Sea Eagles $10M deal to keep Trbojevics

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.

Mitch

Bencher
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...c/news-story/8ef5f60a383aaa8948b573cba201f028

Manly have revved up an audacious plan to lock down NSW Origin brothers Tom and Jake Trbojevic to a $10 million package deal.

Less than 48 hours before the Origin decider, The Daily Telegraph can reveal the Eagles are in talks to re-sign their Blues brothers before rival clubs have a chance to poach them from November 1.

Insiders suggest Tom would be worth a little more than $1 million a season, while Jake would attract a touch under $1 million a year.

It is understood Manly are discussing four or five-year deals for both.

The local juniors are off contract after next season but are on the open mark from November 1 and Manly are desperate to lock them up before cashed-up rival clubs start to circle.

The Daily Telegraph understands Manly coach Des Hasler, who Tom and Jake respect enormously, is driving the negotiations with SFX Sports Group, which manages all three.

Manly co-owner and chairman Scott Penn has spoken of his desire to make the local juniors “one-club players”.

They are an integral part of the club,” Penn said from New York, where he spends half the year on business.

“They are Manly juniors and we would love them to be one-club players.

“We will not be playing our strategy out in public but rest assured they will be treated with the respect they deserve.”

Jake and Tom enjoyed a weekend with family and friends on Sydney’s northern beaches before arriving back in NSW camp at Sydney Olympic Park on Sunday night.

The Trbojevics and their teammates were joined by NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian on Monday as she toured the Blues’ centre of excellence.

Ms Berejiklian met with Blues coach Brad Fittler and spent time with players David Klemmer and Cameron Murray in the gym before getting back to work.

Jake was man of the match in NSW’s series-levelling win against Queensland in Perth, while Tom scored three tries.

The Trbojevics have said they would accept less money to stay at Manly but the Sea Eagles know the brothers could be lured away by massive offers.

One source close to the negotiations said: “They would only leave if a club paid way overs.

“If say a Parramatta or Canterbury offered $1.4 million a year for either, it would be difficult to say no.

“They don’t want to go anywhere but money talks. They are two players you could build a team around. A club like Canterbury would be desperate to sign them.”

There are also suggestions the pair may have to play for different clubs to maximise their earning capacity.

“You’ve got to look at everything, I guess, but we love playing together, so ideally you want to stay together,” Jake told Fox Sports.

“You never know what happens in footy. The Stewart brothers (Glenn and Brett), you wouldn’t have thought they would have to separate, but it’s the nature of the game with the salary cap and so on.

“Hopefully it doesn’t come to that. I’d love to stay there (at Manly). But we’ve got another year and a half, so I haven’t even thought about it really.”

A little off subject but Paul Kent should be Paul Kunt

He is such a drama queen and a doomsday merchant

The boys will be ours for sure and will not wreck the club in costs anywhere except the media

I'm glad some of you guys aren't handling MY money.

All 3 of the brothers are going nowhere! There is no need to throw huge money at them that we cannot afford.

They will not be swayed by "huge" offers to move or split up. their family and friends would ostracise them, and i'm sure all 3 WANT to stay enough.

They have cool heads around them who want them at Manly and will make sure the boys become 1 team players; family, Des and all the other "Manly guys" will ensure that without breaking our bank.

I’m sure the contracts will be back ended I just really hope we don’t end up like we did last time with the back ended contracts under des !!

In theory, the back-ending of contracts is used for extrapolating when players will reach their "move them along" stage of their career toward the end of the said back-ended contract.
A players perceived market value via years of high performance has grown unproportionatley to their actual value for the years to come is the prime factor in the back-ending equation.

There have been very few players who have defied this rationale with BK and Jamie Lyon being very rare exceptions.

The Stewart brothers are a perfect example of the gamble clubs make on when a great player's career is closing and moving them on for the best monetary gain. It' a tough business!

Des has never had his contracting plan/vision run full circle before he has moved on... for whatever reason.
i have full faith that if let run due course that Des has the smarts to manage a roster better than anyone else who abides by the salary cap rules.

The 3 turbos contracts will not be back-ended as they will be willing 1 team players and will be paid according to salary cap viability. If you think the legend Bozo doesn't have his hand in this pie you are dreaming.

Everybody who knows anything: We're not discussing contracts right now and we certainly wont discuss them with the media.
Media: But we have column inches to fill and Manly are going well, lets do our usual trick!
Drunk Phil: Don't forget I have to add the bit about the Penn's selling Manly in every article!
ST: And with every mention lets make a new thread so everyone can post the same things over and over again.
Outline: Maybe it'll work, most likely it wont.

If say a Parramatta or Canterbury offered $1.4 million a year for either, it would be difficult to say no.

What a stupid statement. Of course, any player will sign if offered a contract like that but I don't think even Parra are that stupid.
The elite players are reported to be on a million, so now there will be offers of 40% over that.
Around that million should see their manager happy enough.
The Turbos would be over the moon being paid that for a club they love.

Side question.

Is there now a head coach salary cap? I know there is some cap on football operations and I suppose the head coach comes into that equation.

My dodgy brothers query is this. Say TT and Jake were offered big overs by Bulldogs. Could the head coach who would be on a very healthy contract get a lovely pay rise say 600 grand plus the tax liability on that and then brown paper bag it to the players? Far fetched I know but the coaching dept are not part of the main cap. If the coach wanted to win and only the people in the know were in the know it could work.

$10mil over 5 years. The Rorters have double that in loose change. Watch rich uncle nick throw an offer too good to refuse at them. Either them ,the Canterbury leagues club mafia or the donkeys slush fund.

Side question.

Is there now a head coach salary cap? I know there is some cap on football operations and I suppose the head coach comes into that equation.

My dodgy brothers query is this. Say TT and Jake were offered big overs by Bulldogs. Could the head coach who would be on a very healthy contract get a lovely pay rise say 600 grand plus the tax liability on that and then brown paper bag it to the players? Far fetched I know but the coaching dept are not part of the main cap. If the coach wanted to win and only the people in the know were in the know it could work.

We don't need to, thier dad can drive a garbage truck for 1m a year and we pay unders >:)

A little off subject but Paul Kent should be Paul Kunt

He is such a drama queen and a doomsday merchant

The boys will be ours for sure and will not wreck the club in costs anywhere except the media
Big mouthed toss pot who played one first grade game in his entire career... at halfback for the squeels.

Tries to be relevant by being controversial... I refuse to even watch Fox whenever him or that other bald headed nimwit are any chance of speaking.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4