Salary Cap

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Sorry he's not perfect like you expect. I guess despite his salary that he is only human after all.

But damn, I'd hate to see how bad this team would have been without him this year. You think its been bad? Imagine if Daly had been injured early in the season and either Lachlan Croker or Cade Cust had been the halfback for the majority of the year.....if you think either of them would have been better, think again. In fact you substituted DCE for Cleary, Reynolds, Moses, Keary, Munster or Pearce, with the way our team has been this year with a 3rd rate backline for the past 3-4 months, the results would have been no better.

Just because i critique his posessions does not make my expectations sky high. I do not expect perfection i am of the belief that if you keep doing the same things over and over and expect a different result , it is not the way forward. the current plan seems to be try to blow the opposition off the field early or be content being blown off the field. Considering everyone thinks that his back up at his disposal is crap those odds are not in our favour

I totally get the lack of quality surrounding the chez.

For a few weeks he came out for 20 minutes and kicked and played like he was a team leader and then shelfed it for helter skelter

Its great with these dead rubbers to debut players, but what about chez try a more team based approach that may keep us in a contest for longer than 20 minutes. I could admire that and have said that on this forum many times , especially the few weeks he did try it.

Currently all i see is the classic twelth man quote

We will do it as a team and we will do it my way

I like chez if we can afford a game manager next to him, who wouldnt . But the realisation that he should have been brushing up on the skills or mindset for a few years but hasnt is really concerning for our future

He bleeds Manly!. He wanted to stay for 800k, they told him to look elsewhere!! My god, when are people going to get that. I agree, if his contract was up today, he would have to take a pay cut for sure. Also, things were different back then, a contract was a contract and 500k was huge. These days things have gotten stupid with salary and the club is to blame for miss managing the cap, not DCE. Not an excuse, just fact. So if that is all you got then come up with something better, he wanted to stay FOR LESS
Look, Simon let’s just agree that we aren’t going to change each other’s minds. What’s clear is that you and I, plus everyone on here only wants the best for Manly.

And I sincerely hope your right and I’m wrong, I’d love nothing more than to be cheering Manly and Dce on in a grand final. But I really don’t think that will happen..

Look, Simon let’s just agree that we aren’t going to change each other’s minds. What’s clear is that you and I, plus everyone on here only wants the best for Manly.

And I sincerely hope your right and I’m wrong, I’d love nothing more than to be cheering Manly and Dce on in a grand final. But I really don’t think that will happen..
The great thing about Silvertails is the variety of opinions , none are 100% right or 100% wrong it’s just a bunch of different opinions.

I never get upset with someone who has a different opinion , only someone who wants to make it personal.

That shouldn’t enter into any equation , ever.

How about this, if next year we some how manage to get through a season without all our stars injured and we have Tom, DCE, Walker, Faniu, Shuster, foran, Marty, Siro etc playing and DCE cannot deliver than he has NO EXCUSES!
You just ruined your whole argument mate. There are half a dozen 400k halves who would deliver under those conditions mate.

Woohoo...DCE did what a 400k half could do and only cost 1.25M, woohoo.

You just ruined your whole argument mate. There are half a dozen 400k halves who would deliver under those conditions mate.

Yeah i have stated a few times that in a spine of fainu , tom , foz and cherry that cherry would be the player who contributes least to an outcome. He will back up , score tries once the defence has been dismantled. He does the flashy things that make people feel fuzzy and make highlight reels but as for actual game outcomes , he is a great back up player.

name one? Keary, Cronk, Cleary - they are all on 1 million or were on a million and have a gun side around them, and still not always enough to win you the comp!

Can you please name a half on 400k that won a premiership in the last few years? Can you name a side that didn't have a fully stacked roster all fit that won the comp? No offence but your statements are so wrong. All I'm saying is you need a few star players on a million, a fully fit side, some rep players, some luck with injuries, some luck with refs calls and then you might have a chance to win the comp. DCE cannot win the comp by himself mate, I know you think he should cause he gets paid a million dollars but sorry, takes more than that.

Yeah i have stated a few times that in a spine of fainu , tom , foz and cherry that cherry would be the player who contributes least to an outcome. He will back up , score tries once the defence has been dismantled. He does the flashy things that make people feel fuzzy and make highlight reels but as for actual game outcomes , he is a great back up player.
did you watch the 2013 grandfinal when we had Foz, lyon, stewert. Pretty sure DCE was the best on field by a long way - but you were saying?

did you watch the 2013 grandfinal when we had Foz, lyon, stewert. Pretty sure DCE was the best on field by a long way - but you were saying?

