Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
Instead of whinging about how other clubs don’t get busted,why not start in our own backyard first.Do people cry at the police when they get caught for speeding when someone else just flies past them on the road?It was quite obvious that something was going on with the cap,judging by the lack of significant signings this offseason

Yeah sounds like we have somehow breached the 3rd party agreements rules rather than the salary cap - how do the those other bastard clubs get away with it and we don't...
Because none of those other clubs end up getting investigated.

To be honest it just means we keep current team and offload some bottom tier players. However I though I read somewhere that the club said "we don't have 3rd party agreements"

Manly Sea Eagles face NRL sanctions over potential salary cap breaches

MANLY have almost certainly cost themselves the chance at signing Trent Hodkinson or Todd Carney after revelations of salary cap rorting.

The NRL have issued the Sea Eagles a breach notice after concluding its investigation into potential breaches of the salary cap over the last five years.

The Daily Telegraph understands the Sea Eagles’ salary cap breaches are very similar, albeit on a smaller scale, to the Parramatta Eels’ situation of 2016 where the club has become involved in organising third-party payments.

It’s believed the Sea Eagles are in breach by up to $400,000, which, as part of its punishment, the NRL will put on to next year’s salary cap.

That means the Sea Eagles, who released halfback Blake Green to the New Zealand Warriors and missed out on signing Mitchell Pearce, will not have enough money in their salary cap to chase a replacement No.7.

The Sea Eagles face a hefty fine, although it’s believed they may be spared a points deduction.

In a release issued this afternoon, the NRL said they would give the Sea Eagles five days to respond “but given the seriousness of the allegations, the NRL would consider a request for an extension of time”.

Show cause notices have also been issued to two current Manly officials, requiring them to demonstrate why their registrations should not be cancelled.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...s/news-story/107b4b6e73b41db33c00d74e53a2cbaa

Because none of those other clubs end up getting investigated.

To be honest it just means we keep current team and offload some bottom tier players. However I though I read somewhere that the club said "we don't have 3rd party agreements"
Baz wasn't here when Fiz was.

The investigation was instigated by Task Force Nuralda leaking their findings of cash payments if you recall.

Baz said 'we don't have much in TPAs'

One thing this does prove out is that when you breach the cap, you usually have a downwards trend in your results over that period......parra and now manly

The NRL was never going to approve Stewarts or Matai's compo payout.

Stewart was blacklisted 6-7 years ago as we know thanks to Mr Gallop.

Never got an apology and Greenturd was never going to do us any favours that related to these 2 players.

Absolute Disgrace.

400k is not really that bad. generally each year clubs breach the cap by between 50 and 500k so its really pretty standard fair. if its 400k we have enough spare not to be bothered about it

I reckon we will start on minus 12.

Lose all our sponsors.

Probably end up positive 2 or 4 get the spoon.

Todd will be happy.

Not sure why it would cost us Hodgkinson as the knights would have to pay most of his salary for next year if we take him He isn't worth more than $150k in his present condition

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 54 14
6 5 1 59 12
8 5 2 39 11
6 4 2 53 10
6 4 2 30 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 4 3 40 8
7 4 3 24 8
7 3 4 17 8