Sean Keppie

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ryan,

Why are you so assertive about which incoming/new players are or aren't quality signings?

Especially when your record at predicting these is - by your own account - terrible.

The guy is 20 years old. Let's at least give him game time (starting in NSW cup of course) before making a judgement on whether or not he is likely to be a future NRL starter or not. Rather than some throwaway line in a prepared statement.

Or we could ring Nate Myles & see what he is up to in 2019. Give the kid a break, he has size , junior Rep experience & most of all wants to play for us.

Work your magic Des, Donnie & Co.

I wasn't a fan the day he wanted to renege, but Parra didn't want him.

Wanting to reneg and Parra not wanting to keep him was a clickbait article by one of the 99% bullsh!t journos.

None of it probably happened. I am 99% sure it's all bullsh!t.

How people make profound judgements based on journo crap is totally beyond me.

The kid seems happy to be here, give him his shot.

It’s good to have you back mate... the real you... as opposed to that overly positive imposter that was posting on here under your name of late.
Hahaha thanks mate. I'm actually really confident about our team tbh. I just think it will be a process (3-4 years). Weed out all the characters who don't want to be here. Get.our identity back.

I'm pumped tbh.

Living the coaching team (apart from Cartwright - speaking of imposters hahaha).

For what its worth From the eels forum ...

Manly sign young Eel Sean Keppie
I've watched this kid play for Parra both this year and last and I rate him.
He's a big, raw boned kid who is tough and runs hard.

Last edited:
Wanting to reneg and Parra not wanting to keep him was a clickbait article by one of the 99% bullsh!t journos.

None of it probably happened. I am 99% sure it's all bullsh!t.

How people make profound judgements based on journo crap is totally beyond me.

The kid seems happy to be here, give him his shot.
This is how you build a good culture in our club . By people who believe they can have success here and not the ones that want to leave and quit

Last edited:
Hahaha thanks mate. I'm actually really confident about our team tbh. I just think it will be a process (3-4 years). Weed out all the characters who don't want to be here. Get.our identity back.

I'm pumped tbh.

Living the coaching team (apart from Cartwright - speaking of imposters hahaha).
Yeah mate... it’s sure feeling much, much better, that’s for certain.

Even if he had second thoughts... he is a kid (and of course at 20 no one ever had any doubts about their career etc)

Watched this kid in our u/20's GF victory .... he was certainly passionate and dominate on the field ... going from part time to a full time pre-season with Donny will turn this kid into a beast .... good luck to him, just another exciting up and comer to watch ...

And it is understandable that he thought Manly was a better pathway to FG than the slime .... In Arffur's 6 years there only one local Parra junior has debuted ..... any club would look like a better pathway .....

Did he want to renege ?

Or was it just paper talk ?

The same paper talk you have been imploring everyone on ST to ignore when it comes to Marty and Dylan....

No smart-arse, it was actually a poster here that alluded to it @MW66 , and I'd believe that over any paper talk any day of the week. Try again.

@:p

No smart-arse, it was actually a poster here that alluded to it @MW66 , and I'd believe that over any paper talk any day of the week. Try again.

One person who has been a member for a year or so with less than 100 posts?

Not saying he is not on the money however you would want some more concrete evidence before questioning a players motives

Okie dokie, thanks for clarifying.

Was simply asking a question.

100% agree here. Basically saying that anything could happen at Manly and he’s got a shot at 1st grade. I’m holding out hope that one of these guys comes on and surprises everyone.
Every season there are a few young players who breakout and surprise - V.Kikau, V.Radley, K.Ponga (sort of), E.Marsters ...not sure who was ours in 2018.

Every season there are a few young players who breakout and surprise - V.Kikau, V.Radley, K.Ponga (sort of), E.Marsters ...not sure who was ours in 2018.
Fainu was probably the closest we had to a breakout year. Although nothing in comparison to those listed above

Fainu didn’t have a breakout year, he only broke into first grade by default, not because his form demanded it. He wasn’t ready.
He does have some ability though so who knows, maybe he’ll prosper in 2019.

Fainu didn’t have a breakout year, he only broke into first grade by default, not because his form demanded it. He wasn’t ready.
He does have some ability though so who knows, maybe he’ll prosper in 2019.

I wouldn't give up on Fainu. He just needs to learn how to tackle. I might be the only one, but I think he has massive potential. I just hope he is willing to work his butt off to get there.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7