Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
  • We have been getting regular requests for users who have been locked out of their accounts because they have changed email adresses over the lifetime of their accounts. Please make sure the email address under your account is your current and correct email address in order to avoid this in the future. You can set your email address at https://silvertails.net/account/account-details
You could sense Greenbergs hatred for Manly while watching him talk crap. Without prompt, he kept alluring to fans of 15 other clubs who should feel angry that they missed out on signing players and were not on a level playing field. I thought we were the only ones not on a level playing field with the Stewart/Matai debacle. He also admitted that we are currently "well & truly" under the cap.

A question

Considering we still have 2/ 3 players to fil out our roster...what is the min salary amount?

I think it’s about $110-$130k, so you’d have to say we probably can fit two juniors in.

But I’d suggest there will be no big buys next year as a result!

So the Roosters and the Broncos and the Bulldogs or whoever can continue paying third party agreements via their " ärms length " companies with impunity as they have always done. And to far far far greater amounts than we can. But they do it legitimately.

The NRL make it so easy to cheat the rules that's the only infuriating thing about this....it was all so unnecessary.

I think it’s about $110-$130k, so you’d have to say we probably can fit two juniors in.

But I’d suggest there will be no big buys next year as a result!

This is the horrible part. While most clubs have been bent over for the current year their penalty was handed down with fines and in some cases loss of points, we’ll be essentially punished until the start of 2020.

This is the horrible part. While most clubs have been bent over for the current year their penalty was handed down with fines and in some cases loss of points, we’ll be essentially punished until the start of 2020.

The 5 year plan just got blown out to 7

So the Roosters and the Broncos and the Bulldogs or whoever can continue paying third party agreements via their " ärms length " companies with impunity as they have always done. And to far far far greater amounts than we can. But they do it legitimately.

The NRL make it so easy to cheat the rules that's the only infuriating thing about this....it was all so unnecessary.
Sad that Manly were too dumb to do it right :cool:

Kelly got Sambo back from RU when the Rabbids were at full roster. Then he got the Rorters all their stars this year.

Yet no NRL audit of the 2 Clubs that he went to after he left Manly:banghead:

I despise Greenturd but this isn't the harshest punishment at all really.

What's the difference between this and having
Matai and Stewart and Myles on the books all whilst not playing any games anyway. This effectively is just more of the same. By the time its over it'll make 4 or 5 years in a row where we have gone in about 2 players short at the start of each season. Same same.

So Lewis Brown, Lussick and Nate Myles (finally) will be off our books at the end of this year. It’ll be interesting to see how the club manage our recruitment during this time with a reduction in the cap for 2019.

A clue recently: ZtH talking up renewed contact with the District Club.

We need them more heavily involved to take outfit away from Pennal (Penn cabal).
Sadly it's more to take control of the FC to get the preference share :cool:

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Greendog was a pains to say the punishment is not for TPA issues, but rather for club sanctioned payments above the Total Renumeration Agreement (TRA) which the players sign.

So Greenslime and Herr Nickla believe they have evidence that club individuals attempted to or actually did pay $'s to players above their signed TRA.

Interestingly Greenfeces did say that some players were not paid what they found as evidence, Formefamily and Mrplod probably.

I know its probably semantics that we say TPA, they say NON TPA, but really that's the whole argument and Greencatpiss cant risk saying manlys issues are TPA related.

So Lewis Brown, Lussick and Nate Myles (finally) will be off our books at the end of this year. It’ll be interesting to see how the club manage our recruitment during this time with a reduction in the cap for 2019.
The Cap is 9.1 million so a 330k reduction is no real handicap.:shake:

Wonder who our Recruitment Team are now?
They need to be more creative now :nod:

Our under 20’s from last year will likely get a run.

Staff online

• Jethro
    Star Trekkin' across the universe

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
8 7 1 109 16
8 7 1 56 16
8 6 2 66 14
8 5 3 51 12
9 5 3 37 11
9 5 4 95 10
9 5 4 42 10