Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
10 Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 20:05
59th minute

Match Stats

We play such enthralling, fast, coast-to-coast footy. We are probably the most exciting side to watch in attack. We have threats on either side of the park, big boppers that have an offload in them in the middle. We have so much strike and creativity to work with in attack. I'm confident in saying our attack can trouble Melbourne. But with anything less than 85% completion rate and with FIFTEEN ERRORS, we are going to get absolutely chewed apart by Storms. Cannot afford to give them easy ball like that and not ice our attacking raids. We know how to move the ball like no other team and roll through, but we just aren't clinical enough and are way too error riddled.

No chance in frozen hell either walker or suli get anywhere near starting centre. If your concern is missed takles then its not even a discussion for those 2 over parker.

Say there's no Davey, Boyle, Fainu available, here's my full strength team:

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Sean Keppie

There's not many teams that beat this group.

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Sean Keppie

Sorry

DW would be a turnstile back at starting centre. The game has moved on from when he was a great no.4

Stay with Parker. He's built a great combo with Foran and Tom,is a great defender most of the time and just what we need.

Walker with a full season back at 4 perhaps but not in his current shape or form.

Defense was nowhere near good enough.

Harper's **** stirring is awesome

Parker had a **** game but Walkers defense was even worse

Becoming apparent to the commentators how much Schuster overplays his hand, sometimes you need to just do the simple things flawlessly

DCE was good

Saab needs to work on his catching, bombed two tries

I don't think anyone needs input about how good Tom was

what he said x 1000%

How am i supposed to keep up my Captain DHEAD of the highest order position if i cant use my magic hindsight to create massive MQOF (multi quotes of death) if the thread gets locked right away....

Please Dan please!!!!!!

Hey @globaleagle cant you slip in this change when Dan's not looking?

Maybe, but I've just got some other first world problems to deal with.

Also, I like the post game thread, it means I don't have to trawl through a random number of pages to find out where the dribble ends and the post game analysis starts.

I don't want to scroll through 8 pages of TUUUURBOOOOOOOOOOO! (which if I was watching... I'd be typing too).

If I need to explain to users how to cut and paste what they've typed then I guess I can type... "ctrl+c = cut, Ctrl+v = paste"

finally - "true supporters" use the post game thread.

Tom is amazing.

what a crap last 10 mins.

Kind of a scratchy first... quarter I guess.

why would chambers be mouthing off when the sharks were losing, he's been dumped by the storm, and he made 1 good tackle? Some people wanna look good and lose rather than look scrappy and win.

Maybe, but I've just got some other first world problems to deal with.

Also, I like the post game thread, it means I don't have to trawl through a random number of pages to find out where the dribble ends and the post game analysis starts.

I don't want to scroll through 8 pages of TUUUURBOOOOOOOOOOO! (which if I was watching... I'd be typing too).

If I need to explain to users how to cut and paste what they've typed then I guess I can type... "ctrl+c = cut, Ctrl+v = paste"

Ah man. Stop being all sensible will ya.

Defense was nowhere near good enough.

Harper's **** stirring is awesome

Parker had a **** game but Walkers defense was even worse

Becoming apparent to the commentators how much Schuster overplays his hand, sometimes you need to just do the simple things flawlessly

DCE was good

Saab needs to work on his catching, bombed two tries

I don't think anyone needs input about how good Tom was
Hopefully last night will focus schuster for the storm, there is no shame in running hard and tackling hard. Save the miracle passes and offloads for when there are runners and numbers.

I wouldn't be too distressed by this one. Manly just played to win, nothing more. Short 20 minute spurt did the job. They were in second gear, just making sure they didn't over extend themselves and risk injury. They had their eye on the next two weeks. This was just a training run. They got the points. That's all the wanted.
We could have put 50 on them in the first half but they scrambled well in defense . Bring on Saturday .

01. Tom Trbojevic
02. Jason Saab
03. Morgan Harper
04. Dylan Walker
05. Reuben Garrick
06. Kieran Foran
07. Daly Cherry-Evans
08. Marty Taupau
09. Lachlan Croker
10. Taniela Paseka
11. Haumole Olakau'atu
12. Josh Schuster
13. Jake Trbojevic

14. Karl Lawton
15. Josh Aloiai
16. Toafofoa Sipley
17. Sean Keppie

So after one poor game you want to drop Parker, move Walker to left centre, and run with 4 forwards on the bench?

Hopefully last night will focus schuster for the storm, there is no shame in running hard and tackling hard. Save the miracle passes and offloads for when there are runners and numbers.
Agree. The last two games we seem to just want to put a score on and honestly in that first half I though we could have scored another 4. Enough of these weak games where we score 40 plus, we need to start working for sone wins. At least the next 3 will offer us a challenge. If we win those then we will really be well placed heading into the finals.

So after one poor game you want to drop Parker, move Walker to left centre, and run with 4 forwards on the bench?
I don’t know why you need to write out the whole team sheet just to point out youd rather have Walker at centre. Most everyone is picking the same team here aside from Parker/Walker or maybe Suli.

I don’t know why you need to write out the whole team sheet just to point out youd rather have Walker at centre. Most everyone is picking the same team here aside from Parker/Walker or maybe Suli.
I cannot stand Walker at centre, yes, maybe more speed then parker but not necessarily better at breaking the line and defence just goes to complete ****, the whole defensive structure which is very good on that side is disjointed. Gaps every where.

Suli is probably an option if he could get his defense in order and be more consistent, but for now happy with parker, I'd rather fix the defense first. Plenty of strike everywhere, dont need more points, still need to work on D to match Melbourne.

Can we change it to After Game thread, the word post is too confusing.
That is a YART, we need more not less of these. Big part of Silvertails tradition :)

Im not sure we’d beat the Drizzle playing like we did last night.

A) their defence will be much stronger.
B) they’ll just wear us down with great basic football that’s mistake free.
C) we’ll get panicked and start throwing it around trying to score at every opportunity.

Now, I’m not saying we can’t beat them but I am saying we won’t beat then playing like we did last night.

Olam will murder us out wide if Parker plays like he did last night or Walker is selected in the centers. I was pleased with the win but our defence in the last 10 minutes was woeful and lazy. Marty with his back turned still getting back to the line when the dummy half ran past him and far too many missed tackles. Their fullback had a field day against our slow backs and hes not as fast as Pepen..... They constantly caught us short out wide late in the game reminiscent of the first 4 rounds. Garrick is a good winger but he is no fullback as he is a turnstile in defence front on. So a lot of work to be done before Saturday. We can't afford to hemorrhage too many points because for and against is going to be vital at seasons end. A win would be magical but it wont happen with a performance like last night. The coaching staff are going to be real busy the next few days. Common Manly!

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8
9 4 5 -19 8