[Resurrected] Season 2018 your predictions

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
  • Wwe are currently experience some server issues which I am working through and hoping to resolve soon, Please bare with me whilst I work through making some changes and possible intermittent outages.
  • Apologies all our server was runing rogue. I managed to get us back to a point from 2:45 today though there is an attachment issue i will fix shortly. Things should be smooth now though

Position at the end of round 26

• Minor Premier

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Top 4

Votes: 22 21.8%
  • Bottom 4 ( of top 8)

Votes: 58 57.4%
  • 9-12

Votes: 13 12.9%
  • 13-16

Votes: 7 6.9%
  • Wooden Spoon

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

globaleagle

01100111 01100101
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
who put minor premiers, send me some of the stuff your taking. that can't be us we give to many penalties away

It's basically legal in Canada...dunno about where you're from so better not post any. lol

I'm like Glenn McGrath in my convictions. :) (Ashes 5-0)

So go for it Manly men.... rip the opposition a new one! woot!

BK13

Reserve Grader
We seem to be no-ones darlings this year.....I like that! Typically when unfancied we seem to perform well.

The big question is obviously around 5/8. We don't need Crocker (or whoever) to be anything he isn't. We just need some steadiness and helping out DCE with kick options.

The other key question for me is Tom. He is now entering that period of his career where he is past rookie, and potential, and must realize it with game winning performances, and good talk and defence. It's time for him to take the next step.

I'm thinking 5th or 6th.

Mark from Brisbane

“ Boomer still Booming”
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I go into every new season thinking we can win it. Whether we do or not, depends too much on how much other teams have improved, injuries, and most importantly, the refs. Talk of 5 year plans ****s me no end. I hope that is not how our management and coaches think, because it basically says we can't win until the 5 years are up. We are Manly. We are in it to win it.

Sorry, but this is year 3.

Based on that we can’t win to 2020.

But I’m sure the players have a different view.

Moops

Bencher
The scoreboard may have said 28-10, but the first six of those 28 points came from a runaway try from mitchell after we dropped the ball on the attack (and looked likely to score ourselves to make it 22 nil). So that was a 12 point turnaround completely against the run of play. The 2nd six points came from a dropped last tackle bomb. Sure, not ideal, but hardly a defensive lapse. Of the other tries, mitchell scored another freakish try in the corner with about 4 defenders on him (plenty of desperation from defenders), and tedesco flukes a chip and regather after an errant last play pass. So that's 4 tries which I cant honestly say were pure defensive lapses, just freakish individual efforts or out and out flukes. Keep in mind we were also resting jake, tom and DCE for large parts of the second half.

I respect your opinion but I just look at the scoreboard at the end of the day. I don't really pay attention to how arsey the tries are. They are on the board and that is all that matters. To come back from 16 points behind, arsey or not, is a pretty fair effort. I am not sure about other Roosters players but I read that Cronk was taken off in the 53d minute. If you are happy with it, all good. As I said, I can't get a read on where we are. Round 1 in Newcastle and Round 2 against Parramatta will tell us all we need to know.

Jethro

Star Trekkin' across the universe
Staff member
Premium Member
Tipping Member
Same as last year's prediction for me.
Anywhere from 5th to 10th.

wombatgc

KT 623
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I
who put minor premiers, send me some of the stuff your taking. that can't be us we give to many penalties away
I did. And I would, but I fear the Customs Canine Unit would be interested in it.
Going for the Stephen Bradbury finish to the year

Smokin Joe

Bencher
Cowboys
Storm
Sea Eagles
Sharks
Dragons
Bulldogs
Eels
Roosters

Any injuries (long term) to Taupau/Trbojevics/DCE will impact us(particularly if a couple of them),a big injury toll will hurt as it will hurt all teams.Broncos to miss 8 on ability but NRL will get them into top 8....one of the above to miss out(Roosters)

Chip and Chase

True Supporter
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Tipping Member
I'd be much happier knowing the outcome of our salary cap position and whether we are likely to be in the market for some more cattle. Based on current squad I think we have 6 teams covered and there are probably 4 teams that have us covered. Means we are battling the other 5 for that 5-10 slot on the table as Jethro has suggested.

I just hope we might be slightly more consistent than last year if the 5/8 spot works out to at least a solid NRL level (be it with Croker or whoever) - basing this on the fact we've only had a few personnel changes and we should be more cohesive as a team after a good hitout as a group last season. After a couple of years of high player turnover and rejigging of the team it should be beneficial for the squad and the coach to have some stability and familiarity there. Shut up and pick a number !! .........Ok...........let's say 6th.

It should be a tight comp this year. Lots of high profile player movements have seen new look teams across the board - no real stand out in my book.

Bearfax

Grizzly old fart
Dont you just love the Telegaffe and its list of 'experts'.

All but one out of ten suggested Manly wouldnt make the final 8, and the one who said they would, said 7th. Now I'm trying to figure how a team that has practically kept the same side, and improved in some respects with up and comers and Thompson, is now a lesser team than last years 6th. Do they really think Green is the difference here. He'll be missed, but Manly have a far stronger reserves bench and if young Croker can just achieve the basics we think he can, then how the heck can they be now 10th as the Buzzard is suggesting.

I'm taking a note of each of these 'experts' and if Manly perform as well as I think they can, I will be near the end of the year be using their names to ask how they reached the conclusions they did. Just hope Manly dont let me down.

double hoops

First Grader
There is a lot of luck on where u finish. One injury turns the penthouse into the ****house. If luck goes our way. I think we will surprise plenty. Top 4 is what we can achieve. Top 8 if a few things don't go our way.

Team P W L PD Pts
14 11 3 103 26
14 10 4 118 24
14 10 4 78 24
15 9 6 161 20
14 8 6 60 20
14 7 7 63 18
14 7 7 37 18
15 8 7 -8 18
14 7 7 -50 18
14 7 7 -79 18
15 7 7 28 17