SBW heading back to Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Why would he want to come back?
On a hiding to nothing...has more than enough $...comes back for what 5/6 games ?

If PVL allows the snobreros to sign him then all the credibility he's gained will be lost. Let the Warriors, Dogs, Titans, Cows or Tigers sign him. He's 35 and really only good for publicity for the game but not if he goes to those fuking cheats. Those clubs need him more. How the fuk can they have room when they're clearly a $15mil side.

It actually also wouldn't surprise me if nothing came of this.

His manager is Khoder Nasser, who also managed Anthony Mundine for the bulk of his boxing career.

How many times did we hear about Mundine contemplating coming back to play for Saints (usually when he had a fight coming up & needed to sell tickets)?

Nasser is the ultimate publicity seeker so as soon as talk of Toronto having to quit the ESL for 2020 came out, he's generated publicity around $BW coming back to the Rorters until he figures out the next money making venture.

Brand $BW is Nasser's big meal ticket, so he'll do anything to keep squeezing his % out of him.

Rorters have released a player in their 30 to join the Tigers making room for $BW.

I wonder how many bedrooms his new apartment has?

edit - and they say they want him for next year as well? Usually I'd say that it's going to be hard to match that 5 million from Toronto. But it's uncle nick so....

At least there's no Todd to 'help out by using a captains pick and paying most of the contract'.

So what are the circumstances around his Toronto Wolfpack contract?

I understand they've pulled out of the rest of the ESL season due to COVID & travel restrictions etc. but does that null & void his contract with them?

Are they playing in the ESL next season & if so, why doesnt his contract still apply for then?

Look i really don't know what all the fuss is about? Everything's legit. To be fair SBW has been out of the NRL for quite some time and the rorters have rightly signed him on a development contract which was pre approved by Greenturd last year.

1) Apartment at Bondi
2) Audi R8
3) $50k on the cap

Deal done
Well, an insight into how the Salary Cap can be dealt with is had by listening to a couple of snippets from the the Matty Johns podcast 25 Sep 2019 when he is chatting with John Singleton (available iTunes).

rough transcribes

From 13:15 to 13:45 of his (JS's) relationship with Nick Politis
"Anytime Nick came up with a rule I'd find a way around it to rort the system.....bit like he does with salary caps.....(coughs).....allegedly......(guffaws of laughter).......Nick, as if he would (sarcasm).....aren't they silly they can't anyway...the other clubs......"

and

From 38:10 to 38:40 talking about JS cashing up for Newtown in the early 80's
"started this recruitment program.....were able to get some cash.......Eastern Suburbs style......because it was gifts......if you don't claim it as a tax deduction no one can trace it.......gifts, no one can stop you giving them money now for doing nothing....it's totally legit.....but if I claim it as a tax deduction it's not....so can't be very difficult"

So, it's anyone's guess if that is a true representation of how the cap universe works but it sure does sound likely..........and most clubs just aren't lucky enough to have benefactors whom don't expect any return for their dosh except from results on the field.....

and maybe don't like it but can certainly see the point, i.e. no one should be telling me who I can or can't 'gift' money to either.

Just means the Salary cap is indeed a gigantic farce in the context of what it is meant to achieve........

Last edited:

I understand they've pulled out of the rest of the ESL season due to COVID & travel restrictions etc. but does that null & void his contract with them?

Are they playing in the ESL next season & if so, why doesnt his contract still apply for then?
ESL players association agreed to a 50% pay cut so sbw will have to settle for a measly $2.5M.
Toronto contract still applies, if they participate in the ESL next year SBW will return.

As it stands, players can not have an ESL and NRL contract simultaneously. For sonny to play for the rorters, his contract with Toronto must be cancelled.

Toronto's boss said he is happy to work with any and all loopholes to allow sbw to play in the nrl and the return to the Toronto side.

They pulled out of the season, that doesn't void the contracts and 'the boss' has said their payments are guaranteed by him. - albeit a reduced amount as just like the nrl, wages are now reduced due to the covid-19 fun.

Toronto do plan on playing in the esl next year. The esl bosses have said that there are no relegations so Toronto should be right to go. However the esl are saying that they have responsibilities to their broadcast partner (skysports) and it's disappointing that Toronto have made it difficult for the esl to fulfill those responsibilities (hinting that maybe Toronto shouldn't be given a free pass in the top grade next season for pulling out.)

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8