Sharks trial moved due to Brookvale playing surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
As per a snippet from The Daily Telegraph, after a pitch inspection earlier today next week’s trial has been moved:

“The dodgy Brookvale Oval playing surface has been deemed too dangerous by Manly and Cronulla who have abandoned a pre-season trial match at the antiquated ground.

In a major decision made to protect the welfare of almost $10 million in playing talent, the Sea Eagles and Sharks pre-season trial match scheduled next Saturday night has been hastily moved 45km south to Shark Park.”

So telegraph reporting the trial has been moved from Brookvale to Cronulla because the field is too dangerous. What gives? Isn’t there a Super Rugby game there tomorrow? After all the rain and humidity how could the field not be in tip top condition?

Also still no team list for tomorrow’s ISP trail. Again what gives?

So many questions, so little answers!

More pressure on a council who aren't cutting the mustard. I like it.

Time to get their act together. Eagles pay massive coin to play there, they deserve a safe, decent playing surface.
Unfortunately not long left in the growing season. Sounds like its gunna be sh!t all year, especially if rugby are going to dig it up. Council will not give a crap...again...still...

Dodgy, antiquated, protect 10m in playing talent.
Anymore derogatory things can you think of?
We get it.
Rothf*ck must've wrote that

Tbh even if slothfield wrote it he is on the money if both Manly who stump up big $$$ and Cronulla have decided to move the trial due to the playing surface. It's embarrassing but more importantly taken a game for our fans away.

Absolute joke

If that's the case, surely the club will be compensated....? If they (council) can't provide a safe playing surface, they should be up for damages...? Cost to relocate, members and fans having to travel...

It really is shocking on behalf of the council.

Anyone have a contact we can harass about it?
The playing surface has been crap for years.... this is not news, its an ongoing issue

And we will get a beautiful centre of excellence and a ground akin to a cow paddock. Its really poor from council and the club to continue to let the joint fall down around them. Its a problem they have never addressed properly. IMO

I was looking forward to next week / bugger that.

Anyone got Michael Regans email address??

I don’t know how much of the rent Manly pay is used on upkeep but surely the council isn’t spending anywhere near on the ground in what they receive in rent.

Disgraceful indeed! The council's had over 6 months to work on the surface...shame shame shame.

Pity they can't move the game to Rat Park - surely it can accommodate a 3000-odd crowd. Otherwise they should provide us fans with transport to Cronulla as compensation. Yeah, I know I'm dreaming...

What a joke no money should be spent on this dump by the state or feds. Last game was 6 months ago and it's not fit for a trial yet we "supposedly" have 36 mill to blow on a centre of excellence. Great we have a new bells and whistle centre of excellence but a home ground that isn't fit for trials.
We better get our act together or we will be out of the comp in 2 years with this rubbish. By get our act together stop wasting money paying hiring fees to a council who continue and have for the last 30 years done nothing to the ground. Time to move and the time is now not before we are forced.

Man I’m away for the first 3 games of the season and will miss the Brookie season opener.
Was really looking forward to the trial.
Council needs to get their act together

What a joke no money should be spent on this dump by the state or feds. Last game was 6 months ago and it's not fit for a trial yet we "supposedly" have 36 mill to blow on a centre of excellence. Great we have a new bells and whistle centre of excellence but a home ground that isn't fit for trials.
We better get our act together or we will be out of the comp in 2 years with this rubbish. By get our act together stop wasting money paying hiring fees to a council who continue and have for the last 30 years done nothing to the ground. Time to move and the time is now not before we are forced.
Do you want to get anything off your chest?

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6