Gee you have gone a long way back for that one. Anything in the last 5 years. You know ive said he is talented but too comfy under the mega contract. If he even played like that 5 times a season i would show more empathy

The chooks were a good team and he went really well but its 2020
Simon. Time to turn off the video and watch his current form.

Your a bloody champion to the cause though. No one comes close
Respect given .

name one? Keary, Cronk, Cleary - they are all on 1 million or were on a million and have a gun side around them, and still not always enough to win you the comp!

Can you please name a half on 400k that won a premiership in the last few years? Can you name a side that didn't have a fully stacked roster all fit that won the comp? No offence but your statements are so wrong. All I'm saying is you need a few star players on a million, a fully fit side, some rep players, some luck with injuries, some luck with refs calls and then you might have a chance to win the comp. DCE cannot win the comp by himself mate, I know you think he should cause he gets paid a million dollars but sorry, takes more than that.
OTE]
I think Chad Townsend was the Sharks half when they won. He wouldn't have been on more than 400K.

Gee you have gone a long way back for that one. Anything in the last 5 years. You know ive said he is talented but too comfy under the mega contract. If he even played like that 5 times a season i would show more empathy

The chooks were a good team and he went really well but its 2020
Simon. Time to turn off the video and watch his current form.

Your a bloody champion to the cause though. No one comes close
Respect given .
Well it was suggested if we have Tom, Foran, Fainu etc DCE wont do much. Last time he played in a gun side, he was the gun player! Look at our side of the past 5 year. Myles, Brown, Crocker, etc We have not had a decent side, last year was the only time when fully fit I thought we were contenders and again, were decimated by injury when finals came around. Name a manly side that has been fully fit over the past couple of years. Horrible luck with injuries and you simply cannot be top 4 and win a comp without your side all firing and all fit, even then you need some luck.

Anyway, point being you need the whole time firing to even have a chance, not just the half. Im just gutted we have not seen the best of this side or what they are capable of because half the side is always sitting on the side lines.

• 👍
Reactions: bSw
Mate every year there is a different excuse. Injuries, other players, coaches. We’ve had 14 clear outs, different coaches.

The one constant has been DCE. Like I said, 5 yrs and counting. No premiership means total failure.
Everyone can come up with as many excuses as you can muster. I’m not buying what your selling..

Tic tok , 3yrs to go..
Rubbish mate. Sorry, but absolute dribble

So by your logic a $1Mil playmaker buys you a premiership every 5 years? You do realise our club as a whole has broken down quite dramatically on and off the field? And the fact that DCE hasn't won a 2nd Premiership means he is a "total failure"? Who would want to play for Manly with fans like you

Yep and every single one of those legends took UNDERS to stay together, not way way way overs.
Back then we had a culture of team first, now it’s player first. And it all starts with the captain to show a good example, Daly has consistently showed it Daly first, team- day light second.

Nice to see your already giving excuses for him down the road....
It's 2020... get over it mate. He was a premiership winning, Origin playing HB at 23 years old ffs

If I was offered that kind of coin at that age, knowing I only had a few good years, I would absolutely be thinking of my family. It's a professional sport. It's brutal physically and emotionally. He has more than proved himself to be a team man. He's matured, he's always let his footy do the talking. Why is he held to different standards as everyone else?

Well it was suggested if we have Tom, Foran, Fainu etc DCE wont do much. Last time he played in a gun side, he was the gun player! Look at our side of the past 5 year. Myles, Brown, Crocker, etc We have not had a decent side, last year was the only time when fully fit I thought we were contenders and again, were decimated by injury when finals came around. Name a manly side that has been fully fit over the past couple of years. Horrible luck with injuries and you simply cannot be top 4 and win a comp without your side all firing and all fit, even then you need some luck.

We were doing ok at the beginning of the year. Turbo was on fire. Walker was doing pretty good at 6 and levi so so. The pack was going great guns and the defence was strong and committed.He went missing big time. Just sat back and enjoyed the ride. Now they have all fallen around him and quite frankly as much as he tries hard he still very rarely takes the ball to the line. His try assist have been against weak opponenets lately in games of touch footy

A serious question.
What do you see his role as in the team as halfback and captain ?

This is where people on this forum differ. In what his role is and does he fulfil it as much as his abilities and form and effort
I often ask is he fit for purpose

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 59 12
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 4 3 -8 8