Salary Cap Witch Hunt. **Appeal unsuccessful**

• We had an issue with background services between march 10th and 15th or there about. This meant the payment services were not linking to automatic upgrades. If you paid for premium membership and are still seeing ads please let me know and the email you used against PayPal and I cam manually verify and upgrade your account.
He was actually caught shagging the eagle mascot suit while it was empty. He is saying they have a committed relationship and want to spend there lives together to avoid an incident

The empty suit was unavailable for comment but has released a statement .
I felt nothing at the time of the alleged incident and i feel nothing now.

See how i used alleged in that story. Now i can make **** up like this

True story ... I once shagged Mickey Mouse.

I've recounted the story in here already about my time as Chamber of Commerce story where the editor of the local paper " alledged" I'd been given a brown paper bag full of money to support a particular route for the towns bypass because the owner of the land was going to make a ****load on the sale of his land.

Let me tell you they can drag you across hot coals with " alledged ", and when it's proven you are innocent it's a 5 line apology on page 63 in the classifieds.

Absolute arseholes, every one of them!

These sports journos are absolute low life's aren't they?

Real " bottom feeders".

My daughter works for RMIT University in Melbourne, she sits just under ( in the pecking order) the Director.

She tells me that everyday media ( papers / FTA TV) are just about buggered, and now rely on subscriptions, driven through " click bait" as the internet is now where it's all at.

She was mainly referencing politics when we were discussing this issue but you can see how it's no different in the sports reporting world.

As long as they use " it's alledged" they can almost say anything.

As I said, " bottom feeders".

I am not suprised by this. Ive read many articles that use not definitive terms to protect themselves from litigation, whilst dragging someone/clubs through the mud.

We are even now seeing articles reference other articles/papers. I saw the other day "the SMH is reporting..." as a reason to run the same article but dump liability on someone else.

Cant see the Govt ever tightening regulation either with Murdoch pulling the strings. It will have to take a high profile court case to stop the garbage.

If I was the club, I would be tempted to ask all players to stop talking to the media unless its through official chanels (e.g. the sea eagles site or press conferences (as they are a obligation under the NRL)). That means no mid week interviews, no half time comments, no end of game reporting, etc...

Yeah the media will have a go at Manly in the short term, but they will get bored of it and leave us alone. Look at Scam Smith that time he boycotted Channel 9. They basically begged him to talk to them.

Is there a list anywhere of front office staff and their jobs?
I just can't understand how there could be a problem given that the Penns own the whole damned thing.
Agree :nod:

Most Franchise Companies separate their operations by outsourcing accounts etc. They keep the assets in a separate company to mitigate potential liability claims against their main asset.

The Penn shelf Company, Penn Sport Pty Limited, that is the majority shareholder in our MSE franchise, would handle the player payments.
As they are not the actual NRL licencee, Manly-Warringah Sea Eagles Limited are, the NRL Integrity Unit would have no rights to their books.

I would be amazed that any admin employee would be in charge of player payments. Especially as our revolving door policy for non football area staff is well documented @:cool:

http://www.seaeagles.com.au/about/corporate-structure.html

Depending what the agreement is with NRL and Clubs in terms of franchise requirements the NRL could hand down any punishment they like. However if the obligations by the club have been met, and going off the 3 audits completed (successfully) in the last 2 years plus the match fixing investigation being dropped i'd say the NRL would lose, and lose quite well in an appeal if Manly decided to go down that path.

The cynic in me is thinking that this pressure for personal devices is a back door way of the police investgators getting their hands on items that they wouldn't be able to obtain a valid warrant for.

As others have pointed out Manly is owned privately and can hire/fire who they like, in line with Industrial Relations limitations of course. So having a front office full of people the owners don't like makes no sense at all.

I hope Woodsie was drunk and mistook him for Mickey out of Rocky !!

Who made you Mr self riteous.
I thought it was unanimous?

If you know it all...please feel free to share your expetise.
Don't worry, I have exceedingly few areas of expertise (maybe spelling) but always happy to share.

My earlier point (and forgive me if it was crudely expressed) is that the argument 'they wouldn't investigate unless there was something wrong' is worse than naïve, and that's not a matter of expertise, just common sense.

And you're right, this place is for all opinions, people will try to shoot you down if they don't agree but that's fine.

Hefty sanctions likely as Manly Sea Eagles refuse to co-operate with NRL salary cap investigation

The Daily Telegraph

THE salary cap cold war between Manly and the NRL failed to thaw on Tuesday despite both parties firing up their top officials for high-powered meetings.

Manly held lengthy meetings with club lawyers while the NRL’s integrity unit also met to discuss the festering issue.

Based on legal advice, the Sea Eagles continue to refuse handing over any relevant emails or mobile phone records to assist the NRL’s salary cap investigation.

Manly claim the mobile phones are privately used and owned, and the NRL has no legal right to seize them.

It is known one concerned Manly official in the front office is refusing to co-operate.

Manly chairman Scott Penn is overseas while his second in command, Geoff Day, did not return calls.

The NRL was tipped to sanction Manly on Tuesday unless the club provided the relevant information to NRL’s integrity unit.

Possible sanctions include a hefty fine, which would be a huge burden on the financially struggling Sea Eagles.

The NRL’s investigation centres around alleged secret cash payments to players in breach of salary cap rules.

NRL officials are becoming increasingly frustrated at what they claim is Manly’s lack of co-operation.

The club fears handing over such sensitive information could accidentally be leaked into the public domain.

If the standoff continues, the NRL could announce penalties for Manly as early as Wednesday.

The NRL claims its rules state clubs must fully co-operate with salary cap investigations, including surrendering information on electronic devices.

Team P W L PD Pts
7 6 1 99 14
7 6 1 54 14
7 5 2 36 12
8 5 2 39 11
8 5 3 64 10
7 4 3 49 10
8 4 4 73 8
7 3 4 17 8
8 4 4 -14 8
8 4 4 -16 8
8 4 4 -60 8