SBW heading back to Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
What happen to the NRL not registering players signing contracts that don't match what is that players value.
We lost Gift because of this but somehow signing a player for $300,000 that is currently on a contract worth many millions is okay.

Was the Gift situation the only time the NRL actually did this? I don’t remember it happening before or since.

I hope it happens, he would be a downgrade on their current mob I reckon even with Radley out for season

Tell you 1 thing right now....I already have a distinct dislike for Roosters and this, though quite predictable - ices the cake.
If he went to NZ who need to compete and actually have money in the cap would be happy he was back and find it an honourable jesture.
Since 2013 and possibly the biggest rort GF in history, this brings back some hostile memories.
If I detested the Rorters winning the 2020 Gf ....it is now 10 fold....I mean if Manly miss the opportunity to beat them....I officially will cheer on any of the other 14 teams full throttle....and the NRL big wigs should be ashamed with themselves ... battling teams apparently at full cap must feel like the complete whipping boys

What happen to the NRL not registering players signing contracts that don't match what is that players value.
We lost Gift because of this but somehow signing a player for $300,000 that is currently on a contract worth many millions is okay.

Doesnt apply to the roosters.

Its getting beyond a joke really.

Like next year the roosters will have a YouTube channel that shows them reviewing their salary cap 'expemt' BMWs (and make money from those videos which they also keep).

Realistically who would they drop? He’s old, and played 20 mins now and then for the all blacks in recent years. He’ll play for Norths.

Quite like this actually. At least Barrett doesn't get him ... remember when he walked out on the Bulldogs 18 months into a 5 year deal and they only found out after he was on the plane?? Gold. I wish I was a fly one the wall when Todd found out ...

So they get jmoz and now the will get this dog. Sounds fair.
They got JMoz and Kyle Flanagan. Upgraded Manu and Radley end of last season. Chrichton was reported as an 850k signing, Tedesco 1mil, Keary was reported at 750k... then there’s Cordner, sticky asshole, JWH, Tupou, Friend, Verills, BMoz, Aubusson, Liu, Collins, Ryan Hall... the list goes on.

Everyone knows it’s a rort... when are the NRL going to get fair dinkum?

One article I read (maybe the one the op posted) said sbw was on the 'verge' of signing because sbw has 'agreed to consider' playing.

If my house was made outta that type of concrete I'd evacuate in a 2 knot wind.

If it happens...if.... I was wondering if Toronto could use that and not have to have him for their second year (because he has to cancel his esl contract). 5 million was a big chunk o cash for one player for 2 years.

Toronto have gotten all the media hype from his signing so maybe save 5 mill for next year. sbw said that it was going to take time when playing for the wolfpack...and it did. He certainly did not set the game on fire and in fact his first game was him offloading the ball like it was a player the rorters didn't want any more - quickly and desperately.

But... sbw is no dummy so I reckon if he were to return to the nrl, he'd make sure toronto have agreed to re-new his contract for 2021.

Regardless, if he signs for the roosters, we all know it's a rort - but he isn't the footy messiah and seven years ago they still needed shame hayne to get them a gf win.

They got JMoz and Kyle Flanagan. Upgraded Manu and Radley end of last season. Chrichton was reported as an 850k signing, Tedesco 1mil, Keary was reported at 750k... then there’s Cordner, sticky asshole, JWH, Tupou, Friend, Verills, BMoz, Aubusson, Liu, Collins, Ryan Hall... the list goes on.

Everyone knows it’s a rort... when are the NRL going to get fair dinkum?
The unfortunately named Sticky Asshole, what were his parents thinking?

And the raiders have enough in the cap to sign CHN

Just think we would have money in our cap as well if we weren't paying our halfback $1.25m a season

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4