Sharks under Salary Cap investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Of course Cronulla are all good. Can't ruin Todd's comp when the finals are on the menu. All the 'allowed to cheat the cap' teams are ready to play.
Just imagine though if it were Manly caught cheating on the eve of the finals. The boiled-egghead would sink the boot in.
Corrupt and scandalous competition. I really do think the cheating is at the highest level. It's not the clubs. It's the NRL itself.

This kind of stuff is probably happening throughout the comp as it's a product not a game. A little cut and paste from https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_NBA_betting_scandal

On June 11, 2008, Donaghy alleged in a statement through his lawyers that several series in the NBA Playoffs had been improperly refereed according to the NBA's instructions. He alluded specifically to a playoff game where "personal fouls [resulting in obviously injured players] were ignored even when they occurred in full view of the referees" because "it was in the NBA's interest to add another game to the series."[14] The game referred to was widely believed to be Game 6 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals between the Los Angeles Lakers and the Sacramento Kings, in which the Lakers shot 27 free throws in the fourth quarter.[15]

#sackgreenberg

I really don't know how Greenturd can say its not as bad as Manly... They are still investigating the entire thing with no outcome as yet... But they cant be investigating the Sharks, cause the Integrity Unit is working flat out on manly.. Yet an independant tribunal is working on the Manly appeal.

What an absolute load of rubbish from this idiot
I absolutely hate this bastard with a passion, how can he come out and make such a broad statement while our appeal is still underway, this grub needs to be rubbed out, I'm sick to death of his anti Manly bias, why haven't the Penns called him out over this? it's damaging to our brand and our ability to attract anyone of worth.

So all teams are salary compliant this year. But according to the NRL the Sharks were compliant in 2015, 2016, 2017 and 2018, that is until the Sharks self reported. now they are only compliant for 2016 and 2018. Hypothetically then, if they used the extra small and insignificant TPA to retain a player at the club and that player was in the premiership team the following year then they cheated to keep him, therefore is that not cheating in their premiership win? Again hypothetically maybe that player would have been the missing piece for an opposition team.

Put all that aside, teams being discovered as having cheated the cap outside of the normal review process eg self reporting or whistle blowers, would to me be a leading indicator of a fundamentally flawed business process. Most well run businesses would review their processes and given the high incidence of process failure may also bring in an independent auditor to review the operations.

Integrity is a fundamental value that builds trust and when you lose the trust of your stakeholders you need to take action to repair or have it done for you.

Given there is so much betting in sport and already the league has had dramas in that respect, is it not in the scope of some government agency to launch an investigation one which a clean organisation would welcome and support. That way when it is done and dusted and you have been proven clean you can start to rebuild the credibility of your sport.

he is giving them credits for 'self reporting' ... I reckon they are only self reporting because they know that they were about to be discovered ... I hate how Scumberg adds us in with the Storm & parra .... they were over the cap ... we were not

The problem is the simple minded journalists are just swallowing it all. Ask the hard questions you ****ing useless idiots.
While there are mental invalids like that old piss- head Rothfield “writing “ stories there will be no exposure of the corrupt regime that bowling ball head presides over .As many have said before that grub will run this game into the ground and we will be left with Brisbane playing Melbourne then a bye and then Melbourne v Roosters and then repeat.
Surely the NRL commission can see that Greenburg and this TPA /salary cap bs is not sustainable

Interesting that the model Sharks are now according to a Telecrap headline (story is behind paywall and yeah - **** that) "on the brink" financially before a fine has even been served up...

Considering Gorman's alleged involvement in the Shark's cap problems of those years, is it possible that this will see the NRL taking a another look at Manly for things during his time here?

We could unwittingly end up as collateral damage in something that isn't even our problem.

Just a little confused here....it has been said amongs't NRL officials, that even if Sharks proven GUILTY of cheating the cap the season they Won the comp - they won't lose it ??
This seems bizarre and as an avid Storm hater, will say I would be absolutely filthy as a Storm supporter, let alone 1 of their players at this ridiculous double standard, that quite frankly - makes Zero sense....

Considering Gorman's alleged involvement in the Shark's cap problems of those years, is it possible that this will see the NRL taking a another look at Manly for things during his time here?

We could unwittingly end up as collateral damage in something that isn't even our problem.

Very possible and we haven't even sorted out our original problems yet (still in appeal). Greenberg did say that all clubs are cap compliant and even said that when he handed down our punishment. They would have gone through our stuff a few times to make sure, well you assume they would considering it was a very comprehensive investigation that left out interviewing Bozo, Toovey etc

Greenberg did say that all clubs are cap compliant and even said that when he handed down our punishment.

The NRL had also only a month before the witch hunt started just finished an audit on Manly's salary cap and gave us a clean bill of health. So I would honestly take the NRL saying that all clubs are currently cap compliant with a pinch of salt because its becoming increasingly obvious that they are incompetent when it comes to policing the cap.

Just a little confused here....it has been said amongs't NRL officials, that even if Sharks proven GUILTY of cheating the cap the season they Won the comp - they won't lose it ??
This seems bizarre and as an avid Storm hater, will say I would be absolutely filthy as a Storm supporter, let alone 1 of their players at this ridiculous double standard, that quite frankly - makes Zero sense....

The Scumos and Parra systematically cheated by deliberately duplicating books, inflating invoices - that's the difference.
The Scumos had unregistered contracts that were 25% over the Cap.
The Eels had the same monetary amount and over 5 years as standard operating procedure.

Sharks (so far) had a one off undeclared 50k payment to a player.
Their 2017 breach sounds like the Manly TPA issue and is yet to be audited.

I'm sure Twenty will have receipts for his furniture purchases.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7