Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
10 Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 20:05
59th minute

Match Stats

Request @Dan :

Can we pull the Post Game Threads please and.just let the game day thread peta out.

It disrupts conversations, it confuses conversations, the timings not great (within an hour of the game).

Just for flow and continuity, are we able to abolish these post game threads, and just leave the GDT's unlocked ?
what he said x 1000%

How am i supposed to keep up my Captain DHEAD of the highest order position if i cant use my magic hindsight to create massive MQOF (multi quotes of death) if the thread gets locked right away....

Please Dan please!!!!!!

Hey @globaleagle cant you slip in this change when Dan's not looking?

I’ve had a few IPAs and a couple of very strong stouts. I’m trying my best!
In that case it’s all good @Waz13.

I’m partial to a Coopers Sparkling Ale or a chilled Kronenberg myself.

what he said x 1000%

How am i supposed to keep up my Captain DHEAD of the highest order position if i cant use my magic hindsight to create massive MQOF (multi quotes of death) if the thread gets locked right away....

Please Dan please!!!!!!

Hey @globaleagle cant you slip in this change when Dan's not looking?
So many times I'm in the middle of a large reply, then BAM it's locked, and my comments amount to nothing, so I just pull the pin and say stuff it..

But hear hear to everything you've said mate !

SET RESTARTS

1st Half:
The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Sharks: 4 - Tackle Number: 3 (30:53 - Ruck Infringement [Olakau'atu]), 1 (29:05 - Ruck Infringement [Sipley]), 1 (17:20 - Ruck Infringement [Cherry-Evans]), 0 (1:28 - Ruck Infringement [Jake Trbojevic]),
Manly: 2 - Tackle Number: 3 (37:45 - Ruck Infringement [Brailey]), 2 (27:27 - Ruck Infringement [Talakai]).

2nd Half:
The Time Figures in Brackets = Approximate Time Left on Clock for the half when the Set Restart occurred.

Sharks: 5 - Tackle Number: 1 (29:44 - Inside 10m [Jake Trbojevic]), 4 (18:14 - Ruck Infringement [Harper]), 1 (15:49 - Ruck Infringement [Tom Trbojevic]), 1 (10:39 - Ruck Infringement [Sipley]), 4 (8:36 - Inside 10m [Schuster]).
Manly: 1 - Tackle Number: 3 (25:56 - Inside 10m [Brailey]).

GAME TOTAL:
Sharks: 9
Manly: 3

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think it was completely reactionary trying to stop a try which should see a grade 1. Will find out tomorrow I guess.
I hope so champ but i don't have a good feeling about it. The way the storm.play through the middle we need to be at full strength just to match them.

I hope so champ but i don't have a good feeling about it. The way the storm.play through the middle we need to be at full strength just to match them.
Part of it is that I have to take an opposite position to anything Hooper says. I do think he will cop a fine, if not then I think we will fight it.

Yeah, not the best, but 2 solid points. No way we are a threat this year, but have said in many posts,
22/22/23 are our years.

A Little disappointed in Parkers efforts tonight Missed tackles drop balls ,maybe time for Walker or Suli..Thoghts..?
Parker had a bad game, hopefully a one off.

Both Suli and Walker are better footballer s in my opinion, I would have Suli over Parker, Parker’s front on defence is good, a player with pace can beat him on his easily like Kennedy did tonight.

From Post #1

FULL TIME SCORE

Sharks: 22
Manly: 40

201347525_10159260447905993_4112755339537632653_n.jpg

Pic: Manly Warringah Sea Eagles Facebook Page

Team Victory Song:

Pressers:
Manly Sea Eagles press conference | Fox Sports Videos
Cronulla Sharks press conference | Fox Sports Videos

Post Match Interviews: TBA

Match Report:

Match Highlights:

Extended Match Highlights: TBA

Full Match Replay Link: TBA

Manly Tries:

Game Pics & Video Clips: TBA

Press Print & Video Articles:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

A Little disappointed in Parkers efforts tonight Missed tackles drop balls ,maybe time for Walker or Suli..Thoghts..?
No we saw what Walker offers on that edge. Parker had a bad one tonight that’s for sure but he needs to be the man there. Keep Walker at 14 I think. Lawton, alioai and Siro the bench if paseka unavailable.

• So proud of Walker for not reacting
Why is Walker always at the centre of controversy, both on and off the field?
As soon as he came on the Cronulla Sharks made a beeline to him because he is a weakness, and it worked. Our play went to mush in the last 20 minutes because they forgot about playing football and started having the defend this dipstick.
He is the one player in our squad who will lose us important matches.

Parker had a bad game, hopefully a one off.

Both Suli and Walker are better footballer s in my opinion, I would have Suli over Parker, Parker’s front on defence is good, a player with pace can beat him on his easily like Kennedy did tonight.
Kennedy is a very good fb. He beats most centres in those plays and cut through Walker in the second half as well. Imo a real up and coming FB Kennedy. He’s got all the skills that kid.

Parker had a bad game tonight. My thoughts are that unfortunately neither Walker or Suli will improve things defensively as our left centre. They are both liabilities in defence. In attack Walker potentially gives us a lot more then Suli does, but does this mitigate the points we will leak in every game by replacing Walker for Parker? I don't think so.

Kennedy is a very good fb. He beats most centres in those plays and cut through Walker in the second half as well. Imo a real up and coming FB Kennedy. He’s got all the skills that kid.
Agree, has some great skills Kennedy.

I would play Suli over Parker, Foz likes a big body and Suli gives that, not sure if Suli can run those lines like Parker does though, best thing is the club have some quality depth.

Request @Dan :

Can we pull the Post Game Threads please and.just let the game day thread peta out.

It disrupts conversations, it confuses conversations, the timings not great (within an hour of the game).

Just for flow and continuity, are we able to abolish these post game threads, and just leave the GDT's unlocked ?
Separating GDT and PGT is nice for those reading the next day. For those of us watching and posting live, merging the post game chat from the GDT to the PGT the day after the game would flow better.

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8