Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
It is understood that a senior club official, who has been identified in separate NSW police investigations as the likely architect of the suspected salary cap breaches, is supporting Manly's refusal to hand over personal laptops

I wonder who the senior official is? I didn't know that we had any architects as senior officials? George Costanza?

It's almost predictable from the nrl.

Manly passes salary cap audit.

nrl: strewth! Manly are in the top 4! Can't have that so we'll accuse them of cheating.

Manly: Ok, come on down and look at our books then!

nrl: Crikey! they called our bluff. Quick let's demand everything from 1947 including seizing all their personal electronic devices.

Manly: C'mon guys...that's a lot (and somewhat illegal) just be a bit more specific.

nrl: Ha ha ha got you! You didn't comply so we can take all your points! - phew...that's a relief fellahs....can't have a legally licensed footy team that isn't one of our golden teams becoming successful now can we!

Can this be over with already please? Too much stress for me and I love my Manly Sea Eagles, just breaks my heart to see the muck raking, digging for any slight inconsistency, bias, innuendo, rumours etc etc.

The NRL are a complete and utter disgrace, extremely unprofessional and just down right agenda driven.

And what about the OTHER clubs..... anyone, hello, any journo want more fodder for your gossip columns?? Or have any of you journo maggots been instructed not to drag in the names of other clubs? Surely this would be agenda driven media if so? (Hmm what am I saying almost all press is agenda driven these days.) And to me what Rebel Wilson did by taking them to court was just awesome. Hold the mongrels accountable for their crap.

Just sickening really, both the NRL and media lack any values what so ever. And both are nasty pieces of work indeed.

Seems like Manly have basically said F off and Greenturd and the NRL don't like it so we have all these BS Manly won't hand over devieces BS stories

We are going through what's called " Trial by Media", exactly the same as experienced by Brett Stewart.

Don't worry folks, it's a Manly thing and will blow over and all be forgotten about very quickly ..........NOT!

It's an assassination, cut and dried the NRL want a scalp, and their media buddies are doing their best to accommodate them.

How about the implied story in the article that because personal devices have not been handed over they must be guilty- bunch of dead funts they are

I'm uneasy about this

What have the 3 fat idiots done?
If anyone is dumb enough to record a cash payment in an alleged paperbag, then feed him to the mob
giphy.gif

https://m.facebook.com/ManlySeaEagles/?ref=page_internal&mt_nav=1

Contrary to reports today, the Manly Warringah Sea Eagles wish to advise that the Club is complying with all directions and notifications provided under the current Salary Cap Investigation being conducted by the NRL Integrity Unit.

Both the Club and the NRL have been extremely efficient in sourcing and extracting extensive information and data that has been requested, with legal due diligence around this process followed throughout.

Given that the Investigation process is confidential in nature, we are unable to provide further comment as to the nature of how the investigation is proceeding other than to state the Club is pleased with the significant and rapid progress that has been achieved to date.

The process has followed the Club’s request to NRL management to promptly have any innuendo and unfounded allegations surrounding the Club investigated and cleared once and for all. This is our highest priority given our Club’s consistent clean record of compliance and integrity.

Great detailed article by Fuzzfool, except any detail stating it's 'personal' computers/devices they are refusing to hand over. Another article written to an agenda and skew the truth.

Our facilities might be a bit behind the elite clubs but everything isn't just written down on bits of scrap paper placed in a manila folder. They have computers at the HQ and they haven't found anything out of the ordinary in them so they want personal computers... even the police can't get their hands on those without a warrant and judging by how balls up the whole investigation has been to date they would have zero chance of getting justification to obtain one. I'd say the NRL are scraping the bottom of the barrel for something, anything...

Last edited:
So a 'source' tells Kate that Manly refuses to hand laptops over and says that makes 'a joke' of the claim of Manly that it would fully cooperate. Her source is most likely from the NRL or a disgruntled Manly insider. I reckon the former because this leak then enables an 'NRL spokesman' to publicly confirm that their lawyers are speaking to Manly's lawyers to get material they are seeking. This is as good as saying that Kate's story is true. Sounds to me a deliberate strategy of the NRL to leak to Kate (in what's supposed to be a confidential investigation) to enable the NRL to then publicly undermine Manly's credibility when the club refuses to fully comply with the NRL's demands. Manly should put out a statement stating its concern about leaks occurring during an ongoing investigation and querying the source of the leaks.

Sounds to me a deliberate strategy of the NRL to leak to Kate (in what's supposed to be a confidential investigation) to enable the NRL to then publicly undermine Manly's credibility when the club refuses to fully comply with the NRL's demands. .

"A confidential investigation"
Now there's a double negative.

How can journalists get confidential information and report accurately or inaccurately??

Hopefully one of the outcomes of this is that the formerly respected investigative journalist Miss Kate, is thoroughly discredited and is sacked by the tottering Russell Fairfax organisation.

Miss Kate will have no choice but to take her sad 'Should have listened to Mum and not pulled faces when the wind changed' visage off to rural England.

Over there she will establish a new career as a gurning champion, wearing low-cut blouses (a la Footy Show, 2002) to attract the male judges' attention and win against more worthy contestants.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
7 4 2 25 9
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8
7 4 3 -8 8
8 4 4 -60 8