Sea Eagles Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
OK, all jokes aside.....Can someone tell me why we , as members, cant call a meeting of the club executive to explain WTF is going on....by that I mean Penn and Kelly.
We have 10,000 passionate members, many more who don't part with the cash....But why has our culture, the culture we admire and part with our hard earned for, changed. Why should I buy a new jersey...Why should I sign up again next year...What are the current owner and his cronies going to give me in return for being loyal.

Because most people aren't hard core fans and wouldn't be bothered going anyway. The owners can do what ever they ****en like and not tell us a thing. They have already told us their plans. Given the recent track record would you believe anything they said anyway? Not sure I would. Agree though they could definitely be doing a much better job engaging with their customers

Been member since 2007 Country Wings or whatever 3 game membership is. Haven't renewed this year and I doubt i will. Disillusioned with the way this club is run and they give me no hope that things will change anytime soon. Money is tight and I don't have enough to waste on this disaster. Have only watched the Storm game on TV and unlikely I'll be watching too many more this year unless we have a team that shows they are committed to the cause

Most likely won't be renewing my membership next year. I can't believe how quickly our club has fallen to ****, I no longer feel a part of the club anymore, nor do I feel like the club actually gives a **** about any of us fans. I'm absolutely filthy and honestly haven't felt so depressed about this club since we merged with the bears...

OK, all jokes aside.....Can someone tell me why we , as members, cant call a meeting of the club executive to explain WTF is going on....by that I mean Penn and Kelly.
'Members'?
Are you joking?
You bought a ticket package, that's all. Members can't call a meeting of the club executive.

Five year member FC and MWSE, ill be renewing the FC next year but things will have to change before i resigned my ticket membership, and i dont mean the coach.

'Members'?
Are you joking?
You bought a ticket package, that's all. Members can't call a meeting of the club executive.
No joke really,
So I bought I ticket package, is that what you are saying. I thought I bought membership to my club...may as well just go to Ticketek then.
Is it in the constitution that ticket holders cant call on the club executive to explain why I should buy more tickets next year??

I am a member in order to support our club.

No person is bigger than the club and as much as I dislike the way some people having been operating of late I will not punish the club.

Cutting your nose off to spite your face is a poor protest IMO.

I've renewed this year and can't see why I won't renew next year. I had my doubts about the Penn's from the start, and it appears those doubts had some basis, however I believe there are other ways to voice my disapproval. Everyone is entitled to their own course of action and I respect everyone's decision. However, if in five years, the NRL remove our license, or re-locate us, citing poor attendance and membership, don't complain you've been hard done by, as you've contributed to the issue. I said the same thing to a number of Souths supporters years ago who proudly told all and sundry they marched to have Souths re-admitted. When I asked how many games did you attend, or membership packages did you buy, in the years preceding the clubs removal, the answer from all of them was zero. The very same thing could happen to Manly, however I doubt there would be any fairy tale re-entry story at the end.

@Frogz the short answer is no, when you buy a 'membership' package each year for Sea Eagles you are buying ticket entitlements and certain other benefits, but you have no right to vote or call a meeting of the club executive.

The original Manly Warringah Sea Eagles was run by the District Football Club. Many here are members of that club, and there are voting rights after a qualification period. The Football Club has representation on the Sea Eagles board, but since Penn became majority owner he controls the board and what Penn says, goes.

Personally I am not as convinced as most people here that the Sea Eagles are on the wrong track. Time will tell, meanwhile we follow a team that is privately owned, like it or not.

In the end people will vote with there feet (which they already have in the context of the whole NRL).

I think one of the biggest issues is that we all feel we are in the dark. We managed to lose 2 international forwards and our 2 star halves in 6 months, and now potentially 3 sponsors.

All we hear in response is: " we are exploring our options" and "we are planning for the future".

Communication is key in any organisation and kelly seems to be devoid of it.

In the end people will vote with there feet (which they already have in the context of the whole NRL).

