Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
Except this article was published on 21 April 2018 ...
Ah the wheels of justice barely turning, I suppose when the panel members are so old they have to be woken up for lunch it doesn't make for a speedy resolution.

Mate you’ve been around this type of thing for years so let me ask you this “ is the time frame for this whole thing normal or is it being slowed down to suit the NRL’s agenda”.

I know some really high profile murder cases go for months but really isn’t this just a “ point of law “ situation??

I think it’s the latter but I don’t come from any sort of legal background so perhaps this is quite normal?

Though...this is good timing!

Golden Eagles Brookvale Mazda Charity Golf Day 2018

Long Reef Golf Club Friday 26th October

A huge thank you to our Major sponsor Joe Rinaldi of Brookvale Mazda for once again sponsoring the day and providing a brand new Mazda as a hole in one prize!
If it works for Uncle Nick it’s worth a shot....our players will probably spend most of the day fetching balls from the holes in da fence

Mate you’ve been around this type of thing for years so let me ask you this “ is the time frame for this whole thing normal or is it being slowed down to suit the NRL’s agenda”.

I know some really high profile murder cases go for months but really isn’t this just a “ point of law “ situation??

I think it’s the latter but I don’t come from any sort of legal background so perhaps this is quite normal?
It's not really my area Mark but let's just say I find it awfully, ah...'convenient' that it has dragged on so long.
Another example of amateurish management by the NRL. A matter like this is very important for the club and also for the competition, so sufficient resources should have been committed to ensure a speedy outcome one way or the other. So it's a big fail by Greenberg, either way.

It's not really my area Mark but let's just say I find it awfully, ah...'convenient' that it has dragged on so long.
Another example of amateurish management by the NRL. A matter like this is very important for the club and also for the competition, so sufficient resources should have been committed to ensure a speedy outcome one way or the other. So it's a big fail by Greenberg, either way.

My mrs is not a laywer but has been in the indusrty for 20 years . She has been involved in many cases over the years. Her take is that its not surprising for it to take some time after its been heard , for the report to be handed down. It would depend on how " in demand" the QC is currently and what cases they also have to work on in tandem .

Its not super solid info but she knows her ****, this just isnt her exact wheelhouse. Sorry if ive misled

Did they put that twit thru the ACAT test before they asked him that question?
Just to make sure that he knew what day of the week it was ,what code he was talking about ,what his name was, if he was an animal vegetable or mineral?

I would take with a grain of salt whatever that bald headed imbecile says ,he seems to have the concentration span of a goldfish

Imbecile is a much under-used and under appreciated term ...... one that I am surprised is not more widespread on this forum ...

And GreenTurd can always point out that on at least 3 occasions they have granted Manly additional time which has lengthened the process ....

It would be untenable for the NRL to ignore the appeal ruling they would loose all credibility and would be crucified by the press. The NRL appear to have lost the ability to control the press and appear to be fair game. Remember in record time after allegedly looking at thousands of documents Greenburg came out and called Manly Cheats and soiled Bob Fulton's name. Defamation has not gone away I expect people are awaiting the outcome of this appeal before commencing proceedings. I reckon this is going to get ugly. I suspect that the delay is related to them already knowing the outcome of the appeal is going to cause the NRL problems and they are trying to stitch up their case. Can't wait for Karma!

Yep, regardless of the QCs findings, the NRL can dismiss and uphold the original punishment anyway....

Could all be a waste of everyone's time.

Guessing though, given the amount of time this has dragged on for, that the NRL will use the learnings to tighten the rules so they don't end up with egg on their face all over again...

That would take Intoddgrity to a whole new level of arrogance ....... it should be noted however .... that dismissing or ignoring the conclusions of an appointed and respected silk would have it's own dangers .....

... I doubt said QC and his fellow appeal consultants would take kindly to being patsies in a GreenTurd stitch-up .......

That would take Intoddgrity to a whole new level of arrogance ....... it should be noted however .... that dismissing or ignoring the conclusions of an appointed and respected silk would have it's own dangers .....

... I doubt said QC and his fellow appeal consultants would take kindly to being patsies in a GreenTurd stitch-up .......

Thanks scoop .................

It would be untenable for the NRL to ignore the appeal ruling they would loose all credibility and would be crucified by the press. The NRL appear to have lost the ability to control the press and appear to be fair game. Remember in record time after allegedly looking at thousands of documents Greenburg came out and called Manly Cheats and soiled Bob Fulton's name. Defamation has not gone away I expect people are awaiting the outcome of this appeal before commencing proceedings. I reckon this is going to get ugly. I suspect that the delay is related to them already knowing the outcome of the appeal is going to cause the NRL problems and they are trying to stitch up their case. Can't wait for Karma!

I really hope you are right Tragic,the only thing that may interfere with your appraisal is The Bergs' pathological hatred for Manly if he decided to ignore the judges findings.
I don't think the Berg has been the same since is underhand plan to steal all that was Manly and transplant it at Belmore like some sort of Rugby League Frankenstein came all unstuck.And then he was busy frantically sweeping all sorts of atrocities under the carpet .Yes they were heady days for The Berg back then.
Fulton strikes me as the lion waiting to pounce and like the lion who may not eat everyday ,but instead waits for the exact right opportunity, and then attacks and feasts.I'm hoping that Fulton is dinning out(in a legal sense) on Greenburgs rotting carcass for years to come and that Greenburgs tawdry and tainted time at the NRL comes to a blessed end and that a true blight on the game is expunged ...finally.
Go Manly

Wouldn't it be great if Fulton was able to use a watertight defamation case against the NRL as leverage to remove Greenberg and bring old mate Peter Beattie into line. It would not look good for them to take on an immortal in the courts just to protect their own reputations if they were found to be wrong. If the QC finds in our favour then this could be a huge catalyst for change in the NRL. Todd made a huge error when he tried to implicate Fulton. If Greenberg had let Fulton away quietly then Fulton probably would have let him do his worst to the club, but Toddy went full throttle on Fulton & Fulton has friends in much higher places than Greenturd and never lets anyone get the better of him..

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 3 5 -55 8