Sea Eagles ready to fly with new Centre of Excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
That and the fact that money is always a determining factor.

As Frank Stanton himself told me back in June ‘95, as we gazed over the ground (and I asked him when we could see further improvements) from the brand new KA Stand - “It all takes money”.

There is also an increasing push on to recycle post-War structures, not just tear them down holus bolus, in a bid to reduce carbon emissions (i.e. reducing concrete consumption). The Quay Quarter tower, formerly the AMP Centre, is a classic partial demolition/rebuild effort.

Before:View attachment 16220
Recently (on Flickr):

View attachment 16221
You can do a lot with a simple cantilevered-roof design stand like the old ones at Brookvale, as they have already proven.

I am yet to be convinced Parramatta needed a complete knockdown/rebuild within 35 years of the previous stadium’s construction.
Thanks! I kept looking at that building wondering where it came from.

Last edited:
There are several stadiums around the world that have hotel rooms that back onto a venue and form part of a grandstand. Adelaide Oval has one such recent addition.
I recall visiting Rogers Stadium in Toronto where you could rent a room, at a premium price, and watch the baseball from your balcony. I'm told that one television coverage caught more than they expected when they panned on one such room.
I see nothing wrong with having a hotel -- or apartments -- forming one side of a large grandstand.
Very standard in Europe for small to medium sized professional soccer clubs. Retail mix on ground level outside the stadium. Apartments / hotel above. Creates revenues streams obviously. No brainer

Geez the Dragons being based at Wollongong would be a bitter pill for the majority of St George supporters. The irony is that St George is the stronger partner than Illawarra. A bit like us being moved permanently to Central Coast Stadium. The West Tigers franchise is in my view displaced. The Balmain connection is hanging on by a thread with only two board members out of seven and only holding a 10% shareholding. The Balmain leagues Club was operating out of an small bowling club at Five Dock. I agree they should be based at Campbelltown.

Thanks! I kept looking at that building wondering where it came from.
They demolished the northern third of the tower back to the core. Plus lopped a bit off the top. Then extended the core and the floorplates northwards to create the asymmetric look, as well as adding new floors atop.

The old building rose 188m above Bridge St, where it was about 17m above mean sea level. They now measure what will be its new height from the site’s lowest point on Young St (behind the AMP Building) - 216m at 3m above mean sea level. So it will be 14m taller overall, 219m vs 205m.

Last edited:
They demolished the northern third of the tower back to the core. Plus lopped a bit off the top. Then extended the core and the floorplates northwards to create the asymmetric look, as well as adding new floors atop.

The old building rose 188m above Bridge St, where it was about 17m above mean sea level. They now measure what will be its new height from the site’s lowest point on Young St (behind the AMP Building) - 216m at 3m above mean sea level. So it will be 14m taller overall, 219m vs 205m.

Wow. Extraordinary!

It'd look better with hovercars.....I notice they don't show the cannibals who live in permanent darkness deep underground...

Just hope that any injury recovery facilities will be state of the art . Probably have some reasonable recovery equipment already but there are some very advanced recovery and healing facilities out there now and a necessity really to keep up to speed with the clubs that already have these .

So also the classification of Brookie as a public park area will be altered or modified if all of these proposed developments and upgrades come to reality ?

Taken today:
AE68BDCF-1728-4B2C-B4E0-EBBB40776048.jpeg

A Sea Kookaburra:
0D597863-4BDF-4D5C-815A-86497D1859DE.jpeg

9A3A7B1F-15C2-4766-9260-7DA6E4220FEE.jpeg
B5236057-3CD0-49E0-96D6-38ED37013D91.jpeg
4BBCEDEA-65E2-4B85-B266-3A957675734A.jpeg
7AC15E1B-1E8D-4BC9-8786-C47B672B4F65.jpeg
7F341E96-AA24-440E-B72C-2B91A79933F8.jpeg
560D6297-FCC6-40A8-BF9D-C2B8E8997238.jpeg

See any asbestos ?? What about the Brookie Hobo ? is he still sleeping rough under the Fulton Menzies stand ?

Terry. I am very disappointed in you. I always have your back. Why couldnt you have broken in and got some up close shots mate, you know got some real dirty shots for us men and women of the Silvertails super site...:giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle::giggle:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4