Sea Eagles ready to fly with new Centre of Excellence

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Jeez I'd wish it went all the way around , and looked professional though, than piecemeal leggo....I know that's naive, and probably negative, but you'll have this amazing section one end, the sides and other end like a 70's remake of Herbie The Love Bug, then a hill that looks like your every day, unkept local park.

Sorry to complain, but come on, do it properly, not patches.
Know what you mean, Ryan, but it's still exciting that something is happening after years of promises and neglect. And if the State government comes through, we might end up with something a little more consistent.

Jeez I'd wish it went all the way around , and looked professional though, than piecemeal leggo....I know that's naive, and probably negative, but you'll have this amazing section one end, the sides and other end like a 70's remake of Herbie The Love Bug, then a hill that looks like your every day, unkept local park.

It will come it time, politics is a funny game

That's character and evolved growth ... history in each stage ... a patch work to be proud of

unlike the antiseptic soul-less cake tin the foul Parra fans get every 30 years ...

@The Wheel

Funny story , I actually had a dream about you last night ( why I don’t know ).

But we were in a box at a new 25,000 seat stadium at Brookvale.

And we had VIP Name tags giving us free grog.

Serious , I woke up and thought , WTF!!!

Naturally I’d prefer dreams about my little friend Eugenie but try as I must all I got was you , beers and Brooky !!

@The Wheel

Funny story , I actually had a dream about you last night ( why I don’t know ).

But we were in a box at a new 25,000 seat stadium at Brookvale.

And we had VIP Name tags giving us free grog.

Serious , I woke up and thought , WTF!!!

Naturally I’d prefer dreams about my little friend Eugenie but try as I must all I got was you , beers and Brooky !!
Now I am getting worried.....

I like the sound of free grog though!!

If we are having a case study done for a whole new stadium will the Centre of excellence then have to be knocked down to build the stadium from the ground up?

The tigers r complaining that the govt won't fund 3 stadiums for them.
Give me a break. How about Tigers actually decide on one home ground and what they stand for.
Not only that, they still train at Concord, so that's four Stadiums they're involved in.

The tigers r complaining that the govt won't fund 3 stadiums for them.
Give me a break. How about Tigers actually decide on one home ground and what they stand for.
are they still training at concord oval? They should demand that ground is upgraded too.

edit: Peter C beat me to it

Last edited:
Not only that, they still train at Concord, so that's four Stadiums they're involved in.
An upgraded concord as their sole home ground isn't such a bad idea. It is walkable to Burwood station, close to Parramatta Rd and Concord Rd - more central than their other grounds. It'll never happen though.

That's character and evolved growth ... history in each stage ... a patch work to be proud of

unlike the antiseptic soul-less cake tin the foul Parra fans get every 30 years ...
That and the fact that money is always a determining factor.

As Frank Stanton himself told me back in June ‘95, as we gazed over the ground (and I asked him when we could see further improvements) from the brand new KA Stand - “It all takes money”.

There is also an increasing push on to recycle post-War structures, not just tear them down holus bolus, in a bid to reduce carbon emissions (i.e. reducing concrete consumption). The Quay Quarter tower, formerly the AMP Centre, is a classic partial demolition/rebuild effort.

Before:
41EDFB60-014F-4881-A11D-76FB07DED486.jpeg

Recently (on Flickr):

1945E6A0-9858-48D9-BD7F-83583A913252.jpeg

You can do a lot with a simple cantilevered-roof design stand like the old ones at Brookvale, as they have already proven.

I am yet to be convinced Parramatta needed a complete knockdown/rebuild within 35 years of the previous stadium’s construction.

Last edited:
There are several stadiums around the world that have hotel rooms that back onto a venue and form part of a grandstand. Adelaide Oval has one such recent addition.
I recall visiting Rogers Stadium in Toronto where you could rent a room, at a premium price, and watch the baseball from your balcony. I'm told that one television coverage caught more than they expected when they panned on one such room.
I see nothing wrong with having a hotel -- or apartments -- forming one side of a large grandstand.

There are several stadiums around the world that have hotel rooms that back onto a venue and form part of a grandstand. Adelaide Oval has one such recent addition.
I recall visiting Rogers Stadium in Toronto where you could rent a room, at a premium price, and watch the baseball from your balcony. I'm told that one television coverage caught more than they expected when they panned on one such room.
I see nothing wrong with having a hotel -- or apartments -- forming one side of a large grandstand.
There’s a hotel pretty much on the racetrack at Bathurst

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8