Sharks trial moved due to Brookvale playing surface

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
The thing is how does it get fixed before round 2
It won’t
I will keep saying it until the council treat brookvale oval like a premier sporting ground that it could be it will never be really fixed.
Start by limiting public access
No dogs allowed on the oval
If they the council can’t be bothered let manly hirer a professional groundskeeper and make us pay less for rent.

Honestly, things cannot continue in this manner.
That council charge a fortune for what they provide.
We cannot expect to be able to play NRL standard games on a f*cking dog walking park!!
If I had not seen it written here I never would have believed it.....what is it?? 1963??
Lift your bloody game, council or lose your meal ticket.

086904E8-8728-4288-B3C6-76022E71FEF7.jpeg

17,111 was the crowd tonight
Good game but the surface needs a lot of work very underwhelming tonight.

Over 17000 at Brookvale Oval to watch super rugby. A crowd of that size is what the Sea Eagles refer to as combined attendance for three home games Sad but true

Brilliant to see the ground really packed out, shame about the surface and yet again we are short changed because the owners of the ground IE Northern Beaches council cannot get their ****e together and get a decent playing surface. We deserve so much better!!!

I saw the result, and what a great crowd, but I didn’t see any blow up over the surface in the media covering the match review which I find strange. Has the NRL become the sooks of all sporting codes?

I’m also scratching my head how they could possibly consider hosting an A-League match if the surface is that bad. The surface condition is more crucial for soccer than it is league.

I saw the result, and what a great crowd, but I didn’t see any blow up over the surface in the media covering the match review which I find strange. Has the NRL become the sooks of all sporting codes?

I’m also scratching my head how they could possibly consider hosting an A-League match if the surface is that bad. The surface condition is more crucial for soccer than it is league.

Over the past three Saturday's, I have seen three Adelaide United A-League games on Ch.10. Two at their home ground of Coopers Stadium, once at AAMI Park in Melbourne.

Brookie's surface looked in better condition for last night's Waratahs game than either Coopers or AAMI did. In fact, the Coopers Stadium pitch is downright disgraceful right now for a national league competition. And that venue is no public park like Brookie. It may be owned by the SA Government, but its pretty much exclusively used by Adelaide United for their men's and women's A-League teams and by the South Aussie soccer federation.

If the Football Federation of Australia deems this good enough to play A-League games on, Brookie should pass with flying colours.
1518852324004_9af939d41e143ee8b4d890212fa6fcb0.jpeg

Last edited:
Watched the highlights this morning- if there were 17k there I am a monkeys uncle - plenty of room in Arko & FM stands and on the hill in front of scoreboard.

Either we grossly undercooked our numbers or Tahs exaggerate theirs

Watched the highlights this morning- if there were 17k there I am a monkeys uncle - plenty of room in Arko & FM stands and on the hill in front of scoreboard.

I think there are about 20,000 free tickets given out for every Rugby game in the hopes somebody turns up ......

But this result ... even if inflated .... should show GreenTurd that people do like suburban grounds .....

Just watched part of the womens soccer grand final at Kogarah. Field looked very worn in a lot of areas. Wonder if Telegraph will have a story and photos on Monday.
I watched that game as well, the playing surface was terrible and thought to myself wow how bad must Brooky be lol later in the evening puts on the rah rah to check the ground and I thought it looked heaps better!?

The media has reported that 17,111 is a sell-out!
Since when?
You can get a further 3,000 people into Brookie, even these days, and I was among the 26,000-odd crowd in days long past.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6