I think one of the biggest issues is that we all feel we are in the dark. We managed to lose 2 international forwards and our 2 star halves in 6 months, and now potentially 3 sponsors.

All we hear in response is: " we are exploring our options" and "we are planning for the future".

Communication is key in any organisation and kelly seems to be devoid of it.

I think you are right Eagles2nv...absolutely feel like we have lost any contact that we may have had with our team. They seem so distant and there is no light at the end of the tunnel.

I also agree with what SER8 says above in a way. Hard to know what direction we are headed and what they have planned for our future...Just gotta hope that its the same direction that us fans are after.

@Frogz

Personally I am not as convinced as most people here that the Sea Eagles are on the wrong track. Time will tell, meanwhile we follow a team that is privately owned, like it or not.

I sort of agree, there must be a method to this madness ( for example what Gould did to the Panthers), do you care to share your views as to why you think they are on the right track??

I'm sticking solid with the club. I have been a footy club member and buy my yearly Sea Eagles membership.

While I don't agree with the BS that's gone on I couldn't support another club or code. I haven't renewed my foxtel so I don't watch as many games as my interest has waned but that could change depending what positives the club comes up with.

So far, I'm not sold on the Penns and especially the pie eating greek who seems to be the common demoninator in all the **** ups.

We could be worse off, remember the team of players like Luke Dorn, Squasher etc etc ......

Rugby league in general is getting a bit tiresome to watch but with the new interchange rules things might change.

I've renewed this year and can't see why I won't renew next year. I had my doubts about the Penn's from the start, and it appears those doubts had some basis, however I believe there are other ways to voice my disapproval. Everyone is entitled to their own course of action and I respect everyone's decision. However, if in five years, the NRL remove our license, or re-locate us, citing poor attendance and membership, don't complain you've been hard done by, as you've contributed to the issue. I said the same thing to a number of Souths supporters years ago who proudly told all and sundry they marched to have Souths re-admitted. When I asked how many games did you attend, or membership packages did you buy, in the years preceding the clubs removal, the answer from all of them was zero. The very same thing could happen to Manly, however I doubt there would be any fairy tale re-entry story at the end.
I have to agree with Mosto on this one, I as a Manly supporter have enjoyed the success the club has achieved over the past 50 years for me , since 1966, OK the club is going through a difficult period at the moment, we've had an udesirable start to the season, some due to bad luck with injuries and some due the form of players,
We knew we would struggle this year, due to the ageing of some players and lack of depth in our forwards, world class forwards do not grow on trees, we lost three ageing forwards from last year, and in their final year with us they hardly set the world on fire.
The way Foran has played over the past year does not justify paying him $400,000, let alone 1.2 million, shame we are losing Cherry though, still $1 million is a lot.
We have been so used to success that we can't accept mediocrity,no matter how brief it may be, look at Cronulla, mediocre for decades, look at Norths, gone, and it took an almost extinction to revive Souths,without my club I cannot follow rugby league, but I will always never give up on Manly, that's why I will gladly renew my season membership.

I usually get a season GA membership but this season only bought a 3 game pass because I have a young Bub. I wanted a 6 game pass but they don't do that one anymore. Will I renew? Probably because of Ballin, Matai, Lyon, Snake & some of young guns but if Tooves is punted I will think long & hard.

@Frogz the short answer is no, when you buy a 'membership' package each year for Sea Eagles you are buying ticket entitlements and certain other benefits, but you have no right to vote or call a meeting of the club executive.

The original Manly Warringah Sea Eagles was run by the District Football Club. Many here are members of that club, and there are voting rights after a qualification period. The Football Club has representation on the Sea Eagles board, but since Penn became majority owner he controls the board and what Penn says, goes.

