Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Well this is a little disappointing. Being given a breach notice the same week Hayne signs for $500k compounds that.

The NRL are way way way too vague with their press releases. This could literally be nothing or massive. Based on their information released it leads to nothing but speculation now. Go ahead guys, run the brand down even more. This will be all over the back pages tomorrow and for all we know it's nothing more than the normal $15k fines clubs get every single off season for small oversights.

So, once again a witch hunt for Manly in on off season. Something that should not even been done. I thought this was meant to be a match fixing hunt? Obviously, people have an agenda agianst the club. Not defending the club over the last 5 to 6 years but how on earth are we the only club this scrutinized? Were there not other clubs originally linked?

Is it $400,000 per year or total over the 5 years ($80,000 per year)?

About the equivalent of Darren Lockyer's Christmas bonus.

The Roosters would arrange $400k in cap rorts before breakfast.

The NRL is an absolute joke, pinning our club to the wall over stuff that every club is almost certainly doing and in many cases on a far larger scale. If Greenberg sees out the year as NRL CEO I doubt I'll see out the year as an NRL fan.

The only premiership we've won in the past five years is the 2017 Under 20s.
I guess the alleged moneys went to buying them Porches and Masseraties and boats.

So, once again a witch hunt for Manly in on off season. Something that should not even been done. I thought this was meant to be a match fixing hunt? Obviously, people have an agenda agianst the club. Not defending the club over the last 5 to 6 years but how on earth are we the only club this scrutinized? Were there not other clubs originally linked?
You do realise that it was the match fixing investigation that uncovered the salary cap breaches?

Let’s be real. If the NRL went thru every other club currenty in the NRL the majority would get show cause notices and most would be more serious than our alleged breaches. I can’t believe the significant signings made by others this year and everybody smelling a ray except the NRL.

It would be good to know the exact years that they are referring to . I am only saying that because Scott Penn stated that Manly was audited earlier this year (for the season just gone) and we were all good . So had to been before 2017.
In saying that it is hard to excuse cheating the cap of any kind . We did the crime so we have to cop the fine / punishment and move on .
If it was any other club we would be giving them hell on here so we have to be prepared to cop it back . No excuses !!!

Let’s be real. If the NRL went thru every other club currenty in the NRL the majority would get show cause notices and most would be more serious than our alleged breaches. I can’t believe the significant signings made by others this year and everybody smelling a ray except the NRL.
Why are they not checking other clubs ? Fukc me something is not right .

Reading between the lines, it doesn't really say we were over, but in breach
Yeah, but we are still going to get in the arse for something that other clubs are doing obviously but don't get the scrutiny we do..... Fucek theNRL

You do realise that it was the match fixing investigation that uncovered the salary cap breaches?
Yes, but what did match fixing have anything to do with the salary cap? How did they get on to cap issues while looking for a match fixing allegation?

Yes, but what did match fixing have anything to do with the salary cap? How did they get on to cap issues while looking for a match fixing allegation?
Nuralda assumed players were getting monies for match fixing. Interviews revealed that the payments were TPA monies.

Crime Commissions can not share info with outsiders, so these payments details should not have been given to the NRL

But Manly will start 2018 with an audited set of books at least :nod:

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
6 4 2 53 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 24 8