Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Once charged ( and convicted by a trial by media ) people NEVER change their minds.

This will stick and NEVER EVER go away, no different .
Well fark them all,who cares what they think ,were are hated anyway and frankly that's the way I like it,we are manly we thrive on this ****.

If a newspaper is required by the court to print an apology for 'slanderous' reporting they should be made to devote the same amount of column space to the apology as they did to the dodgy reporting and not just a token apology hidden between the obituraries & personal ads either. I'm talking back page stuff!

Just hitting the air waves - Investigators have found a serious problem within the physical payments paper work to players ........

Paper Lice @:mad:

Just hitting the air waves - Investigators have found a serious problem within the physical payments paper work to players ........

Paper Lice @:mad:
Narra was underwater a few years back.:)

Surprised that they need a paper trail in this electronic age.:cool:

How did the NRL Audit Manly last month and just now return to look for payment slips :confused:

SMH reporting Manly refusing to release non MWSE laptops
Well, first of all, how the hell do the SMH get this information? I thought this was meant to be a private investigation? Wow, this really is a witch hunt. Clutching at straws time. Come on NRL get your act together. Tell the club what the allegations are so they can be dealt with and stop feeding trolls like this before the investigation is done. Put up or shut up!!!!

188156_526900590720030_2073976345_n.jpeg

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ops-to-nrl-investigators-20170721-gxfzrv.html

Manly is claiming that it is not lawfully obliged to give the personal computers to the NRL integrity unit.
The Sea Eagle's refusal to hand over laptops could lead to sanctions, a court battle and a lengthy stand-off between the NRL and the club.

"Our lawyers are engaged in a discussion with Manly over the material they are seeking," an NRL spokesman told Fairfax Media.

For its part, a spokesman for the club said: "The NRL has advised us that this is a confidential investigation process. Accordingly, I am sure you understand the club is unable to comment on matters relating to the NRL investigation process."

Last edited:
http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/...ops-to-nrl-investigators-20170721-gxfzrv.html

The Sea Eagle's refusal to hand over laptops could lead to sanctions, a court battle and a lengthy stand-off between the NRL and the club.

"Our lawyers are engaged in a discussion with Manly over the material they are seeking," an NRL spokesman told Fairfax Media.

For its part, a spokesman for the club said: "The NRL has advised us that this is a confidential investigation process. Accordingly, I am sure you understand the club is unable to comment on matters relating to the NRL investigation process."

Would you agree that the part whereby the club has to hand over all electrical devices to the NRL would clearly mean the Clubs not individuals. Manly is right to await legal clarification as it is ambiguous.

Further if Greenturd needs a vibrator (ooops electrical device) , for health reasons shouldn't he just go buy his own?

The club should seek a legal injunction to stop media outlets publishing innuendo and half truths so that this so called private investigation can be done as it is supposed to be. Our club continues to be attacked and the NRL do NOTHING to protect our club. If this proves to be a red herring and there is nothing uncovered then I am sure that Penn and his team are going to make these people pay dearly for this. If the NRL have evidence, put it up or bugger off!!

Having worked in IT, I would be amazed if there are incriminating docos on laptops by now.

When Manly called in that Racing Steward, he would have told them to review their record keeping practices as a priority.

If that did not result in new devices being issued to employees, with audited data and programs, then Manly would not have a new baseline for the recommended procedures @:cool:

Unless people are in official capacities at Manly, no one can demand anything of them. :shake:

All the witch hunters keep reporting is this...

undisclosed third-party payments being made to players from a number of clubs, including Manly.

Yet we never hear the names of those clubs nor have the nrl been to any of them to continue their hunting.

Show how much of a b/s agenda the media and the nrl have with Manly being in the top four.

It really has gone to a new level of corporate bullying hatred. I don't think I've seen anything like it in League, ever.

Isn't it nice papers can still say: "a source said"

What a joke. I've also never seen a group of 'journo's' so committed to destroying a sport that a) they say they love, and b) puts food on their table.

It'd be laughable except it's so dangerous.

Manly refuse to hand over computers and mobiles in NRL’s salary cap investigation
Phil Rothfield Sports Editor-at-Large, The Daily Telegraph

MANLY Sea Eagles officials are refusing to hand over computer and phone records to the NRL as part of their investigation into possible salary cap breaches.

THE NRL’s salary cap investigation into the Manly Sea Eagles has hit a stumbling block with the club refusing to hand over computers and mobile phone records.

Integrity unit investigators seized player-payment paperwork earlier this week but have been unable to obtain computer hard drives or mobile phones as they did with the Parramatta Eels investigation.

Lawyers for both Manly and the NRL have been in talks all day about the stand-off.

As a privately owned business, the Sea Eagles are standing firm and insist the NRL have no rights to inspect all their private financial records.

However under NRL rules the integrity unit has the power to access laptops, computer hard drives, and phones.

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8