Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Ah so that's why greenburg kept demanding all electronic devices from Manly - he needed to find and delete his incriminating emails!

The guy is clearly not skilled nor qualified to handle the intricacies of the issue at point and should not be 'in sole charge' of determining whether or not infractions have occurred.

I don’t for a second think the Penns will go away quietly should Greenberg impose a cap penalty as well as a fine, or a points penalty. They would have no doubt received the best advice that money can buy in relation to how this whole debacle will stand up in a court of law (as opposed to the NRL law unto itself) Toddles May find himself on the stand if he’s not careful. And that would be VERY VERY bad for Tiddles, VERY bad indeed.

I haven't read anywhere that Manly are officially trying to find incriminating emails regarding greenburg. The Penns have said nothing for a few weeks, likewise Gorman.

It just sounds like greenburg realises he is losing the battle of public opinion and also the battle against Manly doing anything wrong.

His PR spin course of action? Get a sympathetic sports journo 'nuffie' to make up a story like this so greenburg can shout from the rooftops...

"See? See? See how dreadful Manly are? They are threatening me and I have done nothing wrong. I tell you good nrl supporters that I, todd gb will go to war for you and fight off the dreadful Manly intimidating bullies!!! If they are threatening me then surely that proves their guilt! Guilty I say! Now lets put away all those pesky facts that say otherwise."

This whole 'investigation' is officially worse than a circus side show but it's a true credit to Barrett, DCE and the team to keep focused and playing good footy.

Yesterday, Greenberg confirmed premiership points were not on the line but a fine and salary cap sanctions appear likely.

https://www.theaustralian.com.au/sp...n/news-story/9054775ee1b7245a651dcccff72e0e26

Good luck with that.

Greenburg implicated of wrong doing in Foran contract talks. Says he is innocent and the nrl move on.

Manly implicated in the weakest 3rd party pmt infringements accusation. Manly says they are innocent and the nrl have a 20 month investigation into them.

I spoke to Two (2) very prominent Manly officials at the game on Sunday and they both said that all this was was a witch hunt against Manly and that Greenturd had it in for us.

That much is obvious dating back to when he was the Dogs CEO when he poached Des and obviously gave him the green light to try and recruit as many of his staff as possible.

But since he has become NRL boss it has become even more obvious.
  • Constant swipes at Brookvale Oval as an NRL venue.
  • Threatening Manly with ongoing fines and loss of 2016 NRL competition points if we didn't sack newly appointed SG Ball coach John Hopoate, despite SG being under the jurisdiction of the NSWRL and not the NRL. Then less than 6 months later bending over backwards to help doesn't-matta after it was revealed that they had been rorting the salary cap to the tune of over $3 million over 5 or so years. The 12 point penalty and $1 million fine along with being able to play for points once they were under the cap, thanks in no short way to the extremely shonky medical retirement of Choc, was nothing compared to what they should have been hit with.
  • Allowing (and even helping) Manly's name to be constantly dragged through the mud with match fixing allegations, all of which were proven false. Yet get a suspected terrorist on the front page wearing a Dogs jumper and suddenly its all "We (the NRL) should be more proactive in protecting our clubs from bad (unwarranted) publicity".
  • Then when the match fixing came to nothing they immediately moved on to this salary cap witch hunt. Other clubs were supposed to be involved, but Manly is the only one that has been targeted and named.

There are probably more but those are the immediate ones that come to mind at 4:41AM lol.

I largely suspect that the NRL, more to the point Greenturd, wants Manly either gone from the competition or re-located.....preferably to Perth. Which among other things would be an extremely short sighted move by the NRL as Manly are the only club representing northern Sydney. It certainly seems that in their turf war with the A-League, AFL and even union in western Sydney that they are neglecting other area's (though I am baffled by the A-League part since the soccer set plays in summer).

I largely suspect that the NRL, more to the point Greenturd, wants Manly either gone from the competition or re-located.....preferably to Perth. Which among other things would be an extremely short sighted move by the NRL as Manly are the only club representing northern Sydney. It certainly seems that in their turf war with the A-League, AFL and even union in western Sydney that they are neglecting other area's (though I am baffled by the A-League part since the soccer set plays in summer).

Easy, he would just bring the bears back to the central coast (who would likely fail miserably)

I don’t for a second think the Penns will go away quietly should Greenberg impose a cap penalty as well as a fine, or a points penalty. They would have no doubt received the best advice that money can buy in relation to how this whole debacle will stand up in a court of law (as opposed to the NRL law unto itself) Toddles May find himself on the stand if he’s not careful. And that would be VERY VERY bad for Tiddles, VERY bad indeed.

Quite a good point, if we lose ( which I’m expecting ) and the Penns advice is we’d win in a “ proper court” then Toggy’s “ Kangaroo Court” could be up **** creek without a paddle.

And if we then won in a proper court of law then Toggy’s tenure would be untenable!

Greenberg is a grub.
He’s weak as piss. He buried his head in the sand when he knew Ryan Tandy had a gambling problem and we all knew how that turned.

He’s so much like Tits Shorten its no funny. Pure Teflon absolutely no **** sticks to toddy. The man’s a spin doctor and a Charlatan. He has no place running this game.

Team P W L PD Pts
3 3 0 48 6
3 2 1 45 4
3 2 1 28 4
3 2 1 22 4
3 2 1 15 4
3 2 1 14 4
2 1 1 13 4
3 2 1 10 4
2 1 1 6 4
3 2 1 -3 4
3 1 2 0 2