Sea Eagles Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Ryan

Journey Man
Hi guys. Apart from the bleeding obvious (cold hard loyalty we all on this website have in abundance), what is the club currently doing to inspire you to acquire future membership?

What is there, that is currently being output by this club of ours (management, ownership, media, public relations, comfort at Brooky Oval, value for money etc), that is connecting with you, so that you invest your goodwill into the team?

Lastly, in your reply. Are you a member? Would/Are you reconsidering your membership?

For mine, it is basically this simple. The past. The current is so terribly bad, all I feel is apathy. As a sponsor said recently, we aren't a family club anymore. There is no passion in the team. The usual off field crap is in abundance.

Will I reconsider my membership though? Probably not, but I'd like to say I will.

I renewed my families season seats again this year out of blind loyalty for the "cause". However, the club has alienated my family and I this season with a number of decisions from players and management. Jury is out on whether we will renew at the end of this year. At this stage will probably not be renewing our season seats. I am not feeling the "love".

Been a member for 10 years, may or may not continue in 2016.

I think we are just customers today, part of the revenue stream and in essence we rank fairly low behind the NRL and sponsors.

The loss of say 2000 members in the overall scheme of things would not even create a blip on the radar.

The " disconnect" many of us feel from the game itself won't help their cause.

On field results wont sway me either way, dialogue regarding the future ( and not fancy pie in the sky fluff) probably would .

I'll wait for a letter in the mail sometime but probably won't lose too much sleep if it never arrives as that's my expectation.

I'm a member but the last time I saw a Manly game was 1978.
I now live in Darwin & see the odd trial game up here.
So, other than the Ball cap & sticker etc each year, it's only love of the team that keeps me paying up.
What a mug, I am.:)

I will keep my Try seat whilst Brookie holds the games. Love the live Manly games, no matter who wears the jersey.:inlove:
Although I hate the no `hoops of victory` jerseys :mad:

The Management does not affect the Team, as far as playing to win or not (apart from Foz) IMO@:cool:

Manly is my district Club and its managers are not in my power to change anymore. So I`ll continue till Manly exists as a sole entity:)

Interesting you raise this Ryan. The club is disgusting me at the moment.
The memberships I'd get are Country Wings. We are going to the Melbourne game on Anzac Day 'cause we'll be down there and so we need to decide soon. I just keep going back and forth as to whether to give them $300 or not.
I know it gets us two other games (which we'll probably go to in any case) but I'm so disgusted with the way this club is being run (halves lost, Mary sacked, sponsors lost, Eagles Angels snubbed, Tooves whiteanted ... the list is sadly endless) that I think I'd rather support the boys and the jumper and not The Management.

FYI on merch - I was in Chatswood Rebel the other day and grabbed a current training top for $25 and they had kids jerseys for $50. Not sure if other stores are selling off stuff already but if you're near a store pop in coz you might grab a bargain.

I am a member and have been since 2008. Won't be renewing next year. I only go to then games nw because it's a waste of my money if I dont. While we have complete idiots ruining our club I refuse to give them my money. There are 10 in my family and close knit group that are also of the same opinion. So there is 11 less next year. Yes I will still watch games but from the pleasure of my lounge room where it is free.
I will only re join if Penn's are bought out and Joe Kelly leaves.
Unfortunately it is the players who will suffer because how embarrassing for them playing in front of a crowd of none. 10,000 fans at a game is already bad enough and that is from both teams playing! Next year will only be worse.

We the fans need to protest or hold signs high for the Penn's to see and for it to be televised that we are not happy with what they are doing.
Why don't we all get a syndicate together and buy them out? Then the club goes back to the fans. Not some privatised owner who has no idea about loyalty, fans, honesty and respect. They only know how to put $$ into their own pockets.

Interesting you raise this Ryan. The club is disgusting me at the moment.
The memberships I'd get are Country Wings. We are going to the Melbourne game on Anzac Day 'cause we'll be down there and so we need to decide soon. I just keep going back and forth as to whether to give them $300 or not.
I know it gets us two other games (which we'll probably go to in any case) but I'm so disgusted with the way this club is being run (halves lost, Mary sacked, sponsors lost, Eagles Angels snubbed, Tooves whiteanted ... the list is sadly endless) that I think I'd rather support the boys and the jumper and not The Management.
I'm with you

I normally renew just before the season starts. I haven't renewed yet but I will basically to keep the membership running. I haven't been to a match yet this year and I probably would have been to at least 2 if not for all of off field stuff. I will probably get to a few at some point during the year.

I sat out the Northern Eagles years in protest against the merger. It feels a bit the same. Just not connected to the team any more, or in fact to the sport.

Long term member. I have purchased every jersey released for the last 3 season plus hundreds of dollars for other merchandise.

This year is likely to be my last as a member and I am unlikely to buy any jerseys this year, maybe I will grab the ANZAC one but that has more to do with the significance of the event than my support for the team.

I am going to Albury next week to cheer on Lyon, Stewart, Ballin and Matai while i still can but have basically lost all interest in watching the team, haven't watched a full match so far this season. Wont watch any of tonights game, probably check on the score a few times.

Its not just the Manly issues either, losing Foz and DCE doesn't really worry me as they are not, and never will be, part of our fabric. The loss of Kite, Choc and Glenn saddens me much more.

The NRL are killing the game, the video ref is the main issue, why not either

1) abolish it altogether
or
2) have a panel of 15 video refs who all get one vote and then they could go with a consensus decision.

Haven't renewed since Hasler left. That was a huge **** up the way that saga was handled and its been downhill from management since then

Im a member but i only get the supporters membership as i cant to get to a lot of games so just purchase tickets to the games i can get to with the discount of being a member . and to receive the member only merchandise which i am proud to wear . But it does make one think with how the board of late acts and makes there decisions should i feed them my cash . but i have been a manly supporter for over 40 years and will continue to do so . but as you ask Ryan about the connection to the club i don't have that as much as the fans that get to every game so i dont feel that disconnection even though im a manly fan through and through . It seems to loose that connection more and more as it all becomes just a business and as Mark always says we are customers and it feels that way . but i don't take it that personal and i support and cheer whatever team takes the field with my members cap on. Will i renew again next year most likely

/clubWhat pull do we have as members, to request/ask management..i.e. Penn and Kelly to attend a meeting to address the members concerns about how our team is going. They tell us, as do the NRL how important members are, well how about stepping up to the mark and showing us its true.
If management give a toss, speak to us.

Im a member but i only get the supporters membership as i cant to get to a lot of games so just purchase tickets to the games i can get to with the discount of being a member . and to receive the member only merchandise which i am proud to wear . But it does make one think with how the board of late acts and makes there decisions should i feed them my cash . but i have been a manly supporter for over 40 years and will continue to do so . but as you ask Ryan about the connection to the club i don't have that as much as the fans that get to every game so i dont feel that disconnection even though im a manly fan through and through . It seems to loose that connection more and more as it all becomes just a business and as Mark always says we are customers and it feels that way . but i don't take it that personal and i support and cheer whatever team takes the field with my members cap on. Will i renew again next year most likely

Onya @Fibro Eagle

/clubWhat pull do we have as members, to request/ask management..i.e. Penn and Kelly to attend a meeting to address the members concerns about how our team is going. They tell us, as do the NRL how important members are, well how about stepping up to the mark and showing us its true.
If management give a toss, speak to us.

Chances of that ZERO!!!

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8