Thurston old boys club.

I think he’s got a few more years of SOO in him & should play on as long as his body allows him to.

It is his only chance at the moment to play at an elite level considering the rabble we are - why would he stop?

Also correct me if I am wrong but apart from the games when he can not be selected when has he ever missed a game?

Honestly mate, who cares anymore. We are so far off not being absolute pretenders, may as well let the players do whatever the heck they want. It's obvious no-one cares, if they want Union, Dragons, whatever - let them.

As a huge DCE fan (and a Queenslander), I have enjoyed seeing him succeed at Origin. He is a champion.

But after 22 games (by Origin game 3), it's time to for DCE to put his entire focus on Manly.

It's now a decade since our last GF. We can no longer afford to limp by each season without our best players all year.

DCE needs to win another comp to stamp himself as one of the game's great halfbacks (his first came as a rookie in a star-studded team).

Either way, I'll always support DCE. But it's time for Manly to come first.
Should he? Probably. Go out on a high note. Will he? No he won't, he will bleed it out for as long as possible. Why? Money.

Just watch the agonised Lockyer interview with him after the game. He ain’t stopping.

DCE is in a lucky position. His partner in the halves is in his prime and QLD have a lot of up and coming players who are producing the goods now. Provided his form is ok and he is fit, he could go around again next season with QLD being a strong chance of winning again

It’s a tough call for him. Always wonderful to go out on a high. He will provably chance his hand at one more series I reckon. It doesn’t look like NSW is going to win next year.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8