Sea Eagles V Storm Chat & news

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Berkeley_Eagle

Current Status: 24/7 Manly Fan
Sea Eagles V Storm Chat & news

Sea Eagles vs Storm
1/03/2011 2:51:59 PM
http://www.mwse.com.au/default.aspx?s=article-display&id=33912&title=sea-eagles-vs-storm

The Manly Sea Eagles will face the Melbourne Storm on Saturday 12th March at AAMI Park for Round 1 of the NRL!

This is going to be a cracking game to kick start the season with the two rival teams going head to head in Melbourne's territory.

It's also set to see the return of star fullback Brett Stewart in one of his first games back in almost two years of footy! You don't want to miss out on this!

To book tickets to the opening game of the season - click here!
http://premier.ticketek.com.au/shows/show.aspx?sh=STORM11

Make sure your maroon and white is on display as the Sea Eagles get their bid for the 2011 Premiership underway!

Country Members of the Sea Eagles have one match included in their membership to go to this game. If they have any questions, please contact the club on (02) 9970 3000.

Bellamy happy with players' prognosis
1/03/2011 4:52:36 PM

Head Coach Craig Bellamy is breathing a little easier today after discovering none of his injured players from Saturday night’s trial match against Brisbane will be out for an extended period of time.

Outside backs Beau Champion injured his calf during the warm-up and Chase Stanley suffered a corked leg before the 10-minute mark, while back-rower Sika Manu was forced off with a knee injury.

With the round one fixture against Manly at AAMI Park less than a fortnight away, Bellamy said the players will need to do everything right in rehab to be a chance for the season opener.

“I don’t think there’s anything there too serious, I don’t think we’re talking anything three, four or five weeks,” said Bellamy.

“But they’re all going to be really touch and go for that first game.

“It’s probably likely we’ll go in with a couple out, but hopefully they get better a bit quicker than the medical staff think.”

The trial against Brisbane was Champion’s first opportunity to get a full game under his belt for 2011, while Stanley was keen to continue his sensational pre-season form with another solid hit-out.

Unfortunately for Bellamy his best laid plans for the Sea Eagles clash may need to be tweaked during next week’s build-up.

“We were looking forward to Beau playing last week, getting injured in the warm-up threw a spanner in the works,” said Bellamy.

“He hasn’t played much footy at all this year and that makes it pretty hard for him to play in that first game.

“Chase is probably the best chance of them to be playing, but I think Sika’s going to struggle with that knee injury.

“It’s a body contact sport and injuries happen. We certainly didn’t want these injuries to happen and we didn’t want them to happen together but they have so we’ll have to adapt and I’m sure we’ll find someone to put in and take their place.”

Bellamy has ruled out rushing any of his injured players, including Billy Slater who is recovering from a pre-season shoulder operation, into the team for round one.

“This time of the year we’re certainly not going to take any chances, it’s a long season,” said Bellamy.

“Billy’s training really well at the moment so that’s looking really positive, he hasn’t done too much contact work yet so we’ll look at that early next week.”

To watch the full video interview of Bellamy talking about the team’s injuries and his plans for the rest of the team leading into round one, click ‘Play’ on the media player (if it hasn’t started playing automatically already).

Re: Sea Eagles V Storm Chat & news

Should be a good game, a full strength Manly "should" get them and Melbourne (much like Brisbane and the Gold Coast) holds no great fears for the boys these days due to the level of support they get from the MWTS.

I think we'll end up with 100 or more down there (82 on the official trip and others who have made their own arrangements) so there's no doubt there will be a lot of flag waving, cheering and chanting.

Can't wait!!

There is a chance Storm will be missing 4 players through injury. Billy Slater's recovery has not progressed as hoped, Beau Champion isn't training with a strained calf, Sika Manu and Chase Stanley both have knee issues. Without those 4 I don't think Storm can have a lot of hope for round 1.

I wonder if this will be deleted as well (as it's a football thread)

Post  automatically merged: [time]1298972195[/time]

It's a pity somewhat that we won't be playing a full strength Storm, always good to beat them BUT always better when they are full strength!

I personally want Slater to start the game, so T-Rex can go one better at flattening that little cnut.

Captain of the Gate link said:
There is a chance Storm will be missing 4 players through injury. Billy Slater's recovery has not progressed as hoped, Beau Champion isn't training with a strained calf, Sika Manu and Chase Stanley both have knee issues. Without those 4 I don't think Storm can have a lot of hope for round 1.

