Sean Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
I wouldn't give up on Fainu. He just needs to learn how to tackle. I might be the only one, but I think he has massive potential. I just hope he is willing to work his butt off to get there.
You’re not on your Pat Malone. But let’s face it, if he doesn’t develop with the benefit of Ballin and Monaghan on the coaching staff, he was never going to develop.

It is true that Keppie was considering getting out of the deal but it Was just jitters, it didn't amount to a serious attempt...he was going to be playing under Lambkin who coached him at Westfields (along with Fainu, Suli and Co) and all of the sudden Lambkin is off to the Tigers and our FG coach has given his resignation....what young player wouldn't be worried about a potential career defining shift taking place under that conflict?

Anyway, he is here now and he might not bleed maroon and white yet but let him play a few games first...he has to start somewhere. If we only recruited players who were Manly fans growing up, we'd have a squad of the Trbo boys and that would be it!

Training has been a lot more intense under Des so that bodes well for us. Dessie has been getting stuck into the lazy ones too!!!

I wouldn't give up on Fainu. He just needs to learn how to tackle. I might be the only one, but I think he has massive potential. I just hope he is willing to work his butt off to get there.
I agree totally. It's a huge leap in expectations and conditioning defensively in FG. We have seen a lot of the upcoming players struggle with the transition. Just needs hard work, training, technique and putting the body on the line. If they are determined and gutsy enough they'll make it.

Training has been a lot more intense under Des so that bodes well for us. Dessie has been getting stuck into the lazy ones too!!!

Do tell... Des doing his best impression of Gunnery Sergeant Hartman isn't that far beyond the realms of possibility.

It is true that Keppie was considering getting out of the deal but it Was just jitters, it didn't amount to a serious attempt...he was going to be playing under Lambkin who coached him at Westfields (along with Fainu, Suli and Co) and all of the sudden Lambkin is off to the Tigers and our FG coach has given his resignation....what young player wouldn't be worried about a potential career defining shift taking place under that conflict?

Anyway, he is here now and he might not bleed maroon and white yet but let him play a few games first...he has to start somewhere. If we only recruited players who were Manly fans growing up, we'd have a squad of the Trbo boys and that would be it!

Well, he's more of a chance at first grade here , than probably any other club in the entire NRL, so he should thank his lucky stars.

A team like Melbourne/Roosters wouldn't even interview the kid.

You’re not on your Pat Malone. But let’s face it, if he doesn’t develop with the benefit of Ballin and Monaghan on the coaching staff, he was never going to develop.
Ball in, Monas and Des who played a bit of nine. .

Well, he's more of a chance at first grade here , than probably any other club in the entire NRL, so he should thank his lucky stars.

A team like Melbourne/Roosters wouldn't even interview the kid.

Both Melbourne and Roosters have players in their squad similar to Sean (young players without much NRL experience who have been seen to have potential), some of which played in their finals campaign (Momorovski, Collins etc).

And Aaron woods

The reality is that Fainu is only 20 years of age and he showed enough for me that he has a lot of skill and heart for such a young fellow .
Defence was an issue for our team across the board last season as our team defensive record was the worst .
The good news is that Des has always been big on defence and his eagle eyes can see which players have the potential to be part of his solid culture

I like his attitude . He wants to be here .......

Keppie has been a shining light in the U20s competition and was rated as one of the Eels' brightest young stars.

"When the offer came to join Manly, I thought it was the better pathway for me as I can see a future here,'' Keppie said.
I like the bloke already

While everybody can improve their tackling .... it comes with practice ..... the only real issue I saw with Fainu was fitness .... that the speed and workload up the middle in FG was a lot more than he was used to, and in the faster games he faded badly ..... a good preseason and a #14 spot in firsts and he will come along just dandy ....

While everybody can improve their tackling .... it comes with practice ..... the only real issue I saw with Fainu was fitness .... that the speed and workload up the middle in FG was a lot more than he was used to, and in the faster games he faded badly ..... a good preseason and a #14 spot in firsts and he will come along just dandy ....
#14 is his obvious position at this point in his career, 20-30 minutes a game will benefit both him and Api.
I hope Des agrees and doesn't go with Hodko.

Given Des dropped Hodko at the dogs it will be interesting how he fares in 2019 with Des.

Fainu does need to compensate for his lack of size with a big improvement in his defensive technique

Given Des dropped Hodko at the dogs it will be interesting how he fares in 2019 with Des.

Fainu does need to compensate for his lack of size with a big improvement in his defensive technique

Maybe run with a back like Suli on the bench, then 3 forwards. If not required in the backs, Suli gets a 20 minute jaunt in the forwards.

He needs to improve his strength, fitness and defensive technique no doubt, but size isn't the issue.

Manase Fainu: 185cm / 95kg
Cameron Smith : 185cm / 92kg
Matt Ballin: 179cm / 88kg (playing weight)
Api Koroisau: 172cm / 88kg
That's deceiving isn't it, he doesn't look 95 kegs on TV.

Maybe run with a back like Suli on the bench, then 3 forwards. If not required in the backs, Suli gets a 20 minute jaunt in the forwards.
That would require Api to play 80 mins, and we all know how his passing game drops off when he gets tired. Maybe Donny’s fitness overhaul will fix that problem.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
9 7 2 72 16
8 7 1 56 16
9 6 3 57 14
10 6 4 58 12
9 5 4 -14 12
10 5 4 31 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 4 5 19 10
9 4 5 -16 8