Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can someone explain to me again Richardsons logic that Sam Burgess not being included under their cap didn't benefit Souths...

State of Origin star Jai Arrow to leave Gold Coast Titans after signing four-year deal with South Sydney
Travis Meyn, EXCLUSIVE, The Courier-Mail
December 24, 2019 1:56pm

The Gold Coast Titans have been dealt a cruel Christmas blow after South Sydney snared Queensland Origin star Jai Arrow on a $3.2 million deal.
News Corp can reveal Arrow has agreed to terms on a four-year contract with the Rabbitohs from 2021 which will see him replace retired English legend Sam Burgess.

Arrow could seek a release from the final year of his Titans contract to join the Rabbitohs immediately for the 2020 season, making it a five-year tenure worth $4 million if the Gold Coast let him go.
Arrow is understood to have informed Titans coach Justin Holbrook and recruitment chief Mal Meninga of his decision to leave the club.

The signing of Arrow is a major blow to the Titans, who will lose arguably their best player after finishing the 2019 season with the wooden spoon.

Jai Arrow is set to join South Sydney Rabbitohs and could be on the move as soon as next year.

Arrow, 24, had a desire to remain at the Titans, but the Rabbitohs presented a compelling pitch and the $800,000-a-season deal proved too good to knock back.

The lure of playing under seven-time premiership winning coach Wayne Bennett, who gave Arrow his NRL debut at the Broncos, and for a proven NRL title contender were decisive factors.

Arrow is desperate to play NRL finals football and the Rabbitohs presented their premiership plans to the four-game Maroons representative.

He will fill the void left by Burgess, who was forced to give away the game at the end of last season due to a shoulder injury.

Well like um..... they totally don't get him until 2021 and will have to wait a whooooooole year before the rort takes place...........................................

I mean that'll give them time to 'medically' retire someone else I guess. So who was that independent doctor again?

Well like um..... they totally don't get him until 2021 and will have to wait a whooooooole year before the rort takes place...........................................

I mean that'll give them time to 'medically' retire someone else I guess. So who was that independent doctor again?

I doubt they’ll have to wait a year. The article already foreshadows that he may ask for a release...

Queensland Origin star Jai Arrow will seek an immediate release from the Gold Coast Titans as South Sydney coach Wayne Bennett revealed his plans for Sam Burgess’ replacement.

Well, as the storm rightly says...only if there's fair compensation Jai ya sack!

Of course he will ask for a release the new contract will be close to triple what he is on.. How does he even fit in at Souths when they already have Cam Murray. They are buying an undersized prop for 800k

Its a fair and even Comp, Greenturd says so OK!!! What a total joke this salary compensation thing has become when clubs like the Vermin have twice benefitted from the benelovence of Greenturd in allowing Inglis and Burgess to be retired without it affecting their cap. We didnt get a cracker for Snake or Stevie and it sucks to see them get away with this!!!

I wonder if Arrow will cop similar flack from the Media and that group of ex QLD players who like to put the stick in, as they did with DCE. Probably not, because he's not coming to Manly. Mind you I agree that the league should be addressing the inequitable arrangement that exists between the have and have not teams in the comp. First step get rid of the salary cap and introduce a points system for players or a draft. This salary cap is a travesty

Its in nobodys best interest that Arrow join the Bunnies.

Id rather the NRL allow the Titans extra cap to keep him on the coast after 2020.

If he doesnt want to play for the Titans in 2020 he should be made stand down for the season, and then not be allowed play rep footy in 2021. There has to be a penalty for breaking a contract.

The clubs and players have to buy into this 100%. But while ever the rich clubs like Roosters, Souths, Bronco's and co are allowed poach contracted players I dont think the players should even bother signing contracts.

Players should just rock up to the team they want to play for each November and be handed their jersey.

Mitchell to the Bunnies is also close to being announced also, so I hear.

News surrounding Latrell Mitchell's future in the NRL has taken another turn with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett ruling out the Origin star from joining South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs re-signed State of Origin half Cody Walker until the end of 2022, while Gold Coast forward Jai Arrow has committed to the club as Sam Burgess' replacement.

It’s just getting funny now, the NRL is just taking the piss out of us every day.

The whole thing is just biased codswallop.

****ing hilarious

Last edited:
News surrounding Latrell Mitchell's future in the NRL has taken another turn with Rabbitohs coach Wayne Bennett ruling out the Origin star from joining South Sydney.

The Rabbitohs re-signed State of Origin half Cody Walker until the end of 2022, while Gold Coast forward Jai Arrow has committed to the club as Sam Burgess' replacement.
As if Bennett has ever told the truth.

Also Wayne Bennett, from May 2019:

...However Bennett said the Rabbitohs have categorically ruled out making a play for Roberts, who is on contract with the Broncos until the end of 2021.

“James won’t be coming to South Sydney, this year or next year,” Bennett said.

One of these guys is going to slip up one day and tell the truth by mistake..... just kidding it happens every day.... so many lies, so much bull**** it must be hard to keep track of.....we should start a new thread NRL Bull****, it'd be longer than the Foran Forum.

Sounds like Jai Arrow has lost his identity. At the Titans he was Jai Arrow, now at Souffs he will always be known as Sam's replacement. I'll go with Sam the 2nd.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4