I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't start judging the management of the club until we see next years roster. At the end of the day the regular consensus from most on these forums is that its a good thing we didn't pay 2.4mil for a pair of halves. You can't lambast them for letting them go but also think we shouldn't have re-signed them for that money. They chased the $$$$ now we have money. Give the club some faith and see what our roster looks like with an extra 2.5mil spent. Personally I'd like a big dominant forward pack and if they can deliver me that then they I will have considered this year a normal dip that clubs all across the league go through. We've been royally screwed in a few situations but I think it's naïve to blame it all on the club management.

I'd also like to show the same loyalty to the Turbos, buhrer and the other young kids coming through that has been shown to our older guys. They deserve to be supported. Just because we aren't as successful doesn't mean they aren't putting in just as much. The effort is there from some of those younger guys that the team will be built around for years to come.

If you don't renew.....your 'years as a member' gets restarted and you miss out on your milestone badges!!!!!!!

That said, not renewing until there is at least 4 games on the west coast of Canada. Seems reasonable!

I'm of the opinion that we shouldn't start judging the management of the club until we see next years roster. At the end of the day the regular consensus from most on these forums is that its a good thing we didn't pay 2.4mil for a pair of halves. You can't lambast them for letting them go but also think we shouldn't have re-signed them for that money. They chased the $$$$ now we have money. Give the club some faith and see what our roster looks like with an extra 2.5mil spent. Personally I'd like a big dominant forward pack and if they can deliver me that then they I will have considered this year a normal dip that clubs all across the league go through. We've been royally screwed in a few situations but I think it's naïve to blame it all on the club management.

I'd also like to show the same loyalty to the Turbos, buhrer and the other young kids coming through that has been shown to our older guys. They deserve to be supported. Just because we aren't as successful doesn't mean they aren't putting in just as much. The effort is there from some of those younger guys that the team will be built around for years to come.

If we have 2.5 million then I don't see to much problem with spending good money to retain one of the halves and still having 1.5 million to splash on our pack. ?
Throw in a couple of TPA's and we'd be good to go....no need for major rebuild.

I sort of agree, there must be a method to this madness ( for example what Gould did to the Panthers), do you care to share your views as to why you think they are on the right track??
I don't think they are on the right track, but I think they might be, whereas the prevailing wailing is to the effect everything has gone to hell.

Consider for a moment. Gift on a high contract was a risk we were entitled to decline, especially given his injury history in recent years.

Every era comes to an end one way or another. One way would be to hang on to club legends as long as possible, with a group of players getting older, less athletic, and more powerful as a force within the club. And risk holding on a season too long. Not a nice way to go.

Another way would be to bite the bullet and proactively initiate regeneration. Watmough leaving may not have been part of the original plan but it has it's advantages, especially in light of how outspoken he became.

Foran. Great player, the right age, but wrong attitude. For whatever reason, he has been equivocal about staying on more than one occasion. Is that who we want to build a whole new team around?
If he came a bit cheaper, I'd say maybe, but he doesn't come cheap, he's as expensive as they come.

DCE. Great player, unique talent. And a marketing dream. Maybe. Has he ever truly been a team man off the field? I don't know. Maybe he has. But equally he may have some divisive baggage. We could build a new team around him, but probably only if we got rid of more Manly legends. And his cost is also astronomical. Reasonable to part ways, certainly.

So our team is changing. Nearly every year we struggle to some extent in the first few rounds. I don't see the losses we've had as necessarily condemning us to a feeble season. I'd be more surprised if we don't bounce back and gain strength as the season goes on. Top 4? Doubt it, but I still expect top 8.

Is Tooves being nudged sideways? Are the Angels less of a priority? Can't really comment on these things, except to say I liked the Brookie redevelopment plans, and if they make that happen then that's a huge plus for Manly's future.

I'm still very interested in where this season will lead us. Maybe we're derailed and there's no coming back, but I'm not convinced of that yet. Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you like.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised more Manly fans are not cock-eyed optimists. With all the success our club has had, it almost seems ungracious to be depressed about some minor setbacks.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2