Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Can’t have it both ways mark. We all would have creamed him if he didn’t defend the club.

I don’t understand how we’re treated so horribly when we didn’t pay a cent. Cronulla on the other hand are a minor breach despite them actually paying the player directly. WTF!
I wasn’t actually denigrating Penn for doing it (I think he had little option) but you’d think he wouldn’t have if the legal advice wasn’t “ you’ve got a really good case” !!

And to see $????? go down the gurgler for zero result would be incredibly disappointing for them ( and us).

And means 2 years with a huge hit on us in the player market, meanwhile we watch the Grand Finalists spend like there’s no tomorrow!!

I just feel incredibly let down ( by the game) that a club down the bottom can be shafted meanwhile the ones at the top Rort On!!

I just feel incredibly let down ( by the game) that a club down the bottom can be shafted meanwhile the ones at the top Rort On!!

I think we all feel the same way, but lets be clear a lot of the rorting is above board through TPA's which are cleared by the NRL.

The fact we don't like it is neither here nor there, especially to the NRL.

Des, found a way to compete with his back ended contract, but that all turned to ****.

Manly need to find a way to compete and to comply or our days are close to being done I feel.

Last edited:
I wasn’t actually denigrating Penn for doing it (I think he had little option) but you’d think he wouldn’t have if the legal advice wasn’t “ you’ve got a really good case” !!

And to see $????? go down the gurgler for zero result would be incredibly disappointing for them ( and us).

And means 2 years with a huge hit on us in the player market, meanwhile we watch the Grand Finalists spend like there’s no tomorrow!!

I agree with all that. As much as we bag ownership at times I actually think it speaks to a level of passion for the club and the image of the club. Because really the cheaper option was to not contest. He actually would have profited. The fact he felt strongly enough to go through all of this and try to stick it to the nrl actually made me a bit proud

**** I hate the nrl at the moment. They’re just ass covering corporate stooges full of self interest and power hungry

RESULT:

The Club has been advised that its appeal in relation to the determination of the NRL CEO on 26 March 2018 that it had contravened the NRL Rules relating to salary cap, specifically in its handling of the process around third party negotiations and disclosures has been unsuccessful.

all over

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    50.4 KB · Views: 51
At least I now know of a dodgy QC if I ever need one.

What a load of bull. Corrupt ****s.

The manipulation of the media by the nrl with the timing of the duel announcements: the bulldogs reduction in fines and our non successful appeal against the witch hunt during the gf week is only surpassed in pathetic-ness by how the media will gobble it all up.

Last edited:
Good now we can get on with the job 330k off salary cap is nothing and if we are going to push the rules again we should cover our tracks. also not sack so many people who new what had happened.

Team P W L PD Pts
6 5 1 20 12
6 4 2 53 10
5 4 1 23 10
6 4 2 48 8
6 4 2 28 8
5 3 2 14 8
7 4 3 -18 8
6 3 2 21 7
7 3 3 20 7
7 3 4 31 6
6 3 3 16 6