Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Amazing isn’t it... an insurance company refuses to pay because they deem the injury to be pre-existing (Watmough/Burgess) yet Todd declares it to be a new injury and frees up the Rabbids cap.

So who’s corrupt? The insurance company or the NRL? Because they can’t both be right.
One would think that the fact that this is an infection from his previous surgery, the Insurer would tell Sambo to sue his old Surgeon :nerd:

Any accountants out there that can estimate the difference in tax paid on a 3.6M lump sum vs 360k per year for 10 years?

It would be a fair bit as in one hit he’d incur almost 50% tax, whereas at $360k a year almost half of that is concessional on some respect.

I’m no accountant but I’m guessing he’d save somewhere around $500k doing it that way.

And to be honest , $360k a year isn’t a bad income is it noting that he’d be free to earn in other ways if he chose.

One would think that the fact that this is an infection from his previous surgery, the Insurer would tell Sambo to sue his old Surgeon :nerd:
I don't see why it is any different to any other injury that the surgeons are unable to successfully repair. The infection arose as part of the prescribed treatment for the existing injury.
The only other explanation is that the shoulder injury requiring the surgery that led to the infection was unrelated to all the many previous, well-documented shoulder injuries he had. But surely that can't be correct!

It would be a fair bit as in one hit he’d incur almost 50% tax, whereas at $360k a year almost half of that is concessional on some respect.

I’m no accountant but I’m guessing he’d save somewhere around $500k doing it that way.

And to be honest , $360k a year isn’t a bad income is it noting that he’d be free to earn in other ways if he chose.
Sambo owns some Hipster Burger joint in the Eastern Suburbs with his brothers too. So a lump sum payout would not be financially beneficial as opposed to a regular 360k pa for SFA :nerd:

Sambo owns some Hipster Burger joint in the Eastern Suburbs with his brothers too. So a lump sum payout would not be financially beneficial as opposed to a regular 360k pa for SFA :nerd:

I sold a business once and opted to get the payments over 5 years , purely for the same reason.

It was done with a bank guarantee of course.

Amazing isn’t it... an insurance company refuses to pay because they deem the injury to be pre-existing (Watmough/Burgess) yet Todd declares it to be a new injury and frees up the Rabbids cap.

So who’s corrupt? The insurance company or the NRL? Because they can’t both be right.

Its not hard to figure it out. Watmough, 1nglis, Burgess.....the NRL have been involved in all 3 to the point of even creating what many still believe is a bogus cultural ambassador role for 1nglis to help the process.

For all intents and purposes, they actually allowed the Worms to rort the system to get Watmough medically retired in their efforts to get back under the salary cap after rorting the system in the first place to be over it.

Like I said, its not hard to figure it out.

What media outlets have stated that the insurance company did not pay the claim for Bugess? All the NRL wanted to talk about in regards to the Watmough case was the insurance company had the last say.

What media outlets have stated that the insurance company did not pay the claim for Bugess? All the NRL wanted to talk about in regards to the Watmough case was the insurance company had the last say.
It may take ages to come to an agreement with the insurance company, and that's IF the insurance company agrees as readily as the NRL did regarding his injury, which is unlikely.
However for salary cap purposes, a quick decision has to be made by the NRL as to whether it was a chronic injury or not, it helps if you are a popular club by the look of things.

Well.. I guess we all know now that there is a difference between the shoulder muscles you use playing footy, to the ones you use when you hoist some bikini clad lady up on your shoulders and dance around with her on them while partying on a boat.

#rort

Interesting review of medical retirements - see link but there seems to an anomaly in the approvals? Only two have been declined??

9CE38FC3-B951-43E6-A441-E7E567353CCC.jpeg

Wasn't GI also a medical retirement? Or maybe something else?
If you are on twitter you can read the whole thread by NRL phyiso. He goes into some detail on each of the cases - Skivvi and Snake went through some pain.

Regarding Inglis - allegedly he wasn't medically retired, He retired because injury stopped him performing at a level that met his personal standard. So he forfeited the remainder of his playing contract supposedly, so no penalty to their cap. But his salary for off field role was allegedly included in their cap. Wonder if anyone audited that process ? I'm assuming there is no monitoring of TPA's for non playing staff ...nudge, nudge , wink, wink

Members online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4