Samantha in strife (and medical retirement rorts)

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
"It'd be a shame to not see Sam run out again next year," Greenberg said at Tuesday's 2020 draw launch.
"He's been an ornament to the NRL in the way that he carries himself on the field.
"I know he's got himself into some trouble occasionally with judiciary and match reviews, but he's the sort of player people want to watch.
"He's the sort of player I like to watch. I find him an unbelievable competitor on the field so I hope to see him back. I don't know what his future holds but I hope he's back playing rugby league again next year."

Um?
15 charges in 9 seasons and he's an ornament to the game?

It'll be ok because at today's launch toddy said:

Todd Greenberg has hailed Sam Burgess as an "ornament to the NRL" amid growing fears the Rabbitohs enforcer will be forced into retirement by a debilitating shoulder injury.

Should the 30-year-old bow out the Rabbitohs could apply for him to be medically retired, with the infection critical to that scenario given it would have been near-impossible to predict when Burgess signed his current contract last year.

ah hahahahaha any infection from surgery is now a non pre existing condition acceptible for medical retirements?

fmd....you've got to be kidding!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

oops @StuBoot beat me...

well I aint deleting the post so there!

And with whats happening with NASE uncle toddles and the grubbitos can rejoice and sweep it all under the carpet with the attention diverted

It'll be ok because at today's launch toddy said:

Todd Greenberg has hailed Sam Burgess as an "ornament to the NRL" amid growing fears the Rabbitohs enforcer will be forced into retirement by a debilitating shoulder injury.

Should the 30-year-old bow out the Rabbitohs could apply for him to be medically retired, with the infection critical to that scenario given it would have been near-impossible to predict when Burgess signed his current contract last year.

ah hahahahaha any infection from surgery is now a non pre existing condition acceptible for medical retirements?

fmd....you've got to be kidding!

:sick: :sick: :sick: :sick: :sick:

oops @StuBoot beat me...

well I aint deleting the post so there!

How could they not "predict when Burgess signed his current contract last year"?
You mean they forgot to put the date on it.....

And further on "an ornament to the NRL" the trick must be to not be a repeat offender.
He only got done for a crusher, a chicken wing, a nut grab, a shoulder charge, tripping, a cannonball, a raised elbow and leading with the legs BUT he only did them once so he must've learned from his mistakes.
Yep, an ornament to the game alright because the NRL made him so.

Last edited:
Just in, Sams retirement has been announced. To be fair he was one player I loved to watch. A real star of the game. Shame it’s been cut short by a few years.
On another point, how can this be medically retired? Wasn’t this an ongoing issue for him?

This from NRL Physio ( InstaTwitFace).

Will have to be a sweetheart deal from Uncle Toddy

Attachments

• 823B05B8-63A2-47B9-845C-468689D64D03.png
    823B05B8-63A2-47B9-845C-468689D64D03.png
    50.1 KB · Views: 44
And the next big Rort has just arrived, a “ medical retirement” with a huge payout not part of Souths Cap, meanwhile no such luxury for Manly with Stewart / Matai.

Not confirmed yet but you can bet before he announced it the sweetheart deal would have been done.

They are making this game VERY hard to be a supporter of, if it wasn’t for my utter love of my club it wouldn’t take much from me to walk away.

Whatever happened to the ambassador roles that 1nglis was supposed to do?

That was a complete and utter scam.

It REALLY ****s me the different rules for the favourites v the non favourites.

It’s just nepotism at its absolute finest AND close to corruption.

It just surprises me that the non favourites never complain , maybe it’s only us that see it OR maybe they’ve been told “ say anything and we’ll cut your licence”.

I think the latter is the real reason.

It REALLY ****s me the different rules for the favourites v the non favourites.

It’s just nepotism at its absolute finest AND close to corruption.

It just surprises me that the non favourites never complain , maybe it’s only us that see it OR maybe they’ve been told “ say anything and we’ll cut your licence”.

I think the latter is the real reason.

Mate, it $hits the lot of us. The Worms were allowed to medically retire Choc despite QBE refusing to pay out due to them ruling that his knee injury was from pre-existing injuries. Souffs were allowed to medically retire 1nglis to allow bogus ambassador roles and now with Samantha they will get offered a similar deal.

But Manly with Snake and Skivvy? Nope, we had to carry them in our squad and have them under the salary cap.

Its one big effing joke. Welcome to the NRL under Greenturd.....

Wait for Gillett to pull the pin in the not too distant future as well,suspect the DCE to Broncos rumours to heat up again

Mate, it $hits the lot of us. The Worms were allowed to medically retire Choc despite QBE refusing to pay out due to them ruling that his knee injury was from pre-existing injuries. Souffs were allowed to medically retire 1nglis to allow bogus ambassador roles and now with Samantha they will get offered a similar deal.

But Manly with Snake and Skivvy? Nope, we had to carry them in our squad and have them under the salary cap.

Its one big effing joke. Welcome to the NRL under Greenturd.....

I dunno, I mean there will probably be something done to help out 'everyone's second favourite team' (apparently..lol) but until it's done relax and pat a puppy.

We all know (and nrl physio says it too) that with the injury and infection, it's a long bow to draw to say that wasn't a pre existing condition.

Maybe todd is prepping us all for one of his inconsistent rulings by telling us sam is an ornament to the game but who knows.

I mean everyone be happy to get riled up if you want, but no decision has been made as yet.

It'd be nice if some 'journo' would ask the question but they seem to be calm at the moment. Got enough Manly drama to keep them happy like a cat on catnip.

I dunno, I mean there will probably be something done to help out 'everyone's second favourite team' (apparently..lol) but until it's done relax and pat a puppy.

We all know (and nrl physio says it too) that with the injury and infection, it's a long bow to draw to say that wasn't a pre existing condition.

Maybe todd is prepping us all for one of his inconsistent rulings by telling us sam is an ornament to the game but who knows.

I mean everyone be happy to get riled up if you want, but no decision has been made as yet.

It'd be nice if some 'journo' would ask the question but they seem to be calm at the moment. Got enough Manly drama to keep them happy like a cat on catnip.

I get what you're saying, but its odds on that this is going to go down in pretty much the same way as with 1nglis. Maybe not with bogus ambassador roles, but definitely in that Souffs won't have to carry him in their squad and under the cap like we had to with Stewart and Matai.

The medically retired rort is starting to gain momentum. Now there are reports that Matt Gillett will be medically retired. Last week touted as Brisbane's possible captain, this week he might have to be medically retired.

Funny how this is happening when there are only two days until 1 November when clubs can talk to opposition players out of contract after 2020.....

Staff online

• Dan
    Kim Jong Dan
  • Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe
Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8