Sea Eagles Membership

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I don't think they are on the right track, but I think they might be, whereas the prevailing wailing is to the effect everything has gone to hell.

Consider for a moment. Gift on a high contract was a risk we were entitled to decline, especially given his injury history in recent years.

Every era comes to an end one way or another. One way would be to hang on to club legends as long as possible, with a group of players getting older, less athletic, and more powerful as a force within the club. And risk holding on a season too long. Not a nice way to go.

Another way would be to bite the bullet and proactively initiate regeneration. Watmough leaving may not have been part of the original plan but it has it's advantages, especially in light of how outspoken he became.

Foran. Great player, the right age, but wrong attitude. For whatever reason, he has been equivocal about staying on more than one occasion. Is that who we want to build a whole new team around?
If he came a bit cheaper, I'd say maybe, but he doesn't come cheap, he's as expensive as they come.

DCE. Great player, unique talent. And a marketing dream. Maybe. Has he ever truly been a team man off the field? I don't know. Maybe he has. But equally he may have some divisive baggage. We could build a new team around him, but probably only if we got rid of more Manly legends. And his cost is also astronomical. Reasonable to part ways, certainly.

So our team is changing. Nearly every year we struggle to some extent in the first few rounds. I don't see the losses we've had as necessarily condemning us to a feeble season. I'd be more surprised if we don't bounce back and gain strength as the season goes on. Top 4? Doubt it, but I still expect top 8.

Is Tooves being nudged sideways? Are the Angels less of a priority? Can't really comment on these things, except to say I liked the Brookie redevelopment plans, and if they make that happen then that's a huge plus for Manly's future.

I'm still very interested in where this season will lead us. Maybe we're derailed and there's no coming back, but I'm not convinced of that yet. Call me a cock-eyed optimist if you like.

Come to think of it, I'm surprised more Manly fans are not cock-eyed optimists. With all the success our club has had, it almost seems ungracious to be depressed about some minor setbacks.

All good comments, and I guess only time will tell if you are on the right track or not .

Parts of this I somewhat agree with, although I am still disappointed at the seemingly lack of direction being shown and shared with their customers ( and assume the sponsors would be in the dark as well).

A good start would be a decent signing for 2016, even if it was a up and comer.

As it stands we are pretty short on troops for 2015, if nothing happens we might be a tad light on to even get a decent team on the paddock in 2016, but I guess time will tell.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4