Sharks under Salary Cap investigation

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Foxsports.com.au

NRL boss Todd Greenberg confirms Cronulla Sharks’ 2018 finals position amid salary cap scandal
f27c135bcbffd92452c27a659dd947b3

NRL boss Todd Greenberg fronts media about the Cronulla salary cap scandal.

NRL CEO Todd Greenberg has confirmed the 2018 finals series will not be impacted by the investigation into Cronulla’s salary cap dealings.

Greenberg fronted media on Wednesday and revealed the period of investigation goes back “a number of years”.

But he said the Sharks are “significantly under” the salary cap for the 2018 season, meaning they are free to compete in the upcoming finals series.

He said they are as much as half a million dollars under the cap for this year.

Greenberg said the NRL can’t put a timeframe on the investigation and he is unsure how long it will take to complete.

He also confirmed all other 15 clubs are cap compliant for the current season

Greenberg did reveal the extent of the salary cap breaches are less severe than those of other clubs previously uncovered, such as Melbourne and
Half a million under the cap

@:D

and how would he know?
Come on @globaleagle... it’s common knowledge that when a team wins a premiership, they are able to continue building a squad and adding players Willy nilly. I mean when Jesse Ramien signed with the Knights, Flanno was just pulling our legs when he said they had no money left. In fact, he’s said as much a few times this season, but he was kidding... he didn’t want everyone to know he still has more than half a mill left to play with THIS year.

Come on @globaleagle... it’s common knowledge that when a team wins a premiership, they are able to continue building a squad and adding players Willy nilly. I mean when Jesse Ramien signed with the Knights, Flanno was just pulling our legs when he said they had no money left. In fact, he’s said as much a few times this season, but he was kidding... he didn’t want everyone to know he still has more than half a mill left to play with THIS year.

Ahhh, I stand corrected

And I must say, slightly saddened.

Ahhh, I stand corrected

And I must say, slightly saddened.
Good to hear man... there’s no room for free thinking, an understanding of basic mathematics or sound reasoning in the dictatorship that is the NRL. Todd is a man of great integrity.,. Just ask him and he’ll tell you as much. Paying a club employee overs so he can pass on illegal CASH payments to players is much less a crime than suggesting to a player that they contact an independent party who might be able to help them. We were ALWAYS cap compliant and there has been no proof of any illegal payments to players... as a consequence, Todd has made sure he cripples us for at least two seasons because the level of our corruption wasn’t of NRL standard.

Greenberg protecting Cronulla big time. Claims that Cronulla are more than half a million under the cap at this very moment. Wow... Aaron Woods and Moylan and Dugan must have come cheap. Also alluding to Gorman being responsible.. and reiterated several times that their breach is much less serious than ours was. Also said very proudly that Manly have had BIG problems this season because of our salary cap reduction, and that we will also have big troubles next season. This is an absolute disgrace.
How the fark would he know if they are under the cap or over it?? This competion is a joke .

This morning they didn't have enough resources to deal with cronulla, but once the **** storm became apparent, toddy comes out in the afternoon decrees all is sweet. Those integrity blokes must have worked through lunch to clear the sharkies so quickly.
He's got a crack team in there working on it

giphy.gif

I must admit that when the story broke initially I was ready to have a 'ha ha' moment at the sharks and finally enjoy some of the irons off Manly', but with everyone continually referring to Manly's guilt, ignoring the fact we are appealing, and also to hear TG drool as he points out that the sharks haven't done the wrong thing 'to the level' of Manly, has just made me angry.

As kevingward777 said elsewhere, Sharks: dodgey payments to an official so they can illegally pay sharks players undeclared money is much worse than Manly's totally above board, nrl sanctioned, not one cent extra in payments - according to TG, the man with intoddgrity.

I hope Manly have a great year next year as it's the good times that allow us to flip off the nrl world and their b/s witch hunts, inbred moronic fans (from other teams, mind), and morally bereft 'journos'.

Last edited:
I must admit that when the story broke initially I was ready to have a 'ha ha' moment at the sharks and finally enjoy some of the irons off Manly', but with everyone continually referring to Manly's guilt, ignoring the fact we are appealing, and also to hear TG drool as he points out that the sharks haven't done the wrong thing 'to the level' of Manly, has just made me angry.

As kevingward777 said elsewhere, Sharks: dodgey payments to an official so they can illegally pay sharks players undeclared money is much worse than Manly's totally above board, nrl sanctioned, not one cent extra in payments - according to TG, the man with intoddgrity.

I hope Manly have a great year next year as it's the good times that allow us to flip off the nrl world and their b/s witch hunts, inbred moronic fans (from other teams, mind), and morally bereft 'journos'.

Nevertheless the hypocrisy of the situation is very deflating, and it eventually gets to you!!

Last edited:
They got off relatively unharmed from the Drugs saga, won a comp on the back of that and now this. What a f#ckwit this Greenturd is.

As a conspiracy theory, maybe the new PM is in on this also.

@:D@:D@:D

Half a million UNDER the cap this season??!!

This bloke just isn't even trying to hide his bias and contempt.

Half a million under are they, you bald bag of dogs*it? Do tell us all why they felt the need to rort the TPA's when they are under the cap by a cool $500k!

If he is still in charge of the NRL by round 1 next season I will be utterly stunned.

I have scraped sh*t out from under my toenails with more value to society than Greenberg.

When the **** is that ****-face going to come out and say what exactly Manly did that was so terrible. On what basis is it so much worse than what the Sharks have been pinged for? Why aren't those useless so called journalists asking him these basic ****ing questions? He just smarms his way through every single ****-up, with that smiling imbecile Beattie clapping in the background. . .

Remember Beattie is the ultimate politician.

Last week showed us all they are all about self preservation. (Like we needed reminding)

Beattie will be making moves behind the scenes as we speak. Guarantee it.

When the **** is that ****-face going to come out and say what exactly Manly did that was so terrible. On what basis is it so much worse than what the Sharks have been pinged for? Why aren't those useless so called journalists asking him these basic ****ing questions? He just smarms his way through every single ****-up, with that smiling imbecile Beattie clapping in the background. . .

I really don't know how Greenturd can say its not as bad as Manly... They are still investigating the entire thing with no outcome as yet... But they cant be investigating the Sharks, cause the Integrity Unit is working flat out on manly.. Yet an independant tribunal is working on the Manly appeal.

What an absolute load of rubbish from this idiot

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10
8 4 4 25 10
9 5 4 -14 10