Sea Eagles ready to fly with new Centre of Excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
i'd love to see that, but im guessing we'd be lucky to get 20,000 seats.
The master plan has 19,000 seating for the total new Brookie Oval (it's something but probably a few thousand short).The council in the last 5 years had the ground capped at 18,000 down from 23,000 (or 21k more realistically) from 10+ years ago.

Whats the chance this is at the back of brookie?
Screenshot_20201208-082659_Instagram.jpg

Yes, the current NSW Government has been far more proactive than previous Labor governments when it comes to infrastructure projects. Their particular success are the light rail and the trams in the CBD. So it's a big tick from me in general.
However, it seems to take Government-related projects much longer and at much greater expense than they budget/schedule.
On the Northern Beaches the roadworks around the Northern Beaches Hospital took 18-months longer than originally touted, and now the upgrade to Mona Vale Road is moving at a snails pace. Almost every time I drive on this road there a tens of millions of dollars worth of machinery idle and no workers. I'm not sure if it's a union issue whereby they schedule work at night to get double time, or they are having breakfast, brunch, lunch and afternoon tea breaks whenever I travel.
While we live in the lucky country we could certainly learn a thing or too about work practices.
The Mona Vale Rd section from Tumbledown Dick to Ingleside is not officially under construction. Is that the section you’re referring to TW?

At the moment, that section is taking fill from the eastern section (down to Mona Vale) to build up the widened road base prior to contracts being let for its eventual construction.

The Mona Vale Rd section from Tumbledown Dick to Ingleside is not officially under construction. Is that the section you’re referring to TW?

At the moment, that section is taking fill from the eastern section (down to Mona Vale) to build up the widened road base prior to contracts being let for its eventual construction.
Also hospital road took ages because one of the contractors went bust...

This is at Bilgola. Apparently unlicensed tradies were cleaning up asbestos from a roof and contaminated 8-10 houses in the vicinity...
Let's hope they are not moonlighting at Brookie!
I hope the cops caught these idiots and charge them and the business they work for.

Unfortunately the government only allocated funding for business cases for the renewal of venues at Brookvale and Penrith.
Guess that is still something of a positive step , multi purpose , community type stadiums seems to be the preferred model and to secure a really good standard of complex . Even some very costly undertakings such as the new Townsville stadium and Suncorp require this function despite R L being the main sporting consideration for their use .

My comment is a general one; it seems the progress along the length of the upgrade is slower than I would anticipate, and more often than not when I use Mona Vale Road there is little work happening and a lot of expensive machinery remaining idle. I put much of this down to the the power of the Unions and Health & Safety rules. Why work during the heat of the day when you can get double time for working once night falls?

Jeez I'd wish it went all the way around , and looked professional though, than piecemeal leggo....I know that's naive, and probably negative, but you'll have this amazing section one end, the sides and other end like a 70's remake of Herbie The Love Bug, then a hill that looks like your every day, unkept local park.

Sorry to complain, but come on, do it properly, not patches.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
4 3 1 28 6
3 2 1 10 6
4 2 2 39 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2