[Resurrected] Season 2018 your predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Position at the end of round 26

• Minor Premier

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bottom 4 ( of top 8)

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • 9-12

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 13-16

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As yet not quite a big enough vote but so far it appears 70% of us think we will be in position 5-8.

Interesting , I’d thought there might be more in the 9-12 area.

pjayz

הנשרים ישרור בעוד שנתיים מיום הנשרים
If we get Carney and can pick up another prop before June then 4/5th. I think Carney, whilst no superstar, will prove quite similar to Green. A solid support to Cherry without dominating, but won’t be fazed in the tight games like a rookie might.

We need a strong year from Kelly and Thompson by his side should really help. Thompson to add starch to our defence and feed off Jake’s energy and vice versa.

Parker to force his way into the side at some stage, if not round 1.

Tanginoa to add a Watmough type vibe off the bench.

Fainu to get a few games during origin time and prove that he is a real talent who is ready to make the step up.

I see us winning the first two rounds of the semis as best case. We won’t make the big one this year; however, we’ll set the platform for next year provided we make 1 or 2 astute signings.

Jake to take his game to a new level and be the backbone of the Blues forward pack.

Last edited:

Fibro Eagle

Bencher
Premium Member
Tipping Member
We are a top 8 side
We can’t afford any major injuries to key players
Our depth in key areas will be the deciding factor in where we finish
In saying that we do have Rep players in this squad to push for finals that’s why I think we are semi finals bound again , just need to get through injury free ,
And that’s with all sides but all being equal I see us making the 8

I think we will all reavaluate our predictions once the findings of the salary cap investigations are announced + as our starting roster + any other player acquisitions . Could be + or -

Heckenberg

Reserve Grader
I’m calling top three. we have shown we are a realistic chance of matching it with the chooks who have to be alongside the cows as favourites. Underdog tag will fire us up and our potential pack will lift

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I hope all the regulars come on here, vote , then tell us what you think.

We did the same thing last year and I’ve been reminded many times of my 12th prediction then.

Will be interesting to go back to this after round 26 and see how close or not we were.

Moops

Bencher
Defence is going to be a major issue this year. I know you can't judge us on trial form but, apart from the first ten minutes, the Roosters beat us 28-10. If you don't count our late try, it looks even worse. We are an unknown and round one will give us the answer we are all looking for. To be honest, I don't have any sort of read on where we are. We could finish anywhere from 4th - 14th. Five-eighth is a huge question mark and our centres, without Walker, look weak. I am nervous about our prospects without him for the first 5-6 rounds. When he returns, he will still need a month to settle back in.

Going out on a limb - 9th.

As an aside, I can't believe a lot of people have the Dogs out of the eight. They will make the eight and shock a few people with where they finish. With the Dean Pay factor, they will be up for the first month, definitely.

manly al

First Grader
Manly definitely have the Forward pack and sufficient talented backs to take the side into the top 8 and with a relatively injury free season , a top four proposition . Also naturally concerned if our 6 , and early season centres can provide the competitive edge required for some good results . Storm , Cowboys and Roosters should be hard to beat , an under strength Dogs had a good trial win last week . Top 8 for Manly well with in reach , and with a good run with injuries , top four not out of the question .

Ned

Bencher
So much depends on injuries but on paper right now I'd have us just outside the top 4.
Griffin first coach sacked.
Raiders for the spoon and thus ends Ricky Stuart's coaching career.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Interesting , the percentages now moving from bottom of the 8 to top 4 , which shows there’s some super confident fans on here.

Jeez I hope they are right but I think @Moops above is probably very very close to the mark.

Ben

Bencher
I would be very disappointed if missed the 8 with the squad we have on the up. I can't see that happening unless we has players off the park. I feel we have a stronger squad this year as the younger guys are all a year older along with a few smart signings. We have lost Green but could gain a lot more not just at 5/8 but several other positions as well.
This is young hungry team on the up, playing for their coach because he believes in them and gave a lot of them a second chance.
This is going to be a cracker year and really can't wait for the footy to start to see us rip in. I have us finishing 4th or 5th. Lots of point in this side just need to defend !

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Just watched a replay of round 13 Raiders v Eagles at Brooks last year, yet another Golden Point game.

Two things stood out,

Jacko Hastings played really well.

Greens constant peppering of the line to enforce repeat sets will be missed this year, by how much I don’t know!

TimmyQ

Bencher
Pretty simple girls and boys, a poll on where you think we will finish and your thoughts on the highs , lows , challenges, failures and successes for the season to come.

From my perspective I think it will be a mildly successful year in what is year 3 of a 5 year plan.

Our inability to yet again spend all our cap will again be a factor and at best I can see us just reaching the 8 or equally just missing out possibly on F/A, my prediction is position 8.

Our high will be having 3 players represent in SOO, Jurbo, Turbo and Api.

My lows are we will probably lose againto the Eels and St George ( who seem to be bogie teams in recent years).

Our biggest challenge will be playing teams that the NRL want to be a success this year , think Newcastle / Titans which in years gone by would be considered easy wins, I have a feeling we will be swearing at refs a LOT more this year.

By far our biggest failure has been the inability to attract a quality player ( yes I know outside influences but still it’s a failure), we all know the reasons but it’s just a totally unfair playing field , us v the other 15.

I think our successes this year will be the breakout year for Tom Wright and hopefully young Croker plus I think Brian Kelly may well have a significant lift from last year ( nothing to prove that just a gut feel).

But regardless it’s going to be one of those roller coaster years, some highs, some lows and a lot of high blood pressure times.

Now just bring it on!

Agreed Mark - I think the top 7 teams are fairly obvious to everyone and the betting suggests that too. But definitely position 8 is absolutely up for grabs between us, Dragons, Dogs, Raiders etc. So winning a few tight ones and also ensuring our for and against stays in good shape will be absolutely crucial. (Oh and havin a dood who kicks goals 80+ %)

anthonyb1965

GO Manly
I picked somewhere between 4-8.

We have the forward strike power to bend the line in attack and defence and arguably, have one of the top 3 packs in the comp. In the backs DCE, Tommy, Tafua, Uate, Walker (when fit) are all class so as long as we stay fit, we will challenge for top 4. Our 5/8 (being a work in progress) is the biggest area where improvement is needed and "holding our own" like last year won't get us where we need to go. Carney, if he arrives here, will be an asset if he can regain the form he had way back when. Lachlan Croker is a gamble we have to take and fingers crossed, adds something in attack, passing and defence but at this stage he is an unknown quantity and a weakness.

As always - GO MANLY

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
As the day rolls on top 4 is gaining ground in bottom 4 of the 8.

Yep some very optimistic fans on here!!

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18