Sharks trial moved due to Brookvale playing surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The media has reported that 17,111 is a sell-out!
Since when?
You can get a further 3,000 people into Brookie, even these days, and I was among the 26,000-odd crowd in days long past.
26k was when there was no southern stand and the Hill was twice the height @:cool:

Agree that we have been reporting our crowds as lower than actual for a few years now.

Maybe be a cost saving measure for police/security/catering/council hire ???

Agree that we have been reporting our crowds as lower than actual for a few years now.

Maybe be a cost saving measure for police/security/catering/council hire ???
From memory and apologies if I'm wrong but I think @HoldenV8 had a pretty good theory on this but he'd have to explain it.
Sounded viable .

From memory and apologies if I'm wrong but I think @HoldenV8 had a pretty good theory on this but he'd have to explain it.
Sounded viable .

Money, simple as that. The bigger the gate, the bigger the percentage the club has to pay to either the council and/or the league. Fudge the crowd figure and the club can keep some of the money.

An old mate of mine from Newcastle once told me that they used to laugh at crowd figures given at Marathon Stadium in the early 90s. One week (TV game), they'd be packed in like sardines and the announced crowd would be getting close to 30,000. The next week with no television cameras, the'd again be packed in like sardines and the announced crowd would be about 15,000.

Of course, that used to work better when they didn't have things like tickets with barcode scanners that count everyone coming through the gate. It would still work for lower leagues like NSW or Qld Cup or the various state league Aussie rules competitions.

Money, simple as that. The bigger the gate, the bigger the percentage the club has to pay to either the council and/or the league. Fudge the crowd figure and the club can keep some of the money.

I believe that is correct.

I also am under the impression that the lower the expected crowd (based on previous examples), the lower ratio police and security are required.
Saves yet more money for the club.

An old mate of mine from Newcastle once told me that they used to laugh at crowd figures given at Marathon Stadium in the early 90s. One week (TV game), they'd be packed in like sardines and the announced crowd would be getting close to 30,000. The next week with no television cameras, the'd again be packed in like sardines and the announced crowd would be about 15,000.

Of course, that used to work better when they didn't have things like tickets with barcode scanners that count everyone coming through the gate. It would still work for lower leagues like NSW or Qld Cup or the various state league Aussie rules competitions.

I don't have proof but I am pretty sure this is still done to an extent.

Some Roosters games at Allianz look like there is 2 men and a dog there. Looks absolutely terrible on TV. But somehow when the crowd is announced... 8000 people !

Some Roosters games at Allianz look like there is 2 men and a dog there. Looks absolutely terrible on TV. But somehow when the crowd is announced... 8000 people !

Wouldn't surprise me mate. After all, that lot manage to have pretty much a full international side each week and they somehow convince the NRL that they are salary cap compliant.....

I know it's only a trial but why do we always drag our heels when it comes to naming a team (or squad) most of the other teams have announced their sides for the weekend yet we haven't bothered.

I read that the SFS Members are always counted as they have the right to all sports at the ground.

Which reminds me, do we know where the Rorters will play this year :think:

I read that the SFS Members are always counted as they have the right to all sports at the ground.

Which reminds me, do we know where the Rorters will play this year :think:
SCG, I believe.
They will have to play there for several seasons because the new stadium - if it gets built - will take at least two years to construct.

The rorters will be at the SCG forever if labor gets in.
Or until they decide not enough people go to watch em and they get duck shoved to Henson park.

I’m in a jap ski resort pub. They just showed brookie in the big screen highlights. Grass looked fine. Sunwomves game on live now. Grass is patchy in Tokyo

Team P W L PD Pts
5 4 1 23 10
5 4 1 14 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 25 8
5 3 2 14 8
6 3 2 38 7
6 3 2 21 7
6 3 3 37 6
6 3 3 16 6
6 3 3 -13 6