Post-Game Discussion Sharks v Manly [Round 20, 2021]

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Game Information

Sharks
Vs
Sea Eagles
10 Suncorp Stadium
02 Aug 2021 20:05
59th minute

Match Stats

A few things with this game:

• Ref was a disgrace again
  • So proud of Walker for not reacting
  • Chambers is a dickhead
  • We have a BLOODY good team
  • We clocked off. Don't sweat the late game defense fool you.
  • Sipley is a machine..
  • Paseka should get a fine (not weeks for that). Be interesting to see how a headbutt compares in weeks.
  • I think we can beat anyone. ANYONE
  • Schuster could be anything. Don't go into your shell mate !

We can beat the storm but we need to stop this desperation style play in defence. I watched the storm against Penrith closely and they tackle to the end of the opposition sets without trying to dazzle with brilliance or even get the ball back on the last. They play a basic game and still end up with the ball at the end of the sets. We do not do that. We play every set like their is 2 seconds left in the game and come up with errors. I am glad we won but we need to be better in other parts of the game. Yea we can score tries but Melbourne are not the bulldogs.

Another mixed bag of a performance.

In half 1, with a bit of luck we could have been 30 up. We carved them up for fun and we tended to rush too many plays and it cost us.

They get back into the game through 1 good try and bad defence by Parker and a fluke to get them to a flattering 10-16.

Tommy then took the game by the scruff of the neck scoring a breathtaking hat trick of tries all different and making another one for Rueben.

Tonight Manly had 2 great patches of 15 minutes that brought all the tries. The rest of the game was scrappy from our side.

I did not like how we clocked off at the end of each half, if we do that next week we will be hammered!

The big difference between us and the Drizzle is their intensity is sustained and we need to improve that.

Dumb by Paseka at the end, likely to cost him a suspension. We need to improve our discipline as six again Sutton took every opportunity to punish us. Man that ref annoys me!

The confidence with the ball is sky high. We are so strong with the ball and sometimes get ahead of ourselves. What we need to do is be a bit more patient at times and build pressure against the good teams.

Drizzle next week is a huge test of where we are. Its exciting times. We will be underdogs next week so this is a chance to have a crack at them.

I am looking at the long game here. What we are building is frightening and in the next few seasons we have such an opportunity to be successful!

I think it was completely reactionary trying to stop a try which should see a grade 1. Will find out tomorrow I guess.
Seriously through the most maroonist of maroon and white glasses! Trip every day of the week he’s gone. Cop it and move on. Big taneala will learn frm that

Parker was poor tonight but what was even more highlighted was how poor that defensive edge comes with Walker in the centers. Another sloppy game, reminiscent of the Tigers game. I hope Des just let them play razzle dazzle due to the quality of the opposition. If we do that next week it'll be storm by 60. Need to simplify the attack a bit, too many turnovers.

Regardless to how we went tonight...anytime Turbo is in the team we are a chance.
Some concern with Foran and Parker there in defence, both got burnt by Kennedy.

Front on their defence is good is when a player with speed gets outside them.

Seriously through the most maroonist of maroon and white glasses! Trip every day of the week he’s gone. Cop it and move on. Big taneala will learn frm that
Who said it wasn’t a trip? It was a trip, just not a grade two. Keep up.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 56 16
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10
9 4 5 -16 8