Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
If we had the Gestapo Audit us a few months ago, why now do they want this stuff made available to them. Why the fark did this not get done as part of their job initially.
The NRL and the Integrity unit are a waste of everyone's time. They have never uncovered anything.
Greenturd has this entire NRL corporation in ruins, falling down around him in many facets of the game and do you ever hear or see the smelly pr1ck, no. He is a gutless, unethical slimy tool.

The club really needs to look into the defamation side of this. I don't understand the NRL, especially Greenberg, in relation to this matter. How can a business like the NRL make up rules and fine clubs when at the same time they prop up or buy clubs that are going broke? They are not the law but certainly a law unto themselves.

This is getting out of hand if there are to be sanctions against us due to our unwillingness to cooperate with this investigation, and our club has legitimate concerns about ongoing privacy and confidentiality about this process that have continually been breached with leaks going out to the media, why should Manly surrender anything until there is a guarantee that the leaks will halt? Greenturd is now showing his true colours, why are the other clubs not being investigated, that were mentioned? Transparency has to go two ways.

If they sanction us then I hope every Manly fan in the state inundates them with angry phone calls and emails and makes it very clear that their bottom line will suffer as a result.

If we've done the wrong thing then that's one thing, but bully tactics and innuendo aren't good enough.

Where was the investigation when the Broncos were paying players well below their market value for season after season? Where was the investigation when Roosters players' blood test results were found in the possession of bikies?

This is a stitch up.

"The club fears handing over such sensitive information could accidentally be leaked into the public domain."
Can't blame them, the whole saga is one giant leak to selected media.
Has the NRL even told Manly exactly what the allegation is yet? Who is alleged to have done what when, and who made the allegation?
If the NRL hasn't disclosed that then this is a kangaroo court.

Can't blame them, the whole saga is one giant leak to selected media.
Has the NRL even told Manly exactly what the allegation is yet? Who is alleged to have done what when, and who made the allegation?
If the NRL hasn't disclosed that then this is a kangaroo court.
Any prosecution case could be thrown out of court when the truth is exposed to how this investigation has been conducted. There has been no clarity or transparency and our club is continually found guilty by trial by media. The NRL is supposed to support the clubs not damage them like this. All this is doing is just confirming yet again in the eyes of many of our fans that Greenturd has it in for our club and that while he is the leader we will never be given fairness.

The other thing to remember is the Penns run a very big business outside of Manly and I can't imagine they'd be wanting any other company going through those computers and having access to commercial operations.

Sorry to be blunt mate, but there is a snowflakes hope in hell that MW data would be on the same computers/servers as Penn's other business interests.

Does the NRL have to tell Manly what their looking for? Not trying to be smart but if I was looking for something untoward which a club had been hiding - I wouldn't be sharing anything with them for fear that it could result in further cover ups....
Agreed.
And it WAS Penn who invited them
down asap. Thought it was a bit of silly brinkmanship at the time.
None of this sort of thing ever happened pre-Penns. And yes, I still haven't forgiven them for the leaks that embarrassed Tooves on national tv just about every second week.
I love the CLUB, love the players, love screaming for my team. Just couldn't really give a toss what happens to the owners - except, of course, that the chips they're using in this game happen to be MY TEAM!

Sorry to be blunt mate, but there is a snowflakes hope in hell that MW data would be on the same computers/servers as Penn's other business interests.
Um. That was the point. A fishing expedition must specifically relate to club devices. Sorry to be blunt back.

Agreed.
None of this sort of thing ever happened pre-Penns. And yes, I still haven't forgiven them for the leaks that embarrassed Tooves on national tv just about every second week.
I love the CLUB, love the players, love screaming for my team. Just couldn't really give a toss what happens to the owners - except, of course, that the chips they're using in this game happen to be MY TEAM!
Then to top it off he disappears overseas

Agreed.
I agree with you about their part in undermining Tooves in his last 2 years at the club and to expose him the way they did was such a bad look. However, the current owners put their money into our club and I am grateful for that and I support their right to not give the NRL a thing until there is clarity about privacy and confidentiality. If these sanctions are imposed it would be a threat to the future of our club and the irony would be that should the Penns withdraw their support we would be owned by the NRL, scary prospect indeed!!

I'm ok, you seemed to imply that taking the MW data would give them access to other business interests, and that argument would not fly in a gale.

Penny boy cant be too concerned about this investigation if he can head overseas.

Contrarian view (if the reporting is correct): great time for Penn to be overseas. Not.
Pretty sure that Penn runs his non Manly businesses from the US.
They actually make him money, unlike the Manly Franchise :p

Nothing to worry about, it's just going to be lawyers v lawyers.

The earlier reports of the NRL wanting devices from family members seems to be the issue. Hard to see how non-employee's devices can be demanded by any corporation @:cool:

Ritchie's regular referencing of some mysterious 'front office man' is suspicious. He sounds like he has a clear agenda against this man :mad:

Beat me to it TZ wtf is he overseas for at this time.
giphy.gif

I know it won't happen, but I'd like to see other clubs come out to support Manly against the NRL's handling of this whole self-manufactured (and apparently self-perpetuating) scandal. Who's to say Toddy's clowns won't turn up on their doorsteps next?

Staff online

Latest posts

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
8 6 2 66 14
7 6 1 54 14
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8