Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
I get what you're saying, but its odds on that this is going to go down in pretty much the same way as with 1nglis. Maybe not with bogus ambassador roles, but definitely in that Souffs won't have to carry him in their squad and under the cap like we had to with Stewart and Matai.

The medically retired rort is starting to gain momentum. Now there are reports that Matt Gillett will be medically retired. Last week touted as Brisbane's possible captain, this week he might have to be medically retired.

Funny how this is happening when there are only two days until 1 November when clubs can talk to opposition players out of contract after 2020.....

Exactly.
This is what ****s us over Greenturd's rulings.

His argument when dishing out punishment for cap rorting - ie: alleged third party's arranged by clubs - was that it creates an unfair advantage in that it helps clubs sign or retain a player that they necessarily wouldn't have.

Yet, he can't ( or doesn't want to ) see it with this medically retired stuff.

Exhibit 1 - Watmough
We knew Choc's knees were shot and offered him a two year extension ( pretty much out of goodwill ) - it was reported he wanted three.
Enter Parra offering him a 4 year deal, he agitated for a release, got it and didn't last two seasons at Parra, all in the midst of their salary cap saga. He was then cleared to "medically retire" two seasons early and Parra not take a cap hit.

My counter to that is Parra gained an unfair advantage by dangling the longer contract to lure Choc away when any half decent judge knew he couldn't possibly see out the four years.

To me the Burgess case is similar in that his incumbent club offered the longer deal to retain his services whilst effectively stymieing other clubs from potentially signing him on a shorter deal for more $$$.

I'm no rocket surgeon but if he's had an ongoing shoulder injury that requires repeated surgeries then whatever complications arose from any surgery should be deemed pre-existing.
The infection wouldn't have occurred if he didn't have surgery and the surgery wouldn't have been necessary if there was nothing wrong with the shoulder, yeah?

Who is the best person to email at the NRL to make a comment about this matter (and their email address)?
I feel we should all be making our feelings known about this rort and the injustice done to Manly re Snake and Matai.

Exactly.
This is what ****s us over Greenturd's rulings.

His argument when dishing out punishment for cap rorting - ie: alleged third party's arranged by clubs - was that it creates an unfair advantage in that it helps clubs sign or retain a player that they necessarily wouldn't have.

Yet, he can't ( or doesn't want to ) see it with this medically retired stuff.

Exhibit 1 - Watmough
We knew Choc's knees were shot and offered him a two year extension ( pretty much out of goodwill ) - it was reported he wanted three.
Enter Parra offering him a 4 year deal, he agitated for a release, got it and didn't last two seasons at Parra, all in the midst of their salary cap saga. He was then cleared to "medically retire" two seasons early and Parra not take a cap hit.

My counter to that is Parra gained an unfair advantage by dangling the longer contract to lure Choc away when any half decent judge knew he couldn't possibly see out the four years.

Absolutely, & it wasnt just Choc they took off the market, they used him to convince Foran to defect as well.

Interesting to see how this impacts the Rabbids results as they dropped to 7th in 2015 when he wasn't there.

Plus GI and Luke are also gone :think:

The Toddles run NRL have taken a line out of Animal Farm to use as their mottos.

All clubs are equal but some are more equal than others.

All players are equal but some are more equal than others.

Especially if you're deemed an ornament to the game.
Inglis' hit on Dean Young was the catalyst for change to the no shoulder charge rule, was caught up in the Storm's salary cap drama's and has a DUI charge.
Burgess has a rap sheet as long as your arm but seems untouchable yet they are both lauded as Saints.

Snake's still paying for coming home at the wrong time after a few too many sherbets.
Sixth highest tryscorer of all time, diabetes ambassador but nah let him drift off quietly.

I’ll leave all the political rubbish out of it for now

One of the best forwards I’ve seen in the nrl in the past 20 years, bit of old school stuff still in him, punishing defender and strong runner with all the skills, and not much regard for his own body, and if any stuff was being put on he was leading from the frontline in reply

Couple of my favourite memories of him are the SBW comeback game, wankfast galore about Sonny and the second he come onto the field, Sam went straight at him and over the top of him. The other was when he returned a dropout full noise with a 30m windup straight at Ennis

It gets better.
Sambo charged with an ADVO for the incident with his father-in-law, what will Greenturd say now?
Will he monitor the developments or say as he’s no longer an NRL player it’s nothing to do with us.
But it’s been a tough week for him, poor Sam.

Intimidation. Not a good look threatening the 63 y.o. grandfather of your 2 year old and 10 month old kids lol. Not a bad idea to stay in Mexico and let the lawyers deal with it ...

It gets better.
Sambo charged with an ADVO for the incident with his father-in-law, what will Greenturd say now?
Will he monitor the developments or say as he’s no longer an NRL player it’s nothing to do with us.
But it’s been a tough week for him, poor Sam.
There's nothing poor about Sam.

Too much of a coincidence he gets charged hours after announcing retirement, how convenient. Toddy can say nothing to do with the NRL, move on.

I'm not up on this pre existing injury thing.
Using Burgess as an example, he's been playing in the NRL since 2011? Whatever.
So
If he injured his shoulder in 2011, is that pre existing or is there a time limit?
Say 1 year, 5 years or 30 seconds?
I'll hazard a guess and say it's another made up on the run, rubbery, ad hoc rule turdhead has come up with.
Whatever time limit they say it'll be different for some.
And I genuinely don't know.
Because I stopped paying attention long ago...

And Sutton. Me thinks Bennett will be doing some shopping :nod:
Yes I’d forgotten Sutton

Souths will trump the $10 million offer for the Turbo’s and up it to
$15 million , OH, and buy David Fifita for $6 million ( all these being 4 year deals).

Anyone else of note still left??

As reported.

Accepting the case of it's no ones business, it'd be interesting to see how this one plays out.

Good for Todd as Sam has retired so he doesn't need to take any actions against his good friend and ornament to the grub, I mean game.

Souths will 'probably' get some salary cap relief for a 'non' pre existing condition even though it definitely is. Todd can use the "don't punish souths for the alleged sins of Sam" and the media and souths fans will swallow that whole even though it's not the point.

Them personally - lawyers here can explain but I just wonder if the "Dad is on his daughters side and now has it in for Sam", Sam goes over, Dad says go away, Sam says don't get between me and my kids or else and dad goes um ahhhhhh thats a threaaaaat, I'm dobbing and this will get back at you for being a douche.

Or

He really did some intimidating.

I guess that's why there are courts.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8