SBW heading back to Rorters

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It just gets better ......

From the article:

"In any good corporate governance you’ve got to have flexibility," V'landys said on Sunday.

Look everyone... an updated way to say "Consistency is over-rated!"

Stay tuned for the announcement that "All teams are equal, but some teams are more equal than others!"

It's amazing to hear v'lamedays say how big sbw is and how many fans he'll bring to the game and how awesome it is for the nrl to have him playing....

yet

His value is only 400k per year???

OK. I'll accept that the NRL is very keen to get Money Bill back. But if the NRL is serious about an even competition then it should insists he plays for the Worriers.
He is a Kiwi after all, and the Worriers need all the help they can get. The Worriers have allowed this comp to happen with their sacrifices, and the NRL has allowed other clubs to loan them players to enable them to field a team.
The NRL has already bent the rules to allow a club to be competitive. Easts don't need any help but the Worriers do.
PV has lost his lustre over this obvious bias towards the privileged Easts.

I just think the NRL has completely overestimated the interest in Sonny. We've already had 'Sonny Returns to Rugby League' before, I have zero interest in this second coming. I presume most fans are the same, other than Rooster supporters and the media who like to flog a dead horse.

AFB will own him anyway.

V Landry's comments "we will do everything we can to help" is a joke. They have valued him at 400k which works out to be 150k for the 5 games left he will play - the exact amount roosters have left to spend on their salary cap! How fitting?

:eek::eek: Leave roosters alooooone!!!!:eek::eek:

Peter V'landys rubbishes talk of Roosters bias after confirming intention to provide SBW exemption

ARL Commission chairman Peter V'landys has dismissed suggestions that the league has a bias towards the Sydney Roosters after revealing his intentions to allow the club an exemption to sign Sonny Bill Williams.

And of course there will be no bias from the NRL if they change the rules and allow that new millionaire kid to play for Souffs before he turns 18.
If, as PV says, rules are meant to be "flexible" then they are not rules at all, they are suggestions.

so V'landys gone from the Messiah to self appointed God. Well that was short lived.

The adage is "If it looks like a dog, smells like a dog, walks like a dog - pretty good chance it IS A DOG!"

The player gets over a mil a year at Toronto but NRL reckon he's only a $400K a year player - I'm calling BS as that is not fair on any of the other 15 NRL teams.

Last edited:
And of course there will be no bias from the NRL if they change the rules and allow that new millionaire kid to play for Souffs before he turns 18.
If, as PV says, rules are meant to be "flexible" then they are not rules at all, they are suggestions.

How is that fair to all the other development players who potentially are better than this kid..... again I call this a stunt which isn't fair to the other NRL clubs that bring on young talent. Bet if we wanted to play Schuster we couldn't because of his age?

The NRL allowed Morris to be signed by Easts for just $300,000 a season - at least $200,000 less than what the NRL should have deemed his worth at.
Blake Ferguson was valued at the magical 300k as well... then suddenly when they signed both Cronk and Tedesco on million dollar contracts... the had Fergo’s money to play with.

The market value is an absolute crock of sh1t!

If the Rorters win the big one this year with $BW, then it will be won under false pretensions by the 'rorters' literally. As for he'll only play for them, when really he should help the struggling Warriors or even the Dogs, it makes me sick. It's extremely unfair on the other 15 clubs and totally outrageous.

If all this bending of various rules to suit $BW isn't bias, then I don't know what is :mad:

Seen this and pretty funny - yet accurate !!

Wow!! A market value of only 400k after coming off a 10 million dollar contract, only to have it more than halved because he'll only play half a year (150k) which is coincidentally the amount Roostards have left in their cap!
What an amazing and believable set of circumstances

I had hoped things would change but how wrong can I be. Favoritism and ridiculous bunker ruling still a go. Just dump the salary cap altogether it is joke of gigantic proportions. This is just a form of distraction away from the disaster at the Broncos and the failing QLD sides.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4