Season 2022 covid thread.

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I'm feeling the NRL will have to implement Sticky Ricky's plan and throw open the door to all contracted players of a team being allowed to be picked every week. Only way to keep games going when the top guys start dropping like flies.
Some form of extended list to keep the game going seems a no brainer.

Devil might be in the detail though. If it is indeed open slather to select from reserves and juniors all year, and loans across clubs ends..

It might hurt Manly more than most

Blacktown appears to be doing a complete rebuild in 2022 with almost 2 entirely new list of players for both grades 2nds and 3rds currently.

As a general rule newbies look to mainly be from 3rd's or Juniors having only played 1 or 2 games in reserves.

If 2022 is indeed a year where a clubs reserve grade players, actually are it's reserves and get called up and get called up often.

You would think It will benefit most other clubs more than MAN.

I agree that the NRL need to have something in place to minimise the risk of fixture disruption - However it's going to happen.

We've seen it with all sports at the moment (Big Bash, NBL, A-League) and the AFL and NRL won't be immune. With a larger pool of talent, there is more chance of these disruptions due to players catching it and having to isolate.

This seems to be somewhat of a semi-bubble idea (not able to go to the cinemas, nightclubs etc) and I would be surprised if there wasn't some sort of backlash from the RLPA given the rest of the general public have no restrictions.

Some form of extended list to keep the game going seems a no brainer.

Devil might be in the detail though. If it is indeed open slather to select from reserves and juniors all year, and loans across clubs ends..

It might hurt Manly more than most

Blacktown appears to be doing a complete rebuild in 2022 with almost 2 entirely new list of players for both grades 2nds and 3rds currently.

As a general rule newbies look to mainly be from 3rd's or Juniors having only played 1 or 2 games in reserves.

If 2022 is indeed a year where a clubs reserve grade players, actually are it's reserves and get called up and get called up often.

You would think It will benefit most other clubs more than MAN.
I would be happy with it,it is what the NFL do.
If you test positive you miss a week(general)until you test negative,it plays havoc with team lists and I am sure the gamblers will tear their hair out,but it makes for a surprisingly even competition.
You have your reggies side and juniors to call on and may have to play some third or fourth string players,but you might unearth some gems as well.
You just have to accept that you will have some average team performances here and there and be grateful you have a team and game you love to watch....

So true -
302D65C6-AD00-4B8E-9A40-64674EE8900F.jpeg

All good mate - I just find it funny how the internet is blowing up about Frank attending that rally and how he is unvaccinated, yet there ain't a peep from the media. It's almost like they are happy for that misinformation to spread. No FACT CHECK corrections anywhere to be found.
No real journalists anymore just hacks who write what they're told to write, we live in a world of misinformation

Lucky these guys can kick a footy because if they couldn't life would be a very dark place....

“Thought I was getting the stupid vax so I didn’t have to do another year off (sic) this ****,’’ Jack Wighton wrote on Instagram.

Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell wrote: “WTF? Got double vaxxed to just stay the same?”

Bulldogs recruit Josh Addo-Carr posted: “Unbelievable. Got double vax for nutta!! (Nothing).”

un****ingbelievable

Lucky these guys can kick a footy because if they couldn't life would be a very dark place....

“Thought I was getting the stupid vax so I didn’t have to do another year off (sic) this ****,’’ Jack Wighton wrote on Instagram.

Rabbitohs star Latrell Mitchell wrote: “WTF? Got double vaxxed to just stay the same?”

Bulldogs recruit Josh Addo-Carr posted: “Unbelievable. Got double vax for nutta!! (Nothing).”

un****ingbelievable
Agreed, absolute dumbarses.

un****ingbelievable
I don't disagree with you, I know they have runs on the board but they could just be venting after finding out yet another season of higher control measures than anyone else.

Then again.....................🤦‍♂️

I don't disagree with you, I know they have runs on the board but they could just be venting after finding out yet another season of higher control measures than anyone else.

Then again.....................🤦‍♂️
Thing is we all have to live thru this. Let them be a labourer or a normal 9 to 5 er making 50k a year. I have real trouble feeling sorry for people that kick a footy around, are treated like demi gods and have little to worry about feeling sorry for themselves.

They just dont recognise how lucky they are. I’m sure there are plenty of young footballers who would make the sacrifices sought to play in the big show and a chance to play for the dollars these guys earn. It’s about protecting the income stream and not being self focussed.

5 or 6 Manly players have COVID according to a pretty reliable source on Twitter. This will be the same with all clubs and in line with what we're seeing in the general population.

Very interesting to see where all this is at in March when the season kicks off.

5 or 6 Manly players have COVID according to a pretty reliable source on Twitter. This will be the same with all clubs and in line with what we're seeing in the general population.

Very interesting to see where all this is at in March when the season kicks off.
That 'reliable source' is also advocating to let it rip through teams like that will have no impact on the wider community.
Daft.

That 'reliable source' is also advocating to let it rip through teams like that will have no impact on the wider community.
Daft.

Yeah can't agree with that, although I'm sure some clubs would prefer for the majority of their players to contract it during the pre-season to build somewhat of a herd immunity within their squad.

I see 16 Broncos players have contracted it, so over half their 30 man squad.

Talking to a friend regarding the Covid impact in relation to weeks where there will be individual clubs missing half a team for the game, he made a simple but effective solution, of increasing the squad by 5 - 10 players....maybe keep it at 30 players....with an activation clause (only if players are out due to covid rules) the extra players are activated.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4