Sea Eagles V Storm Chat & news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Re: Sea Eagles V Storm Chat & news

Bellamy delays naming side due to injuries

Melissa Woods AAPMon, Mar 07, 2011 - 3:55 PM
http://www.nrl.com/bellamy-delays-naming-side-due-to-injuries/tabid/10874/newsid/61607/default.aspx

Whilst there are still plenty of 'uncertain' players for the Storm this Saturday, one in doubt won't be Billy Slater who is expected to play. Copyright:
Melbourne coach Craig Bellamy could wait until match eve to decide on his line-up to face Manly in their round one NRL clash on Saturday.

Bellamy will name an expanded squad as he gives a host of injured players as much time as possible to prove their fitness.

One certain to start the Storm's first match for NRL competition points since last April is fullback Billy Slater, who has recovered from shoulder surgery.

Pleas to play Souths recruit Beau Champion, who hasn't managed a Storm trial due to injury, appear to have fallen on deaf ears.

"He's probably been on the edge for a little while with that head injury and now the calf, I'd probably say he's pretty unlikely," the coach said.

Five-eighth Maurice Blair, centre Chase Stanley and forwards Sika Manu and Rory Kostjasyn are among the injured brigade.

"I'd like to have the line-up settled but we've got a few injuries," Bellamy said, adding they will test the players on Wednesday.

"Rory Kostjasyn rolled his ankle at training on Friday so we're going through a bad patch at the moment but hopefully we'll have a few there on Saturday.

"It could be up to Friday before we make decisions, I'd like to have most of that done by Wednesday but sometimes it doesn't work out like that."

Bellamy said Manly's pre-season form had been impressive and would test his new-look side, which shed a number of key players to get under the salary cap.

"They've had great form in the trials and they've got a lot of good experienced players there so they're a really good, solid, aggressive team so it will be a good test for our blokes first up," Bellamy said.

"I've watched both their trials and I thought they were really impressive, especially against the Warriors.

"You know Manly's a good team and when you get into the tough parts of the game they're going to be in there competing."

Comparing them at full strength on paper,I'm sure we've got these cheating grubs covered...

Manly fullback Brett Stewart will play for the first time since round one of last season.

Stewart had 20 minutes in the Sea Eagles' last trial match against the Warriors in Auckland a fortnight ago, in what was his first taste of action since round one against the Wests Tigers last year, where he sustained a season-ending knee injury.

However, David Williams, who also missed all of 2010 due to shoulder surgery is likely to miss out due to a hamstring strain when the team is named on Tuesday.

http://www.nrl.com/carney-out-of-souths-clash/tabid/10874/newsid/61617/default.aspx

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299553180[/time]

from twitter
MEL RD1: Slater, Duffie, Neilsen, Stanley, Quinn, Widdop, Cronk, Norrie, Smith, Lowe, Blair, Manu, Hinch'fe.
res;Lowrie, Proctor, Thompson, Bromwich Champ

Good on all the attendees. But for the rest of us Fox has Manly on delay at 9.20pm. With Gallop and now this, I'm ready to lose it. BE, any live feeds coming up that don't involve having done 50 posts?

ManlyBacker link said:
Good on all the attendees. But for the rest of us Fox has Manly on delay at 9.20pm. With Gallop and now this, I'm ready to lose it. BE, any live feeds coming up that don't involve having done 50 posts?

Press the RED button

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186604.msg320713#msg320713 date=1299561647]

Press the RED button
[/quote]

I normally watch it at a local club with a heap of other supporters. The only two big clubs around here are the Dragons and Eagles and seeing the Drags are on as well there could be a brawl :)

Shane link said:
[quote author=ManlyBacker link=topic=186604.msg320713#msg320713 date=1299561647]

Press the RED button
[/quote]

Yeah, you should be able to pick which game you want to watch.

I'll be in Melbourne so i'm just gonna start the recorder at 7:30 and let it run.............

Bluedog, careful you dont find out the result, that would ruin it on replay for you :)

Bluedog...Limerick Arms Pub at South Melbourne will show the  Friday games live.....e-mail for details if you wish

1  Brett Stewart
2  Michael Robertson
3  Jamie Lyon
4  Tony Williams
5  William Hopoate
6  Kieran Foran
7  Daly Cherry-Evans
8  Jason King
9  Matt Ballin
10    Brent Kite
11  Anthony Watmough
12  Joe Galuvao
13  Glenn Stewart
14  Terence Seu Seu
15  Jamie Buhrer
16  George Rose
17  Vic Mauro
19  Tim Robinson 

Wolfie and Shoulders would make it perfect but guess we can't do much better than that can we?

WINGER William Hopoate has replaced injured Sea Eagle David Williams in Manly’s team for the club’s opening round NRL clash against the Storm in Melbourne on Saturday night.

Williams is out with a hamstring strain with Hopoate, who made his NRL debut last year, starting on the wing.

Rookie half Daly Cherry-Evans will also starting, wearing the No.7 jumper following the summer departure of Trent Hodkinson.

Second-rower Shane Rodney (knee) is also a non-selection in the 18-man squad, with veteran Joe Galuvao gaining the nod to start in the pack.

In the centres, Tony Williams will start for the suspended Steve Matai who will be available from round 5.

In the Storm camp, the club has gained a boost with Billy Slater named to play after overcoming a shoulder complaint.

Slater will go head-to-head with Sea Eagles custodian Brett Stewart - the pair renewing a rivalry which has been put on hold in recent years due to Stewart’s knee troubles.

Manly’s squad to play Melbourne at AAMI Park on Saturday night.

Brett Stewart, Michael Robertson, Jamie Lyon (c), Tony Williams, Will Hopoate, Kieran Foran, Daly Cherry-Evans, Jason King (c), Matt Ballin, Brent Kite, Anthony Watmough, Joe Galuvao, Glenn Stewart. Bench: Terence Seuseu, Jamie Buhrer, George Rose, Vic Mauro, Tim Robinson. Coach: Des Hasler

http://manly-daily.whereilive.com.au/sport/story/nrl-sea-eagles-team-for-round-1/

ManlyBacker link said:

I pretty sure they've removed that 50 (or was it 100) post limit.  But BE should be able to confirm.

Ill suss them out, the game will have the red button option I believe

Yeah you're right Rodo..
here's an email I got from NRLFIX the other day

Dear Users,

In 2011, we will make available more streams for ALL USERS. This means if you have 0 posts, you still will be able to watch streams you need to be registered and logged in.

Last year we restricted streams to Valued Members or Regular Users, but this year we will make it available to everyone.

Please check back on 11 March 2011 for our first stream.

Admins
http://www.nrlfix.com

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4