Of those four I think only Sika won't play. He could be out for a little while, but Champion/Stanley are both good to go for round one and I'd be surprised if Slater missed a match against Manly.

Brookie4eva link said:
I personally want Slater to start the game, so T-Rex can go one better at flattening that little cnut.

HAHAHA... F*CK that was funny!!
Definitely a moment not to forget.

I personally would like Slater to start- For the above reason- but also so Snake can out play him & put him back in his place! I Can't wait to see Snake run out onto the field!!!

This is just bellamy mind games. They will all play and they will be up for the game. I have said it before, after last season they are the toughest assignment in week one. They will have a huge point to prove and that can lift a team to perform above it's natural ability.

I am deeply concerned about this game

[youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jcpWS8oczw[/youtube]

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299113526[/time]

I'll be ready for opening round: Slater
By AAP .
3 March 2011 11:23AM

http://www.sportsnewsfirst.com.au/articles/2011/03/03/i-ll-be-ready-for-opening-round-slater/

Billy Slater has declared himself a certainty for the Storm's opening NRL clash with Manly

There was doubt over whether Slater would be fit to play in the Storm's first match for points since April last year, with his recovery from an operation slower than expected.
But the 27-year-old Test custodian came through his first contact training session on Wednesday and at the club's season launch on Thursday morning said he would start in the AAMI Park match.
The news is a boost for the NRL, providing a first up clash of two of the game's most exciting fullbacks with Brett Stewart expected to return for Manly.
Slater said he could have played in the Storm's final trial, a loss to Brisbane, if he had to last weekend.
"The shoulder
's going along pretty good and I've always been confident of where I'm at. I'd be pretty surprised if I'm not there next Saturday night," Slater said.
He had no qualms about heading into an NRL game without a pre-season hit-out.
"Ideally you'd love to be at peak fitness and have four months of pre-season under your belt and be firing but the amount of football we play these days ... I'm not concerned at all."
Slater's news was a relief for coach Craig Bellamy, with his two preferred centres, Souths recruit Beau Champion (calf) and Chase Stanley (knee) both nursing injuries, although the pair remained hopeful of playing.
One of his two five-eighth selections, former Panther Maurice Blair is also injured, leaving the door open for England Test representative Gareth Widdop to grab the No.6 jersey left vacant by Brett Finch's departure to England.
The clash with one of their fiercest rivals will have extra incentive for the Storm, who were unable to earn competition points last season as a penalty for rortin
g the salary cap.
Slater said the side preferred to look ahead to the coming season than the past.
"We put last year behind us when the final siren went in round 26 so last year was last year.
"We're excited about getting into the season and we're excited about starting successfully.
"We want to be playing good football in round one and working off the back of that."
The Storm completed their 2011 playing roster on Wednesday by giving a one-year contract to 24-year-old winger Sisa Waqa, who has spent three months trialling with the club.

Chip & Chase link said:
[quote author=Fluffy link=topic=186604.msg319201#msg319201 date=1299042550]
its a must win game

Most important game of the season.
[/quote]

In what sense,you dont win premierships in march

Echo echo!

Post  automatically merged: [time]1299128088[/time]

In all seriousness, as far as games go it is fairly important to win this one. (1) We haven't been good in recent years at winning our first game. Would be good to turn that around. (2) It's Melbourne and any win over them is a feather in our cap and a good psychological edge and platform for the year. (3) To win the first game back for the likes of Snake and the Wolf would be is undoubtedly priceless in terms of confidence for them and the entire team.

read the piece on Keiran Foran in this weeks big league very uplifting

OMG have a look at the size of Joe Galuvao's guns. He's got the biggest arms in the NRL.

Storm will be a contender this year, and they will be out to prove a point round one.

Thanks for the video clip Berkeley.
With Don singe back in charge I'm expecting the the boy's to physically dominate/intimidate opposition teams.
Des seems to thrive on low risk footie, minimise mistakes, attack with powerful defense, throw in an attacking halfback and the reinvigorated Stewart brothers and I see us as genuine contenders.
I refuse to take off my maroon and white blinkers...Manly by 10 against the Storm. 

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8
7 4 3 -18 8
7 3 3 20 7